10 Club vs Vitalogy Health Club

Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
edited December 2009 in The Porch
There's been a few album vs album and song vs song threads out there during to slow Holiday Season here. So, pick your favorite fan club name. I always liked the VHC...it was the name of the club when I joined using a post card and stamp and dropping it off in a mailbox.

Any idea why we had a name change?
I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Yeah I Still remember it being called the 'Vitalogy Health Club'...BUT no Idea why they Changed it! :)
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    was just thinking about this .
    i still have that vitalogy ambulance or what ever that car was that u folded to together . i never folded it . lol :lol::lol:

Oh before the internet days . the old post card .
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    ah..the old days..

we would gather round the FM radio furiously ranting that our C90 TDK casstte was going to run out before the end of Mikey's solo in "Garden" from the 4/3/94 Atlanta broadcast..

Damn that "Tape flip" was so tricky...

and we would climb up the nearest telephone pole to make our collect call to the Seattle Pearl Jam news update message with hopes our TOUR DATES!

(insert "Green Acres" themesong here)

:D
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    I have the 95 boot from Missoula (amazing show with the "new" drummer, Jack Irons). Its not an official, but it says "vitalogy health club" on the cover, because they play almost every track from Vitalogy!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    may be the best audience bootleg recordings I have ever heard:

02/05/95 - Moore Theater: Seattle, WA (Fan Club show)
    attendance: 1,400
    set:
    Jack Irons chant/Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Corduroy/Not for You, Animal, W.M.A., Lukin, Glorified G, Daughter, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Blood
    enc 1:
    Satan's Bed, Black, Porch, Garden, Go
    enc 2:
    Better Man, Let My Love Open the Door

notes: Free tickets were mailed to Ten Club members and PJ appeared as the "Piss Bottle Men." Ed speaks of how they just got their vaccinations for the Asian tour, and, while speaking of "pains in the ass," says about the "jumping thing" (moshing and stagediving) that they are "beyond that now." 'Lukin' premiers at this show. A riff from 'Baba O'Riley' is played to open 'RVM.' 'Immortality's' ending is long, lingering and soft. They pause after a ripping 'Go' for Ed to note, "So this is what the fan club looks like ..." 'Let My Love Open the Door,' a Pete Townshend cover, is played for the first time live by the whole band.

02/06/95 - Moore Theater: Seattle, WA (Fan Club show)
    attendance: 1,400
    set:
    Release, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Not for You, Corduroy, Lukin, Dissident, Act of Love, Animal, State of Love and Trust, Daughter/(W.M.A) /(Stuff and Nonsense), Improv , Whipping, Immortality, Go
    enc 1: The Kids Are Alright, Porch, Jack Irons chant/Blood
    enc 2: Jam, Satan's Bed, Rearviewmirror, Instrumental Jam
    enc 3: Act of Love

notes: Free tickets were mailed to Ten Club members and PJ appeared as the "Piss Bottle Men." A new song/improv ('The Price of Everything' ?) is dedicated to Riz Rollins, a Seattle record store clerk and occasional funk DJ. Ed explains 'Whipping' as a song "... about getting hit in the face, turning your cheek and getting hit again. Come to think of it, all the songs are about that." 'The Kids Are Alright' is solo by Ed, accompanying himself on guitar. Neil Young joins PJ in a surprise 'Act of Love' encore.

:shock:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    There's been a few album vs album and song vs song threads out there during to slow Holiday Season here. So, pick your favorite fan club name. I always liked the VHC...it was the name of the club when I joined using a post card and stamp and dropping it off in a mailbox.

Any idea why we had a name change?
    It was Ten Club originally, they changed it to VHC when Vitalogy was released, don't know if that was intended to be just short term or not, but they resumed calling it Ten Club shortly thereafter.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    locked wrote:
    ah..the old days..

we would gather round the FM radio furiously ranting that our C90 TDK casstte was going to run out before the end of Mikey's solo in "Garden" from the 4/3/94 Atlanta broadcast..

Damn that "Tape flip" was so tricky...
    I remember taping that broadcast off of 'BCN. (RIP 'BCN)...then later won a copy of the show on CD from 'BCN (RIP 'BCN), and each disc was one long track, bootlegs have come a long way.
    This weekend we rock Portland