Backing up Your Bootlegs...

JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I'm actually beginning the process of "finishing" cataloging/backing up all of my Bootlegs on a hard drive...when you guys download the CD for back up, what program and format do you use to do it?
I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    anyone...lol...
  • EAC - Exact Audio Copy - it tells you if there are errors and you can save in FLAC, WAV or MP3
    ..and it is free!

Enjoy
    Good evening...
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Windows to just make Data DVDs.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Nero Burning Software is what you need to backup, baby! Backup data dvdrs, backup data cdrs. You don't need to extract those wav files from the flac to burn to audio CD. Just open a new audio CD window with Nero, drop those Flac files and BAM!!!! You got yourself an Audio CD. Ah yeah! 8-)

If you want to backup those silver audio CD's, this is what I do. Use EAC (Audio Exact Copy) software. Rip those silver cds to wav on your PC. Then using Flac Frontened, convert those .wav files to .flac files. Then back them up on HD, Data CDR or Data DVDR. Lots of choices.
    I'm looking to back them up with the highest quality file possible...size is no matter...I'm guessing FLAC or WAV is the way to go? I'm most likely putting them all on another seperate external hard drive as opposed to burning them to DVD...
  • I keep all my music on an external hard drive, but i still back it up onto DVD as a data disk. You can never have too many backups
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • I keep all my music on an external hard drive, but i still back it up onto DVD as a data disk. You can never have too many backups

I agree. Ya gotta have those DVD data discs around. If my house was on fire, my Pearl Jam back-up would probably be the first thing I'd grab.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    So would you recommend save them as a .WAV file on the External and FLAC on the DVD?
    JV130312 wrote:
    So would you recommend save them as a .WAV file on the External and FLAC on the DVD?

Either way. I backup alot of my non Pearl Jam Silver CD's via .wav to Data DVDR. I don't trade studio works. All the live stuff I have them backed up via Flac. So I can torrent, trade, b+p etc.. to friends & family.
  • LucanLucan Posts: 104
    Thanks for asking this, I've been hunting advice on backing up my music collection too.
    edited December 2009
    I have Nero 9 but am very ignorant when it comes to this stuff...what do I do to download in FLAC or Wav format? Could I just download the files via iTunes in .Wav format and encode them to FLAC via Flac Frontend?
    Post edited by JV130312 on
    JV130312 wrote:
    I have Nero 9 but am very ignorant when it comes to this stuff...what do I do to download in FLAC or Wav format?

for purely backing up just burn a data dvd like you would would anything else.
    Do you just drag and drop from the CD to the DVD burn and it will transfer as data? I want to save them as something better than an mp3.
    JV130312 wrote:
    Do you just drag and drop from the CD to the DVD burn and it will transfer as data? I want to save them as something better than an mp3.

heh yes, just go to the Data DVD option and then drag as many files as you want on until its full up (limit is 4.5gb on a normal blank DVD)

If your files are in FLAC/SHN then they wont turn into mp3 unless you get a program and convert them. Burning a Data DVD is sorta having an external hardrive....but its just 4.5gb on a disc.
  • Oh lord. I know nothing about this shit. Just replying in hopes of learning more. Next time you are in Seattle Demetrios I'll trade you a sweet steak dinner in exchange for some tutoring.
    Oh lord. I know nothing about this shit. Just replying in hopes of learning more. Next time you are in Seattle Demetrios I'll trade you a sweet steak dinner in exchange for some tutoring.

You got it! 8-)
    I just downloaded Flac Frontend and I keep getting a Runtime 75 Error when trying to encode a .wav file...I'm using Vista...anyone else have this problem in the past?