More Binaural songs in setlists

DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
edited January 2010 in The Porch
i like those setlists (katowice) maybe when they tour next year they could put some more in their setlist. usually it's one or two songs sometimes. maybe more?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• They could open with Of the Girl every night and I would be happy.

Love to hear Rival live. I don't think I've ever got that one.
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    edited January 2010
    i agree, as much as i LOVE the band, the setlist needs a little shake up...just imo
    more rival, brain of j, no way (yield), etc

i listen to a LOT of pj boots, and some songs are sounding tired, ie DTE, small town

MORE JEREMY.....

again just my opinion...
    Post edited by redeye on
  • Did you just say no more yield?

Thems fightin' words
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    yeah binaural.. what i've been saying for a looong while!
  • They SHOULD make Grievance a 2010 tour staple.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    No thanks.
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    edited January 2010
    Did you just say no more yield?

Thems fightin' words
    nah just love the song, yield is my fav album anyways

meant no way, sorry :D
    Post edited by redeye on
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    That's why I like the Benaroya Hall show. They played like 5 or 6 songs off of Binaural.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Brain of J is the 1st song on YIELD

what about "Nothing as it Seems"? They play Light Years and I am Mine pretty consistently so I'm not complaining! Would LOVE to hear more of THE LOST DOGS! Hold On at 10/30 was sick! How about "black Red Yellow" or "Strangest Tribe"?

That thar would be SIIIII-IIICK!

Happy New Years to ALL!
    Steven Joerg
  • I think they should put more Riot Act as well. Ghost, Help Help, All Or None for starters. and then if they really wanna get wild, throw is some Get Right, too.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • i have seen them 5 times over about 12 years and every show was really different ... personally, i like binaural a lot so playing that album in its entirety wouldn't kill me. frankly, they could play the "crappiest" tunes they've got and i'd still be happy to be there!

songs that i would be ecstatic to see ... corduroy, wishlist, long road, insignificance, sleight of hand, sad, present tense, come back ... i could go on and on and on and on .... :oops:
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    i have seen them 5 times over about 12 years and every show was really different ... personally, i like binaural a lot so playing that album in its entirety wouldn't kill me. frankly, they could play the "crappiest" tunes they've got and i'd still be happy to be there!

songs that i would be ecstatic to see ... corduroy, wishlist, long road, insignificance, sleight of hand, sad, present tense, come back ... i could go on and on and on and on .... :oops:

seen em 5 times and havent heard corduroy????
  • Brisk. wrote:
    i have seen them 5 times over about 12 years and every show was really different ... personally, i like binaural a lot so playing that album in its entirety wouldn't kill me. frankly, they could play the "crappiest" tunes they've got and i'd still be happy to be there!

that is pretty damn amazing....

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i am a huge supporter of more Binaural love. I was really happy and pumped to see Rival come out in philly. Was a huge highlight for me. I know they feel like sometimes some song's relevancy has came and went but every pearl jam song I've ever heard can pretty much stand the test of time and still rings true year after year :D That's what i think keeps pearl jam's music enjoyable to me after all these years. It's not often a band sticks with you during all stages in life (childhood, teenager, young adult) so that's a testament to them! Seriously boggles my mind and doesn't seem like Binaural is almost ten years old. :shock: Feels like yesterday i was skipping school to buy this oh so magical album. If it doesn't get old after ten years, I'm gonna guess that it never will ;) At least this decade i have seen more pearl jam shows than there is years in a decade :D 15 times! Sure hope i double that or can afford to double that in the next decade!
  • Brisk. wrote:

:shock: ..and how this happen..?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • and yes ..we need more of binaural songs in setlists
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mad MohabMad Mohab Posts: 310
    Of the Girl, Insignificant, Sleight of hand, Evacuation, Nothing as it Seems and God's Dice are great. Binaural is amazing, my favourite of theirs.

But one song that has to be brought back in a big way is Rival, the chorus is one of their very best moments
  • i have seen them 5 times over about 12 years and every show was really different ... personally, i like binaural a lot so playing that album in its entirety wouldn't kill me. frankly, they could play the "crappiest" tunes they've got and i'd still be happy to be there!

i think most of you misunderstood my original post (i worded it poorly):oops: !!! i have seen them play all those songs in the past; i just meant i enjoy hearing them when they do play them, lol!! sorry for the confusion!!
    i think it would be impossible to not see them play corduroy!! actually, i think they have played it every time i have seen them!!

as for binaural songs: insignificance, thin air and of the girl would be up there for my top picks to see next time 'round.
  • Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    We got a nice little sampling of Binaural at the Chicago shows back in August... Insignificance, God's Dice, and Grievance were all played over the course of two nights.

Would definitely like to hear more the next time around...
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • Viva La GossardViva La Gossard Posts: 26
    edited January 2010
    I've seen them four times but have only heard Of the Girl and Breakerfall once, and Grievance twice. They really do need more Binaural in their setlists. In my opinion Binaural is their most underrated album, it deserves a lot more love than it ever gets. Of the Girl was a great opener in Salt Lake, they should do that a little more often.
    Post edited by Viva La Gossard on
    * E Center - Salt Lake City, UT- Sep 28, 2009
    * MGM Grand - Las Vegas, NV - Jul 06, 2006
    * Paramount Theater - Seattle, WA - Mar 18, 2005
    * MGM Grand - Las Vegas, NV - Jun 06, 2003

• Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    I will say this... not that I didn't already love the album, but since that show, and because they played those songs I mentioned, I've definitely upped the spins Binaural has been getting whilst driving, working out, etc.
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    speaking of great version of of the girl. toronto 09 was fantastic.