*** Official Pearl Jam App Debuts ***

13»

Comments

• pearluke wrote:
    Anyone else having trouble getting the app to load? Mine opens into the "loading" screen then just shuts off. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it worked for a day then back to the same problem again.

Luke

try a hard reboot: hold the top button (sleep) and your home buttons at the same time for aprox 8 seconds...this will reboot your phone and perhaps fix your problem.

Hold your sleep button to turn your phone back on...

Anyone having trouble signing in to the forum via the app? It's telling me my username and password are bad... :?
  • Thanks for the suggestion, no luck though! It's weird because it works fine on my wife's iphone and we sync to the same itunes. I downloaded it on my phone first and she picked it up off itunes.
  • First time posting from an iPhone!...neato gang!
  • Really amazing iPhone take on the forums. Just amazing. Other features aren't real useful but I like the show tracker of my past shows. Gonna take a while to add them all.
    New screenname for the new site. At least for now. Previously Lackofdave
    Blogging at <a href="http://www.dadtherapy.com">Dad Therapy</a>
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    I love, love, love this app! (Yes, I'm posting this from my iPhone.) I've gotten a lot of raves from people I've shown the record player to, also.
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • It would be nice if we could access our private messages from this app as well...I like it, but there are definitely some additions which could make it more useful.
  • oceans18oceans18 Posts: 154
    It would be nice if we could access our private messages from this app as well...I like it, but there are definitely some additions which could make it more useful.
    That's what I would like as well.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    *the in between is mine*
  • KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    It would be nice if we could access our private messages from this app as well...I like it, but there are definitely some additions which could make it more useful.
    That's what I would like as well.

Same here, can we have our inbox available on th app? That would be great! Really cool job on the artwork. You can really see the dedication that went into the app. Thanks!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • oceans18oceans18 Posts: 154
    Something I just noticed while coincidently listenting to PJ on my phone; the iPod stops playing when you open this app. I'm not sure if that's the case with all apps or not but it'd be cool if the iPod could play over the app.

edit - if you have the headset you can just press play from it. Otherwise I assume you can't play your music again without exiting the app.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    *the in between is mine*
  • And I now officially get nothing done at work all day. Thanks 10C! ;)
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• Great app! I'd say it's even better than the NIN one (which says a fair bit).
    Just a couple things for future updates:
    please add a way to view the store from within the app. I find the actual PJ site very slow to load on my phone and it would be nice to see what's new relatively quick.
    Push notifications would be nice for news, but with emails and Twitter updates it's not as essential.
    Keep up the good work!
    Also eventually getting all of the PJ videos would be a nice addition (although I can see how it might not happen)
  • i downloaded the app for my itouch even got the latest software upgrade, and after i sync it, there is no pearl jam app on my ipod, but it shows it is there in itunes WTF? I need help with this.
    9/28/2004 Boston, Mass
    5/12/2006 Albany, NY
    6/01/2006 E Rutherford, NJ
    6/24/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    6/25/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    10/27/2009 Philli, PA Spectrum 1
    5/21/2010 NYC MSG 2, NY
    10/25/13 Hartford, Ct
  • i got it working, but don't have a wireless internet, so that is the next step.
    9/28/2004 Boston, Mass
    5/12/2006 Albany, NY
    6/01/2006 E Rutherford, NJ
    6/24/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    6/25/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    10/27/2009 Philli, PA Spectrum 1
    5/21/2010 NYC MSG 2, NY
    10/25/13 Hartford, Ct
  • Does they actually have an app that will work for Blackberry? If so are there only certain versions or carriers it will work work on?
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free"
    - Eddie Vedder
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    What about for the BB? I hate apple products.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    The important question is:
    Will we be able to purchase tickets with this thing?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Testing my new iPhone right now !!!
    Cool apps.
  • The app rules!
    -neat man!
  • Awesome App!
    -neat man!
  • lchivers wrote:
    Isn't band promo stuff usually free?

I like to think of it like T-shirts and posters. Sure they promote the band, but fans are willing to pay to show support and get cool gear.

I love it! (not sent from my iPod Touch)
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Yet another merchandising trick (and corporate partnership) to get us to shell out even more of our money...

It's great for those who think that crap like iphone apps are great and all. But that's all it is.

Don't like then don't buy it. It's that simple, no one is forcing you to buy the Pearl jam app (it is awesome though). What are you pist that you still have a T-mobile flip phone? It's not the bands fault that you’re a technology dinosaur. The more I come on the forum the more I do not like the fan base. It's just seems like constant bitching and sense of entitlement that drives me crazy. I don't know if it is a younger people like the generation Y-ners but "But I just want to scream not HELL-O"But SHUT THE FUCK UP...” Ahhh that felt good.....
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    shadowcast wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Yet another merchandising trick (and corporate partnership) to get us to shell out even more of our money...

It's great for those who think that crap like iphone apps are great and all. But that's all it is.

Don't like then don't buy it. It's that simple, no one is forcing you to buy the Pearl jam app (it is awesome though). What are you pist that you still have a T-mobile flip phone? It's not the bands fault that you’re a technology dinosaur. The more I come on the forum the more I do not like the fan base. It's just seems like constant bitching and sense of entitlement that drives me crazy. I don't know if it is a younger people like the generation Y-ners but "But I just want to scream not HELL-O"But SHUT THE FUCK UP...” Ahhh that felt good.....

Seems you like to do a little bitching of your own eh? Guess unless it's happy they're not allowed to express their opinion? It goes both ways...good and bad.....as you demonstrate in your post.

I'd love a blackberry app. I'm in the tech business and have no interest in the iphone. I see the marketing strategy but i'd love it to be wider as well.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • I love the iPhone app but it would be even cooler if we could shop the goods section from our phone? Any plans to add the goods section to the app?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I love the iPhone app but it would be even cooler if we could shop the goods section from our phone? Any plans to add the goods section to the app?

that would be nice. I also can't seem to be able to do a thread search with the app.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11