Into The Wild On Vinyl

lchiverslchivers Posts: 13
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Any idea on where I can find one of these. I've tried everywhere and I cant seem to find anything.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Why_GoWhy_Go Posts: 87
    I think eBay is one of the only places you'll find it, since it's out of print.
    my eyes peeled both wide open, and i got a glimpse
    of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Ebay and a lot of $$ will get you one. There are times when people on here but want to sell but not for much less than ebay.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. There is a guy selling an unopened copy locally for $1400 canadian. I just about passed out.
    lchivers wrote:
    Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. There is a guy selling an unopened copy locally for $1400 canadian. I just about passed out.

There is one on ebay now that is $325 Buy it now or Make an Offer. It wouldn't hurt to shoot them an offer if you are serious.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Vedder-of-Pea ... 4a9d4d2700

• lchivers wrote:
    Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. There is a guy selling an unopened copy locally for $1400 canadian. I just about passed out.

There is one on ebay now that is $325 Buy it now or Make an Offer. It wouldn't hurt to shoot them an offer if you are serious.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Vedder-of-Pea ... 4a9d4d2700

Alright, we'll see if he is willing to ship it to Alberta.
  • Actually it also seems a shame to buy one that is factory sealed when I am going to unwrap it and through it on a turntable first thing.
  • $350 will be a bargain as time goes by.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • $350 will be a bargain as time goes by.

Except I want to open it and play it so it will drop instantly and stay there since every copy I find seems to be unopened. Man, what ever happened to listening to music instead of trying to make a return on investment.
    lchivers wrote:
    $350 will be a bargain as time goes by.

Except I want to open it and play it so it will drop instantly and stay there since every copy I find seems to be unopened. Man, what ever happened to listening to music instead of trying to make a return on investment.

That's what I did. I paid $200 for a sealed one 6 months after it came out. I only wanted it sealed so I knew it was unplayed. As soon as it arrived I tore it open and played it. I know all the times it's been played. I could care less if it's worth less. To me, listening to it is priceless.

• lchivers wrote:

That's what I did. I paid $200 for a sealed one 6 months after it came out. I only wanted it sealed so I knew it was unplayed. As soon as it arrived I tore it open and played it. I know all the times it's been played. I could care less if it's worth less. To me, listening to it is priceless.

I don't think anyone wants to hear another one of my rants, but since when did records become the new baseball cards/stamps/coins???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • since they became a thing of the past and a new generation "finds" them. With a limited demand.. companies are forced to produce a "Limited Edition" and move on. As the demand for vinyl grows, the stuff that came out will rise in price as supply is short and demand is greater. Simple economics my friend. That is all collecting is; simple supply vs. demand.
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    rolenrock wrote:
    since they became a thing of the past and a new generation "finds" them. With a limited demand.. companies are forced to produce a "Limited Edition" and move on. As the demand for vinyl grows, the stuff that came out will rise in price as supply is short and demand is greater. Simple economics my friend. That is all collecting is; simple supply vs. demand.

Yes that's what happen when there's only 2,000 copies of benny hall but 10,000 wants one, if the supply is larger than the demand the prices fall.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    as i said in the other ITW vinyl thread... i have one available - sealed

it's sealed because i have yet to buy a record player... it's always been on my wishlist... but it's way down the list

anyway... it's available because i have bills to pay...
    so yes i'm looking for market value..

PM if you're interested
    for those of you who have opened one of these

where was the 7" Vinyl??
  • lchivers wrote:

Or do what I did: buy two for $35 each when they are initially released; open one and play the fuck out of it; keep the other sealed and keep it for tradebait for a similarly rare item you want (in my case, I am hoping to make it part of a trade for a Benny Hall vinyl someday.

Alternatively, it wouldn't hurt to have a sealed version if you hit tough times someday and are desperately in need of cash.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus

Or do what I did: buy two for $35 each when they are initially released; open one and play the fuck out of it; keep the other sealed and keep it for tradebait for a similarly rare item you want (in my case, I am hoping to make it part of a trade for a Benny Hall vinyl someday.

Alternatively, it wouldn't hurt to have a sealed version if you hit tough times someday and are desperately in need of cash.

I wish I did. I didn't have access to a computer as I was out of the country when these were released. They sold out so fast so I figured I would never get one. Then a few months later I was checking ebay and saw it for like $125 and told myself no as it was WAY too much. Then I saw over the next few months it steadily was going up and then I really wanted it. Saw a Buy it Now for $200 and said fuck it. Glad I did when I did as you can't touch these on ebay for less than $300.

I was thinking of working a trade with you for my Benny until I saw your location

sorry

Go Celtics

:)
  • Lambchops wrote:

I was thinking of working a trade with you for my Benny until I saw your location

sorry

Go Celtics

Wouldn't want a Benny Hall that was touched by Celtic sleaze even if you were trying to give it to me for free. :D

Go Lakers!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    Lambchops wrote:

sorry

Go Celtics

Wouldn't want a Benny Hall that was touched by Celtic sleaze even if you were trying to give it to me for free. :D

Go Lakers!

wow... drunk this early in the day huh? ;)

if you tattoo Celtic Pride on your ass I will give you the Benny for free

deal?? ;)
  • Lambchops wrote:

sorry

Go Celtics

Go Lakers!

wow... drunk this early in the day huh? ;)

if you tattoo Celtic Pride on your ass I will give you the Benny for free

deal?? ;)

If you tattoo your lips on my ass I might consider taking the Benny vinyl off your hands. Probably not, though. :lol:

If you tattoo your lips on my ass I might consider taking the Benny vinyl off your hands. Probably not, though. :lol:

wow... and i thought it was just a stereotype that Laker fans swung that way
    i bet you touch yourself while thinking about Sasha don't you? his long hair is so dreamy!!

anyway... let me know when you make some money on the corner and want to buy the Benny

:mrgreen:
  • Lambchops wrote:

wow... and i thought it was just a stereotype that Laker fans swung that way
    i bet you touch yourself while thinking about Sasha don't you? his long hair is so dreamy!!

anyway... let me know when you make some money on the corner and want to buy the Benny

:mrgreen:

Yech...even Lakers fans don't really like Sasha. :lol:

And, like I said, that Benny is worthless to me now that it has been tainted by Celtic sleaze.

Back to the topic at hand: is anyone out there looking for a sealed ITW vinyl who has a Benny Hall vinyl available? I would be willing to give up more than just the ITW in the trade. I have other things of note (Kenyon Hall poster, DC Reaper poster, signed EV Chicago poster, Lost Dogs vinyl, Yield vinyl, etc) that I might be willing to part with as well.

Yech...even Lakers fans don't really like Sasha. :lol:

And, like I said, that Benny is worthless to me now that it has been tainted by Celtic sleaze.

Back to the topic at hand: is anyone out there looking for a sealed ITW vinyl who has a Benny Hall vinyl available? I would be willing to give up more than just the ITW in the trade. I have other things of note (Kenyon Hall poster, DC Reaper poster, signed EV Chicago poster, Lost Dogs vinyl, Yield vinyl, etc) that I might be willing to part with as well.

haha... good to know everyone hates sasha

i will take your ITW, Kenyon Hall, Dc Poster, and signed EV for my Benny Hall

deal?
  • Celtics sleaze??!?!?!

well at least we don'tn have any RAPISTS on our team!!!!!!

2af3c7c2cb82c2e522e3612774edd4ed.jpg
    Celtics sleaze??!?!?!

4229181016_a325db6a9d.jpg

I took this pic after Game 6 while the confetti was falling... some guy had this poster like 10 rows behind the Lakers hoop

classic
  • Lambchops wrote:
    Celtics sleaze??!?!?!

4229181016_a325db6a9d.jpg

I took this pic after Game 6 while the confetti was falling... some guy had this poster like 10 rows behind the Lakers hoop

classic

LMAO.....reminds me of the Jason Kidd shirts in Boston a few years ago..they had his picture with the words "wife beater" under it.
  • Lambchops wrote:
    for those of you who have opened one of these

where was the 7" Vinyl??

I just got a sealed copy of ITW for Christmas...lucky, lucky me :D:D:D ...and yes I opened it but I haven't played it...yet!! The booklet is in the front sleeve and the 7" is in the back sleeve with the album.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I have a sealed one- looking for 98 Birmingham, AL poster
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    LukinFan wrote:
    I have a sealed one- looking for 98 Birmingham, AL poster

Give us a couple of months and I (we) will find you one! that being said, what are you doing here go and enjoy your vacations in hawaii? aspen? Venice?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?