Brits hunting foxes

tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
edited December 2009 in The Porch
fox-7594.jpg

Hey!

For those fellow Brits here who are appalled by so-called 'blood-sports' -like hunting wild foxes with packs of dogs (a great old british tradition!), there's a national petition here to counter the growing noise about lifting the hunting ban next parliament.

I don't think you need to be a Labour party supporter to agree with this or to sign up.

http://www.backtheban.com/

I always thought the best argument I've heard against bloodsports came from Paul McCartney one time when someone asked him in an interview why he was opposed to fox-hunting etc he simply said

'Because it's cruel!'

nuff said?

You can read a bit more about the background here:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6968236.ece
Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dann2000Dann2000 Posts: 162
    Please get over it, it's crap scare mungering by a very scared labour party. Open your eyes to the real problems in this country not just fluffy animals who don't deserved to be killed by upper class twats.
  • How does this affect Pearl Jam? Am I missing something?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    "Do we get to kill the English?"
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    What's this got to do with Pearl Jam? Please post in the right section.
  • Dann2000Dann2000 Posts: 162

You can kill people but god forbid you kill a fox.
    Dann2000 wrote:

You can kill people but god forbid you kill a fox.
    Too many people, not enough foxes.. supply and demand.
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,030
    How does this affect Pearl Jam? Am I missing something?
    My dog saw a couple of foxes in the snow last week & his name is Pilate, so that maybe is your connection.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • halvhalv Posts: 699
    "You can kill people but god forbid you kill a fox."

Dann2000...did the original poster say anything about it being ok to kill people but not foxes? Of course they didn't. The person who wrote "Can we kill the English" was obviosuly joking, though in bad taste. Violence is violence. People I know that are against animal cruelty, including myself, are also passionately against human exploitation and violence. It's not like you have to be anti-human just because you are against cruelty to non-human animals.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Do the hunters eat the fox after these hunts?
    #FHP
  • Horos wrote:
    Do the hunters eat the fox after these hunts?

I was curious about this too. Mods, can we move this thread? This has nothing to do with PJ.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Dann2000 wrote:
    Please get over it, it's crap scare mungering by a very scared labour party. Open your eyes to the real problems in this country not just fluffy animals who don't deserved to be killed by upper class twats.

You're right, I'm over it now, thanks for the illumination.

Apologies for posting in the wrong section, I'm not sure if I can move it now (mods?). This is not really PJ related.

I agree the Labour party is pretty much a spent force these days, and just cynically trying to hold onto their seats. I don't think a change would be such a bad thing. I'm pretty familiar with a lot of their policies, having been involved with implementing and critiquing many of them since 1998. It was obvious to me round about 2002 that they had plateaued and were running out of ideas, and needed to change tack, but they just pressed on regardless.

I've been more open to Cameron's lot but actually this repealing the fox-hunting ban stuff seems to be initiated by them not Labour, as quite a cheap way of increasing their popularity amongst a particular section of their traditional supporters.

Maybe fox-hunting is a diversion, but if we are gonna draw some battle lines anywhere, it seems to me that this is as good an issue as any. In my eyes anybody who can delight in pursuing animals in order to rip them to pieces (with not much left to eat if anybody really wanted to!) is pretty much marking themselves out as a sadist, and one lacking a fairly fundamental human value: compassion.

In my mind if people can't be humane towards animals, it's hard for me to see how they can really be humane towards human beings they don't care much for either.

Anyway think I'm gonna take my things and go home; retire from this forum for a bit and come back when it's speedo-wearing weather. See you all in the summer!

Try and enjoy the new album everybody, and look out for Florence saying no in Den Haag.

Cya

t
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
    tremors wrote:
    Dann2000 wrote:

You're right, I'm over it now, thanks for the illumination.

Apologies for posting in the wrong section, I'm not sure if I can move it now (mods?). This is not really PJ related.

I agree the Labour party is pretty much a spent force these days, and just cynically trying to hold onto their seats. I don't think a change would be such a bad thing. I'm pretty familiar with a lot of their policies, having been involved with implementing and critiquing many of them since 1998. It was obvious to me round about 2002 that they had plateaued and were running out of ideas, and needed to change tack, but they just pressed on regardless.

I've been more open to Cameron's lot but actually this repealing the fox-hunting ban stuff seems to be initiated by them not Labour, as quite a cheap way of increasing their popularity amongst a particular section of their traditional supporters.

Maybe fox-hunting is a diversion, but if we are gonna draw some battle lines anywhere, it seems to me that this is as good an issue as any. In my eyes anybody who can delight in pursuing animals in order to rip them to pieces (with not much left to eat if anybody really wanted to!) is pretty much marking themselves out as a sadist, and one lacking a fairly fundamental human value: compassion.

In my mind if people can't be humane towards animals, it's hard for me to see how they can really be humane towards human beings they don't care much for either.

Anyway think I'm gonna take my things and go home; retire from this forum for a bit and come back when it's speedo-wearing weather. See you all in the summer!

Try and enjoy the new album everybody, and look out for Florence saying no in Den Haag.

Cya

t

No, you're right. Don't listen to the person saying there are "bigger" issues. There will always be "bigger" issues. Doesn't mean this is an issue that shouldn't be addressed. Ripping helpless animals to shreds as a hobby is retarded and should be addressed.
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    The ban was passed ages ago but this review of it and the debate will hopefully lead to one thing... Some kind of Klausen designed PJ poster featuring a fox for the 2010 London show.
  • The Fox hunts, while I agree are cruel, are probably the LEAST cruel of all the 'blood sports' the British invented or 'popularized'. At least the fox has a CHANCE to get away. We're talking about a society that gave us cock-fighting, bull-baiting, AND dog fighting. My fiance runs an animal shelter which is pitbull-friendly, and we own four of them. They are such intelligent, amazing, loving animals. I cannot understand how a human being with a full functioning brain can look at two dogs tearing eachother to shreds and think to themselves..."wow, this is really entertaining"...are you fucking kidding me!!?? The sheer lack of 'humanity' in human kind is absolutely terrrifying... :cry:
  • "Do we get to kill the English?"

"ane the answer is yes...ye fight with me, you kill the anglish!"

"excellent!!! stephen is my name... im the most wanted man on moy oiland...but im not on moy oiland!"

:lol::lol::lol:

surprising no one else got that ;)
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...

"ane the answer is yes...ye fight with me, you kill the anglish!"

"excellent!!! stephen is my name... im the most wanted man on moy oiland...but im not on moy oiland!"

:lol::lol::lol:

surprising no one else got that ;)
    lol.. And people just though I had a sick sense of humor.. which I do too. 8-)
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    while you're at it please donate here.
    https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/donate.asp