Got Some - Grrrr

DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I just had to start a thread on this as Im completely obsessed by Eds groan at the beginning of Got Some :lol::lol:

What I have noticed is that he does it at every show and the passion and sound varies all the time. Most of them are an aggressive 'Grrr' but Ive just listened to Christchurch for the first time and Ed sounds like something out of the Muppets :lol::lol: . It gets my vote as the funniest

Long live the Grrrrr :?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The first time I heard him do that on Conan, I thought there were technical problems and he was pissed about it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • jecicajecica Posts: 954
    ZiggyStar started a thread about this a while back. It is hard to hear on the CD, but when he does it at a show it makes me tingle :D
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • jecica wrote:
    ZiggyStar started a thread about this a while back. It is hard to hear on the CD, but when he does it at a show it makes me tingle :D

you changed your avatar........YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i think i ruined the grr for zig in auckland by grring AT her... but it sounds super fucking hot in the bootleg.
  • i like this Grrrr...we need it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ed growling at you ... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

a muppet tho .... no ...... not the image that pops into my mind when i hear it ;)

liam reminds me of a muppet .... animal 8-)
    impatience is a gift ........
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Haha

272 looksies and only 6 responses :? only 2.2% enjoy the growl?? :lol:

Actually Im upgrading the Christchurch one to Yoda not a muppet :shock:
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    DonJon wrote:
    What I have noticed is that he does it at every show and the passion and sound varies all the time. Most of them are an aggressive 'Grrr' but Ive just listened to Christchurch for the first time and Ed sounds like something out of the Muppets :lol::lol: . It gets my vote as the funniest

I was a bit disappointed with my growl in Sydney because Ed was sick........but he made up for it with Brisbane, Auckland and Christchurch. 8-)

Fuck I love Got Some live........never get sick of it!
    doompony wrote:
    i think i ruined the grr for zig in auckland by grring AT her... but it sounds super fucking hot in the bootleg.

We argghed at each other when he did it! hahaha So funny! :D
    Your thread is up up and awayyyy....into double figures now, DonJon!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

I was a bit disappointed with my growl in Sydney because Ed was sick........but he made up for it with Brisbane, Auckland and Christchurch. 8-)

Fuck I love Got Some live........never get sick of it!

Yeah Sydney was more of "Eeehhhhh' staccato style. Maybe he was just moving some phlegm off his throat in that one :? . Definitely the weakest of the tour.

He did it at every gig

You just watch people this Grr is gonna become legendary and you heard it here first. Maybe make a banner next tour just with 'Grrr' on it :lol:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Yeah I grrr'ed loudly in Kylies ear at Adelaide but it musta come out sounding like grinding metal coz she gave me a funny look :o:lol:
    DonJon wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Yeah I grrr'ed loudly in Kylies ear at Adelaide but it musta come out sounding like grinding metal coz she gave me a funny look :o:lol:

I wish you grrrrr'ed in my ear on tour! 8-);)
    DonJon wrote:
    Yeah Sydney was more of "Eeehhhhh' staccato style. Maybe he was just moving some phlegm off his throat in that one :? . Definitely the weakest of the tour.

He did it at every gig

You just watch people this Grr is gonna become legendary and you heard it here first. Maybe make a banner next tour just with 'Grrr' on it :lol:

Imagine if the only concert I did was Sydney and he fucked the arggghh --- right after I was talking about it in my thread for 12 fucking pages!? Would have been pissed off! But lucky for me I got to hear it another three times! Ahhhhh....memoriessssss!
    which arrrrrrggggh was your favourite?

(sayaucklandsayaucklandsayauckland)
  • this song live was all that and much more, so impressed.. feeling sad it's all over again

thanks brendan

wah
    hhhmmm ... any ggrrrrr accompanied by eyes closed and an extra lucid piece of imagination works for me ;)

but, if pressed i guess ill say out of the shows i was at the brissie grrrr shone a bit brighter ... chri had that little hic that sounded like he was about to break into brain of j's chorus
    auckland :(
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .......................
  • zenith wrote:
    hhhmmm ... any ggrrrrr accompanied by eyes closed and an extra lucid piece of imagination works for me ;)

I'll second this notion. ANY grrrr by Ed is awesome...I loved it in Perth...made my knees go all weak....
  • The best is Manchester....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD09PbfTjY0

:mrgreen:
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Stinkfoot wrote:

:lol: I was gonna mention Manchester!

Manc makes me giggle and the growl/argh/grr from London.. :oops: ;):mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I think Ed is the most skilled grrrer, grunter, yeller, moaner in the music business, I think there should be a special award designed, perhaps a gold plated Mr Snuggleton? :D
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    I just want to thank Ziggy Star for first bringing the 'Grrrrrr' to my attention.......don't think I noticed it until she mentioned it :shock: (shocking I know)......now I specifically look for it on every boot and find myself comparing them!
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • tony_the_tiger_frosties.jpg

Tony says "PPFFFTTTTTTTT.....that dirty little hippy tried to steal my trade mark grrrrr, but he'll never be able to do it like me!!!!!!!"

also "Ziggy...i know ya wanna rub my belly...then i'll frost your flakes.....love & xxx's...Tony T. Tiger"
  • Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,278
    got some is grrrrreat!
    danny d
  • jecicajecica Posts: 954
    jecica wrote:

you changed your avatar........YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Only to salute Holiday Lukinfan, it will go back after the new year.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • DonJon wrote:
    I just had to start a thread on this as Im completely obsessed by Eds groan at the beginning of Got Some :lol::lol:

I love it too! It seems different every time.