PJ in Neurosurgery!

Bugs29Bugs29 Posts: 96
edited December 2009 in The Porch
As a med student I assist and/or observe many operations and sometimes the surgeons play backround music, usually classical. Last friday, I was in the OR at neurosurgery during a 10 hour operation, and as the operation began they turn on the radio and on comes the intro to 'Once'...they played the entire album and by the time 'Release' comes on they had already begun to remove part of tennis ball sized tumor in the frontal cortex.
.......if only PJ knew how far they made it...so funny!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I take my own C.D's of PJ to my Dentist who is happy to play them for me while they rip a tooth out or such.
    My Hair Dresser is also OK with playing my PJ whilst getting a two hour treatment.......
    I highly recomend doing anything painfull to PJ.....
    Or at any time for that matter. :D
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    haha

thats awesome!!
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    If I would be the patient I would wake up immediately :P
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Im having surgery in about 3 weeks and my iPod is def. going with me into my recovery room. Going to have to stay over night too, so PJ is going to get me through the long sleepless night.
    5/26/06 - Camden, NJ -- 10/31/09 - Phila, PA -- 10/21/13 - Phila, PA -- 10/22/13 - Phila, PA -- 04/28/16 - Phila, PA -- 04/29/16 - Phila, PA -- 09/14/22 - Camden, NJ
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    Im having surgery in about 3 weeks and my iPod is def. going with me into my recovery room. Going to have to stay over night too, so PJ is going to get me through the long sleepless night.

Hope all goes well for you!
    Enjoy PJ ;)
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Last spring break I was shadowing my Uncle at a hospital about 20 min. from my home, and I go into the OR to watch a pacemaker surgery, and just before they start, one of the technicians walks in with a mix cd, and starts playing it, but the first 4 songs are all Doors songs. During the surgery, we were all just talking music (well, to whatever extent that was safe)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I recall reading that MIchael J. Fox had them play Given to Fly, amongst other PJ songs I believe, while he was having brain surgery several years ago.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me