Eddie..does he touch your soul the way he does mine?

StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
edited January 2010 in The Porch
It's amazing how I can feel so happy yet so sad at the same time; no one else has ever had that effect on me....Eddie just touches my very soul so profoundly that even when he makes me happy I still want to cry...the feeling is so overwhelming. Does anyone other than me feel that?
peace,
jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
"How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OMG yes,you described it so perfectly my friend..... your not the only one ;) .......
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • girls.... :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eddie is like a father to me :!:
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • vedderman wrote:
    eddie is like a father to me :!:
    shit,im not so young to say this..like brother looks like to me :lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    I would say he touch's my mind more than anything. I live a bit more every time i hear his baritone.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • BALLBOY wrote:
    I live a bit more every time i hear his baritone.

Nicely said.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    BALLBOY wrote:
    I live a bit more every time i hear his baritone.
    So true...nicely put. :)
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    girls.... :mrgreen:

And he is soooooooooo dreamy too! :lol:
  • googoo Posts: 226
    come on folks, quit trying to make Stone and the rest of the poor band feel jealous :|
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    hmmmm.........
    kind of like a soulmate you just can't know ;) and that is perfect in itself
    pandora wrote:
    hmmmm.........
    kind of like a soulmate you just can't know ;) and that is perfect in itself
    But I feel as if I do know, very difficult to put into words
    peace,
    jo

• GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    It's amazing how I can feel so happy yet so sad at the same time; no one else has ever had that effect on me....Eddie just touches my very soul so profoundly that even when he makes me happy I still want to cry...the feeling is so overwhelming. Does anyone other than me feel that?

YES!! Ive always wondered about this... I love so many bands and singers but only eddie gives me a certain feeling. Sometimes I get that gut wrenching, wow im about to burst into tears feeling from his voice and certain songs. Sometimes I cannot even get through certain songs without turning them off (Light Years, Parachutes, most of Into the Wild, The End, GTF) just to name a few. Ed's a true artist, and his art truly touches me deeply.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I didn't know I had a soul until I heard Eddie f'en Vedder sing...
  • jskjsk Posts: 53
    Mush
    If I had known then, what I know now.
  • Just dont crash a car through his house
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
    Sometimes I cannot even get through certain songs without turning them off (Light Years, Parachutes, most of Into the Wild, The End, GTF) just to name a few. Ed's a true artist, and his art truly touches me deeply.
    I can't bring myself to turn any of it off, I just let the feelings come :)
    Sometimes I cry, but I love it all the more
    peace,
    jo

Just dont crash a car through his house
    OMG that was terrible...I'm not crazy, I just love Eddie that's all....it's no wonder he's felt the way he does about his privacy...she really scared the life out of him!
    peace,
    jo

I didn't know I had a soul until I heard Eddie f'en Vedder sing...
    Understood!
    peace,
    jo

• LDBLDB Posts: 41
    Your certainly not alone. I completely understand how Ed and the music makes you happy and cry at the same time. There is a feeling I get inside that I just can't describe to anyone that doesn't feel it. I think he just has a really powerful soul that touches some of us on some deep level. There is so much music I love but it just doens't feel like PJ. Ed is the man in Given to Fly.

He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share
    His key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere

That's Ed and Thanks to Ed.

Happy New Year. Peace.
    LDB wrote:
    Your certainly not alone. I completely understand how Ed and the music makes you happy and cry at the same time. There is a feeling I get inside that I just can't describe to anyone that doesn't feel it. I think he just has a really powerful soul that touches some of us on some deep level. There is so much music I love but it just doens't feel like PJ. Ed is the man in Given to Fly.

He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share
    His key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere

That's Ed and Thanks to Ed.

Happy New Year. Peace.
    I love that analogy, that Ed is the man in given to fly....you're so right...and those lines say it all. I wonder if he realizes it?

Thanks for the uplifting relply!

Peace and good thoughts headed your way!
    peace,
    jo

• city of ruins was f'n brilliant
    city of ruins was f'n brilliant

OMG it was def the highlight of the show...sat through almost an entire hour of stuff i wasn't much interested in for that 3 mins...and it was soooo worth it! Looked as if Bruce was deeply touched as well...great job Ed...wonderful! :) They sure saved the best for last!
    peace,
    jo

• city of ruins was f'n brilliant

OMG it was def the highlight of the show...sat through almost an entire hour of stuff i wasn't much interested in for that 3 mins...and it was soooo worth it! Looked as if Bruce was deeply touched as well...great job Ed...wonderful! :) They sure saved the best for last!

ed has a way with those tunes that are so f'n pretty/sad/poignant
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    bump
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    yes
  • Ed's my uncle....he touched more than my soul.....can't tell you more than that...i'm still in therapy.
  • Ed's my uncle....he touched more than my soul.....can't tell you more than that...i'm still in therapy.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    i knew it !!!!!!!!!
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Just dont crash a car through his house

It only takes one asshole to ruin it for the rest of us... If it wasn't for the random creepy fucktards we would still be able to go to eddie's house and listen to records :( Thank god he's getting older.. hopefully most of the crazies are following the Jonas Brothers around instead :D
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    vedderman wrote:
    eddie is like a father to me :!:

Id say more of an older brother for me (even though he could be my dad! lol ) It was so nice to have a male figure to look up to who was human but also very wise. I also had the pleasure of seeing pearl jam and ed through very innocent eyes. Before i knew what sex was or that eddies long hair was rather dreamy :D At the time, there was a major shortage of men who at least acted like they respected strong women and didnt fall for all the usual bs. If it wasn't for someone like ed.. i don't think id have as much respect for myself as a human much less as a female. If theres anything i learned from him it was to stand up for what i believe in and never sell myself short. As cliche as that sounds, its the truth. He taught me that i didn't need to take off my clothes to get attention (or act like an idiot whore to get anywhere in life), that i didn't need other people to validate myself and that i was stronger than i thought. thanks for that veddie :) Even though his opinions and values may change over the years.. alot of that stuck with me and served its purpose. So thanks ved for being so positively influential in my early life :) It's made all the difference in the world.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    yes he does!
    ********************************************************************************************* image