St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    WOW!!! :wtf:
    “I have given my heart and soul to coaching college football and mentoring young men for the last 24-plus years and I have dedicated most of my waking moments the last five years to the Gator football program,” said Meyer. “I have ignored my health for years, but recent developments have forced me to re-evaluate my priorities of faith and family.”

“After consulting with my family, Dr. Machen, Jeremy Foley and my doctors, I believe it is in my best interest to step aside and focus on my health and family.

“I’m proud to be a part of the Gainesville community and the Gator Nation and I plan to remain in Gainesville and involved with the University of Florida.

“I’m very appreciative for the opportunity I’ve had to be a part of a tremendous institution – from Dr. Machen to Jeremy Foley and the entire administrative staff at UF. I’m also very thankful for the chance to work with some of the best assistants in college football and coach some of the best college football players and watch them grow both on and off the field as people. I will cherish the relationships with them the most.”

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=17169
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I think it's a little odd.

Don't get me wrong, personal health is obviously very important, but is it really so serious that he shouldn't be coaching anymore? He's still rather young.

My father was joking around that Meyer can't fathom coaching without Tebow.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    gotta be more to this...
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    You mean Tim Tebow can't heal him...
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Finally found the meaning of life after climbing Mt Teebow. Its not football. Its Pearl Jam.
    More time to follow the band.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    sounds like the alumni "changed his mind" ;)

NEW ORLEANS - Two sources close to the situation told Florida Today that Urban Meyer has changed his mind and has decided he will return as the Gators' head coach after taking an indefinite leave of absence.

Offensive coordinator Steve Addazio will be the acting head coach until Meyer feels he is ready to return, according to the sources. New York Times reporter Pete Thamel spoke with Addazio, who confirmed the news. Meyer is expected to not coach in the 2010 season.

A person familiar with Meyer's decision told The Associated Press the coach woke up Sunday morning, got around his players at a short practice on campus and realized he wasn't quite ready to call it quits.

"There's no guarantees here," the person told the AP. "He could still walk away. He's got some significant concerns about his health and his tank and his family. But instead of cutting the cord, he's going to take a step back and see how he feels."

Meyer shockingly announced Saturday that he had decided to resign as the Florida head coach, mentioning health reasons as a major factor. He was hospitalized following the Gators' return home from a 32-13 loss to Alabama in the SEC title game, saying he had chest pains.

Meyer's wife Shelley told the Orlando Sentinel after the news broke that there's "no chance" Meyer will change his mind about quitting his job as Gators coach.

"This is the best decision for him and us right now," Shelley said.

Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley could not be reached immediately for comment. The team has a press conference scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET for the arrival of the team for the Jan. 1 Sugar Bowl. -- David Jones, Florida Today

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -absence/1
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    Great

the Brett favre of college coaches
  • as a Tennesee fan, i think this is great news!
  • :shock: :wtf:
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You mean Tim Tebow can't heal him...

Perfect
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,963
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Great

:lol::lol::lol:

I love that Sears commercial where Favre says "I hate those guys (who can't make up their minds)."
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Great

:clap::clap::clap:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Health is more important than football.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I'm a huge fan, but if anyone watched the UF vs. FSU game this year, you would've wondered if Urban hadnt been smoking something before the game.. :crazy: Horrible play calling and just a constant clusterfuck with 3 quartebacks rotating all over the place. I got dizzy trying to figure out what was going on.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • I hope he takes Steve Addazio with him...
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • There is a vacancy in Denver and Tim Tebow is one of the quarterbacks.

Urban might soon be reunited with his man-crush.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org