Eddie Vedder & Peter Gammons

RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Is it true these 2 are pretty close? If so im totally stoked, I now work with Gammons and met him this morning, would love to talk Pearl Jam with him, says hes a big rocker on the side and a huge Pearl Jam fan, than goes on to say how @ the World Series he was huggin Mariano Rivera 1 minute and Eddie Vedder the nexts, also read a post saying I hope hes better in time to make it to eddie vedders wedding...I see me and gammons @ Jazzfest...lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I know they are friends. Not sure how "close". Same with Theo Epstein. Find out for us when PJ is playing Fenway.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I see Theo in alot of old footage here wearing the PJ pitchfork hat...I hate the Sux but Theo rules
  • That's ok. The world needs villains too. So you work for MLB network? Ever see anybody else cool?

Gammons is also hosting his annual Hot Stove, Cool Music benefit show at the Boston House of Blues. Here's the website. It benefits several wonderful causes:

http://hotstovecoolmusic.org/

Ill be in Seattle and can't go, but anyone in the Boston area that haven't been to one of these, its a lot of fun.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I think they are friends, after the halloween my brother and I were walking around trying to find a cab and we ran into Tim Kirkjian and started talking to him, anyway he asked us if we went to the WS series game, we said no we were at the PJ show, he say I heard they were great last night(30th), I said they were and asked if he went, "No, but Peter Gammons did" was his response, he then told a story of him asking about it in the hotel the next morning and EV walking by patting Gammons on the shoulder and told him to have a good one. Then joking about how Gammons didn't introduce him.

Sorry, if I went on it just seemed a perfect fit. Let me know if they need help at the MLB netowrk, just kidding, unless they do of course. :D
    Uniondale - Apr 30, 2003 Camden - Jul 06, 2003 Holmdel - Jul 14, 2003 Boston - Sep 28, 2004 Montreal - Sep 15, 2005 Philly - Oct 03, 2005 East Rutherford Jun 03, 2006 MSG - Jun 24-25 2008 Philly Oct 27-31, 2009 Newark - May 18, 2010 MSG - May 20-21, 2010
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3-4, 2011 Philly - Sept 2, 2012 Brooklyn - Oct 18-19, 2013 Philly - Oct 21-22, 2013 LA - Nov 23-24, 2013 New York -Sept 26, 2015 Fort Lauderdale - Apr 8, 2016 Miami - Apr 9, 2016 Philly - Apr 28-29, 2016 MSG - May 1-2, 2016 Fenway - Aug 5-7, 2016
    Brooklyn - Apr 7, 2017 Fenway - Sept 3-4, 2018 

• Ed once dedicated "Light Years" to Peter Gammons. I think it was in 2006. Gammons was recovering in the hospital at the time (can't remember what was wrong with him--but I remember it being fairly serious). Gammons would definitely have the inside scoop on a Fenway show.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Cool story. How long have you been working at ESPN? Seems like it would be a dream job.
    Brian
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    NCBRI wrote:
    Cool story. How long have you been working at ESPN? Seems like it would be a dream job.

I assume he works for MLB Network, as that is Gammons' new job. Either one would be a good gig I assume.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I see Theo in alot of old footage here wearing the PJ pitchfork hat...I hate the Sux but Theo rules

and up on stage together ...

BDD_TE_0525_angier.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    I see Theo in alot of old footage here wearing the PJ pitchfork hat...I hate the Sux but Theo rules

BDD_TE_0525_angier.jpg

I FORGOT ABOUT THIS! Thanks jimed!

Taken at Toad's in Davis Sq. May 2006. Was anybody there? Or know someone that was there? I know they did this after Theo came onstage and did Indifference earlier in the night. The third individual is Bill Janovitz from Buffalo Tom, right? He's one of Peter Gammons closest friends.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Peter Gammons is an amazing sports writer. I saw him once about 2 hours before a sox playoff game (trying to sneak into the stadium quietly). The streets were almost empty and he was walking right towards me and my friends. I couldn't help but announce his name and gave him a round of applause. The few people around started clapping as well. He laughed, said thanks and headed into the park quickly.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:

BDD_TE_0525_angier.jpg

I FORGOT ABOUT THIS! Thanks jimed!

Taken at Toad's in Davis Sq. May 2006. Was anybody there? Or know someone that was there? I know they did this after Theo came onstage and did Indifference earlier in the night. The third individual is Bill Janovitz from Buffalo Tom, right? He's one of Peter Gammons closest friends.

You are correct. Bill had a solo show, with one or two of the members of Crown Victoria (one of his side projects). Bill called Theo on stage (Bill has done some music work for Red Sox Radio) ... later, Theo called his "friend Ed" up.

I had a few friends that happened to be there that night ... Toad doesn't hold more than 30 people. I guess Ed was sitting discretely (possibly on the floor) in the back of the joint and no one knew he was even there.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Yes, I do..Gammons is a VERY smart baseball guy and what an addition, I cannot wait to talk Pearl Jam with him
  • Any video editing jobs open at MLB Network? :D I'm watching Hot Stove as I type this. I watch MLB Netowrk all the time.