origin of The Fixer (my take)

StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
edited December 2009 in The Porch
i see it going down something like this:

Eddie - "Uh, let's try to write a song that will, uh, get played during televised sporting events. Kinda like, uh, We Will Rock You, or Blitzkrieg Bop"

Mike -"Yeah!"
Jeff - "Yeah!"
Matt -"Yeah!"
Boom - "Yeah!"
Stone - "What about our credibility? We'll have to fight to get it back again..."

and so on.
"I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• You're an idiot.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Can we ban people like this from posting threads? It would make this message board so much better.
  • tcaporale wrote:
    Can we ban people like this from posting threads? It would make this message board so much better.
    ban me for gently poking fun at the band i've worshipped since 1992?

have i blasphemed inside the temple?

death to the non-believer?!?!?!
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • I saw a friend over Christmas break that I haven't seen in years and he was raving about how awesome he thought The Fixer was. Poor guy....
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • yes, let's ban them, I think the band would love to have nothing but one sided discussions on here. I guess they have never encouraged people to speak out. Get real, I thought it was a fun little poke. Maybe they should ban me too!
    "I had a false belief, I thought I came here to stay" -e.v.

• tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    It's okay to poke fun, if I'd known you weren't serious I wouldn't have said that.

Although I kind of took offense at the "lost all credibility" part, I'm afraid to admit. :cry:
  • tcaporale wrote:
    It's okay to poke fun, if I'd known you weren't serious I wouldn't have said that.

Although I kind of took offense at the "lost all credibility" part, I'm afraid to admit. :cry:
    well i had to say something to lead to the "we have to fight to get it back again" part
  • 892cap012.jpg
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    So being negative, whiny, needlessly critical, and full of complaints is better?! :roll:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • 892cap012.jpg
    said it all with the foto
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • some people's reactions are like the Vs cover...angry sheep.
  • bitching is art....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    StuffnJunk wrote:

Eddie - "Uh, let's try to write a song that will, uh, get played during televised sporting events. Kinda like, uh, We Will Rock You, or Blitzkrieg Bop"

Mike -"Yeah!"
    Jeff - "Yeah!"
    Matt -"Yeah!"
    Boom - "Yeah!"
    Stone - "What about our credibility? We'll have to fight to get it back again..."

and so on.

I like it :)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Didn't you kow every Pearl Jam fan is their #1 fan and are right about whatever opinion they state? :lol:

p.s Don't forget... they all deserve front row seats!

p.s.s. The Fixer is tied for their best song with every other song they've written.

p.s.s.s. whahhhhh. whahhhhhh. whahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
  • How about this...

"Hey, Matt wrote this awesome song. Let's arrange and record it."

"Okay, but our stupid fans hate Matt's songs."

"Fuck 'em. We're releasing it as the first single. They can eat a bag of dicks."
  • How about this...

"Hey, Matt wrote this awesome song. Let's arrange and record it."

"Okay, but our stupid fans hate Matt's songs."

"Fuck 'em. We're releasing it as the first single. They can eat a bag of dicks."
    :lol::lol:
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    I found it funny.
  • StuffnJunk wrote:

Mike -"Yeah!"
    Jeff - "Yeah!"
    Matt -"Yeah!"
    Boom - "Yeah!"

and so on.
    lololololol
    its not a bad song, its just different, i like it, not as much as got some or unthought known but its cool.
    And ya know a friend of mine is a new fan and The Fixer is what got him into pearl jam, and he's gotten into their older stuff too so it does seem to be attracting more kids.
    Also I think the music video is cool *hides*
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009