Mother Love Bone Songs?

edited December 2009 in The Porch
So I was listening to the Xmas single version of Crown of Thorns, and as wondering if Pearl Jam ever plays any other MLB songs? I was thinking how I would love to hear them do Stargazer or Bone China :D
Underneath this smile lies everything
all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nope.
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • They played "Chloe Dancer" along with "Crown of Thorns" in Atlanta '03. I haven't heard that recording, but I was never really fond of PJ's take on "Crown of Thorns". Eddie doesn't have a voice that lends itself well to Andrew Wood's style, IMO.
  • I was thinking how I would love to hear them do Stargazer or Bone China :D

Mindreader huh?

I think playing those two song would make the roof blow off...

/F
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • RD96430 wrote:
    Eddie doesn't have a voice that lends itself well to Andrew Wood's style, IMO.
    I agree. Though I think Eddie could pull off a great rendition of Man of Golden Words if the band did a slightly different arrangement of the song.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    MLB rock. Bought the album recently (what a find) and have played it heaps in my car. My 11 year old loves it.
  • Love MLB. seems like it's tough for Stone and Jeff to play these songs again live.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Bone China even as a tag would rock. I have to mention the disc 'Malfunkshun' on Loosegroove records. Wood puts in some of his best showings on Until the Ocean and Winterbites. The whole album has a pretty good, well recorded sound. The cover shot is a bit much, but the disc itself is worth having.
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Love MLB. seems like it's tough for Stone and Jeff to play these songs again live.

A waste of some great songs not to hear them live. But I can definitely emphathise with Stone and Jeff!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    RD96430 wrote:
    They played "Chloe Dancer" along with "Crown of Thorns" in Atlanta '03. I haven't heard that recording, but I was never really fond of PJ's take on "Crown of Thorns". Eddie doesn't have a voice that lends itself well to Andrew Wood's style, IMO.
    i think ed does a great job of it. it be cheesy and disrespectful to andy for ed to sing it like andy did. besides ed singing in a glam voice would be weird. its probably the hardest song for the band to play emotion wise.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• i would say Man Of Golden Words would be the best MLB song to do (other than Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns)...also i'd like to hear This Is Shangri-La, i know it's not really ed's style to sing, but with a little tweaking, he could make it his own and really rock it out

MLB fucking rocked, if it wasn't for Andy's death, i would be talking to a lot of you on a different fan club forum...

but then on the bright side there would be no PJ and no EV...when one door closes, another one opens
  • Stardog Champion, or This is Shangri-La...i think Eddie could pull those off
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg