Posters!! - I get it now

MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
edited January 2010 in The Porch
For the longest time, I never really understood the passion for concert posters here.

Then I was given a gift from an extraordinary friend on this board whose name rhymes with Smetrios.

Now, In my office I have 2 posters which I have had professionally framed. Ed Vedder 2008 Batman, and Toronto 2009.

Every person who comes into my office makes a comment about how beautiful they are. I'll take a picture and post it here soon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    I would love to see the picture :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    yeah they are great.. i ahve maybe 15 sitting upstairs in my room just in tubes... no way in hell i can afford to frame them for at least another 5 years.. may have to sell to get some $$ for 2010 tour.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    Brisk. wrote:
    yeah they are great.. i ahve maybe 15 sitting upstairs in my room just in tubes... no way in hell i can afford to frame them for at least another 5 years.. may have to sell to get some $$ for 2010 tour.
    You may want to pay for a portfolio case or poster storage box then... it's not good to leave them in their tubes, I believe. I've got about fifteen as well, most of which are framed - the rest I have left flat.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Here is batman. Bare with me. I just took this with the Blackberry and posted to photobucket for the first time.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/ad23 ... ell_photo/
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    It looks good!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Here is the link to Toronto 2009

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/JHolliwell/
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535

Sweet! 8-)
  • I have this one and a few others in a box somewhere and still don't get it.

poster_01.jpg
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    I love posters. Unfortunately I have probably gone a little overboard with them -- I currently have at least 50 stored in a portfolio in my room.

On the plus side, I have recently discovered the joy of self-framing. There is a great sense of satisfaction in selecting a frame, matte, etc., having it sent, and assembling it yourself. I've only done two so far but I am already thinking about doing a couple more this month.

Before I do that, though, I need to get my EV Chicago A/P framed...gonna take that one to a pro.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus