PJ poster knockoffs online!

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
edited December 2009 in The Porch
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... am#p656471
JohnnyUtah wrote:
Here’s the info of a person selling PJ poster knockoffs online. I purchased one from this guy after a fraudulent listing on ebay, the $77 one from 11/09. Don’t know what can be done about it, but wanted to pass along the info. To answer the question someone asked earlier. The telltale sign of a knockoff of this particular poster is the lack of artist info going up the left border and a small white ring under the band's name. I saw that this guy just sold another knockoff for $160 on ebay. Be careful!

http://www.posters57.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=ll22mi1q0u002bed6900g90p70&keyword=pearl+jam

http://cgi.ebay.com/PEARL-JAM-04-SHOWBOX-SHOW-POSTER-MINTY_W0QQitemZ250551300687QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a5605724f

http://myworld.ebay.com/bifnim11/

Whoa mama! :shock:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    That's why there's so many showbox 2004 around! Buying from the "store" for $20 is one thing but the same poster on eBay for more than $20 is another thing :(
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    arq wrote:
    That's why there's so many showbox 2004 around! Buying from the "store" for $20 is one thing but the same poster on eBay for more than $20 is another thing :(

It's another reason why I & many other's never shop for poster's on eBay.
    demetrios wrote:
    arq wrote:

how do you do then? Straight from the artist and over EB? Sometimes (99% of the time) people over EB put outrageous prices for even the most unwated posters that is ridiculous. So the only other way is trades and have a fast trigger to buy from the artist :(
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• OkOk Posts: 2,144
    people suck, that's all I have to say.
  • it is disappointing that the only way to assure you get what you pay for with posters is either, at a show, through Brad (or the artist's site) or by someone you trust on the boards.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    arq wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    arq wrote:

how do you do then? Straight from the artist and over EB? Sometimes (99% of the time) people over EB put outrageous prices for even the most unwated posters that is ridiculous. So the only other way is trades and have a fast trigger to buy from the artist :(

I buy straight from the artist. Straight from the offical band's website or distrubuter who is selling the official rock or offical art prints. If it's an old print i'm trying to find, i'll try asking the artist & pm a few friends for help. That's about it! :)
    demetrios wrote:
    I buy straight from the artist. Straight from the offical band's website or distrubuter who is selling the official rock or offical art prints. If it's an old print i'm trying to find, i'll try asking the artist & pm a few friends for help. That's about it! :)

so simple yet so wise, but I don't have anyone to pm! I'm not D (you) :P
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    I spotted this auction about a week ago but it was his other sales that caused me to draw suspicion. I am a big Bo Jackson fan and was searching for "THE BALL PLAYER" Bo Jackson poster. The poster has been out of print for over 15+ plus years and this guy was selling a bunch of them as "MINT". Then I looked at all of his other items for sale and they were all older posters in "perfect, flawless condition"

When browsing through his other items he had for sale, I noticed he was selling the Showbox print. That is when the caution flag came up and I knew this guy was fishy
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    go get em 10c!!
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    thanks for the note.
    Posted on another site too.

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc