Len Berman knows

PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
edited December 2009 in The Porch
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Nice - wasn't he retireing?? (or got fired from NBC???)....
  • Ok wrote:
    Nice - wasn't he retireing?? (or got fired from NBC???)....

no but bruce became the main guy..which sucks cause he doesn't do spanning the world, the greatest segment of all...i haven't watched NBC news in a while, i kinda lost interest after Len was no longer the main guy
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    i miss len berman! i've been out of the ny viewing area for a while now. so what happened to him if he wasn't fired or retired? or is it very hush hush. he's been with nbc for ages so its kinda strange.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    spat wrote:
    i miss len berman! i've been out of the ny viewing area for a while now. so what happened to him if he wasn't fired or retired? or is it very hush hush. he's been with nbc for ages so its kinda strange.

I listen to wfan in the morning and a couple months back boomer and carton were talking about him being basically fired, and made it sound like it had more to do with how bad NBC was doing financially - which made sense to me, given how long he's been around, he must be making coin.

Spanning the world is great.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Ok wrote:
    spat wrote:

I listen to wfan in the morning and a couple months back boomer and carton were talking about him being basically fired, and made it sound like it had more to do with how bad NBC was doing financially - which made sense to me, given how long he's been around, he must be making coin.

Spanning the world is great.

WNBC didn't renew his contract. A lot of higher priced news people were let go in NYC over the past year. Len is a New York Institution and I miss his daily sports reporting. He never pulled punches and told it like it was in a very professional manner. Still does on his website.

As Don Pardo says......Tune in Next Time for "Spanning the World", If there Is a Next Time....
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    didn't they keep chuck and sue on though? to me they're as much of an institution of ny news as len is, i guess sports people aren't as much of a priority. too bad.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • spat wrote:

ya i agree, len berman was really good!
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    im lost... what does any of this have to do with PJ?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • yeah, i fail to see the relation to Pearl Jam...

but damn i miss Len, he was the reason i watched NBC news
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    yeah, i fail to see the relation to Pearl Jam...

but damn i miss Len, he was the reason i watched NBC news

He mentions Ed's Birthday.