Record player for Christmas

RPR77RPR77 Posts: 112
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Listening to Backspacer on my new record player. It is like I am hearing it for the first time. It feels like I am back at the Spectrum. I see now what everybody means about records. The sound is so crisp.
6-19-08 Camden I 8-17-08 EV DC II 10-27-09 Philly Night I row 5 10-28-09 Philly Night II row 6 Dead center,10-30-09 Philly Night III section 202, 10-31-09 Philly Night IV section 310, 10-21-13 Philly I PIT, 10-22-13 Philly II PIT
First song I heard live Hard to Imagine.
Thank you Pearl Jam for playing Man of the Hour Philly 13 Night 1, I lost my Uncle that morning and it helped me, Cincy 10-01-14 PIT
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Word !!

Welcome my friend to the world of vinyl . and u will see u will not be able to stop buying LP's now lol.... Woot !!
  • Sweet I got a record player around September and I love it!! The PJ albums i have so far are Ten, Vitalogy, and Backspacer! =D I also recently got Elliott Smith XO for my birthday and when i spun it i was blown away sounds incredible.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Backspacer vinyl is inferior to the cd. Wait til you actually get some good sounding PJ records.
  • Listened to Binaural and No Code the other night on vinyl. So warm. So good.
  • Where are you guys getting all the older PJ albums on vinyl? I have the Ten reissue and was supposed to have Backspacer for Christmas but for some reason it takes over three weeks for it to get to my house. Go figure. But are these new reissues of the older records on vinyl?
    One man stands along, awaiting
    For her to come home
    Eyes are closed,.. You cannot know
    But his heart don’t seem to roam.
  • found_dog wrote:
    Where are you guys getting all the older PJ albums on vinyl? I have the Ten reissue and was supposed to have Backspacer for Christmas but for some reason it takes over three weeks for it to get to my house. Go figure. But are these new reissues of the older records on vinyl?

I found Binaural, Live on Two Legs, Yield and No Code all at record conventions over the years. I snagged Binaural for $20 and Live on Two Legs for $10. Both in mint condition. What a steal! You just gotta hunt around. I found Vs. at a record store about five or six years ago.
  • found_dog wrote:
    Where are you guys getting all the older PJ albums on vinyl? I have the Ten reissue and was supposed to have Backspacer for Christmas but for some reason it takes over three weeks for it to get to my house. Go figure. But are these new reissues of the older records on vinyl?

Well I got Vitalogy from my father lol.
    But keep your eye out at record stores thats your best bet.
    Or if money is no issue you can buy em for a high price on Amazon or Ebay.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • i just got one too and know exactly how it feels :)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I just got a new one for Christmas after my other one broke in October. It was a sad two months where I couldn't listen to LPs. I've already spun Vitalogy twice and Backspacer once. Listening to the Ten reissue now. Got to love vinyls.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • just blew some money on:

Incubus - Monuments and Melodies
    KOL - Only By The Night
    U2 - The Joshua Tree
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Just got a record player for Christmas as well. Nothing too expensive or fancy, but I love the process of spinning the vinyl, and the sound is fucking fantastic.

Oh, and my little bro got me the one PJ record I have been trying to get my hands on for months: No Code! Now I just need Binaural and Riot Act to finish my PJ studio albums collection. :D
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • My wife hooked me up with a new one for Christmas. This is the kind you can plug into the USB on your computer to convert records to MP3's or load onto iTunes. SWEET!!!! :D
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    What a cool present. Now you can play all your vinyl! I have vinyls dating back to the 70s.
  • :D:D:D me too. my hubbs got me a new one for christmas (the one i grew up on finally gave out). it's also got that usb port which is so very cool and so very weird at the same time.

first spin: vitalogy
    second spin: 'love reign o'er me' xmas single
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    just blew some money on:

KOL - Only By The Night
    U2 - The Joshua Tree

I'd love to get The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby on vinyl.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    Newch91 wrote:
    just blew some money on:

KOL - Only By The Night
    U2 - The Joshua Tree

I'd love to get The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby on vinyl.

Am still trying to score a decent Achtung Baby on vinyl, all the copies I've found so far have been warped or very badly scratched. Love that album.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits