Please take a second and read this ...

5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
edited December 2009 in The Porch
http://www.wishuponahero.com/wishes/?id=477367

*******Caution ******Could be alittle graphic
About a month and a half ago I was diagnosed with a brain tumor (anaplastic astrocytoma), and I need to buy a chemo drug to live.

We found it because family and friends noticed my weird behavior. I also had lost my natural sense of optimism which made me think I was losing my mind.

After a Halloween visit to the emergency room, a surgeon successfully removed my tumor, and now I need to go through chemo and radiation.

My doctors want to treat me aggressively because I'm relatively young (44), and like most people, I have a lot to live for--a wife and two young sons.

But the insurance company won't pay for the $10,000 ($8,750 through FamilyMeds) chemo drug unless it comes back and get yet another step closer to death.

My boys would really like to have their Dada live and be with them for as many years as God will allow, and I and they would be very grateful for your support in helping me to fight cancer and live.

Thank you and love to all,

Rob.
This too shall pass.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    I'm going to bump this for my uncle. He is a very cool guy and took me to my first Pearl Jam show. Thanks
    This too shall pass.....
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    i kind of instantly closed the window when i saw those graphics.
    Brisk. wrote:
    I just edited my post to warn people. I guess its normal now for me to see the picture, with his scar. Thanks
    This too shall pass.....
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    5against1- wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    I just edited my post to warn people. I guess its normal now for me to see the picture, with his scar. Thanks

If you posted the text in the thread i would like to read it!
    Posted
    This too shall pass.....
  • you will see a lot more of these type of stories when the fucking government takes over health care and we move one step closer to being the U.S.S.A.

Much love for your Uncle...i hope he finds the strength to pull through!
    Thanks for reading.
    This too shall pass.....
  • you will see a lot more of these type of stories when the fucking government takes over health care and we move one step closer to being the U.S.S.A.

I dont think you get closer to the Russians, you get closer to the EU. Alot of countrys here got FREE healtcare including medecine, like Sweden where i live. Isnt the Obama healtcare a good thing, when all of the sitizens in US got free healtcare?

I feel sorry for you geting cancer, my dad got it too, but he got free medecine and free "radiation" to get rid of it. Hope you get the fondings and get healty.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

You have a shitty, discriminating health system in the USA.
    The best thing that could happen to this country is a reform, and Obama hopefully has the power to let it happen.
    And it has nothing to do with communism, this fear is so ridiulous.

Good luck to the thread starter!
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i'm all for a model like european countries, but the plan getting voted on was essentially written by the insurance companies, so we're fucked. even joe biden said it sucked.

anyway, best of luck to your uncle!
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • choop wrote:
    i'm all for a model like european countries, but the plan getting voted on was essentially written by the insurance companies, so we're fucked. even joe biden said it sucked.

if the government wants to step in then it should be in the way of pulling in the reins on these fucking scumbag doctors who wanna chrage you $600 dollars for 15min of their time, even if they don't have to do anything!! when in other countries the doctor charges you a much more realistic fee...THAT is why our healthcare system is fucked..GREED!!!!!!!..and like the dude above said...this bullshit system they are trying to sell us was written up by insurance companies...Obama isn't the answer to anything unless the question is..who can make America even worse than Bush.

to the OP...sorry dude....not trying to hi-jack your thread
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Thank you for sharing with us... it is really sad to see that health care system is such a mess here... my family is currently uninsured for the first time in 17 years.

I wish I could help out by donating...but the best i can do is to forward this website to friends/family who can afford to donate at least a little. I'm glad to see some donations going!

Until then, I wish we didn't have to worry so much about getting the treatments/care we need should something happen.

I see where U R Crazy Breed is coming from.... I voted for Obama but I am not happy with how things are turning out, especially with the health care "reform". I do not think Obama has as much power as we'd like to think he does... but he could have done better, I agree.

I wish the best for your Uncle, 5against1, and sending positive vibes & thoughts to you and your family!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • PA-RVMPA-RVM Posts: 158
    Bump
  • yataheyatahe Posts: 168
    I am so sorry this is happening to you. I hope you get the money you need and I pray that the bad cells would go away too. Miracles happen everyday.
    *KRISTAL*XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1434776887
    kristal_007@msn.com
    Afternoon bump for my uncle Rob
    This too shall pass.....
  • bump for a PJ friend
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

Go check out the Aussie or UK health systems before you start this rubbish.

Social medicine should be a right and provided by the government.

People should not be at the hands of scumbag insurance companies who (justifiably) have profit as their motive.

I hope your uncle pulls through, good luck and best wishes.
    Nightly bump for a good cause. Just donated $20.00

Go check out the Aussie or UK health systems before you start this rubbish.

Social medicine should be a right and provided by the government.

People should not be at the hands of scumbag insurance companies who (justifiably) have profit as their motive.

I hope your uncle pulls through, good luck and best wishes.

I have to put in my two cents and agree with the europeans/aussies posting and say that health care should be a social right rather than a commodity, just like education.

I am sorry to hear about your uncle. I do not have any money or else I would fork some other. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and everyone who has to go through this. I know, my dad was an uninsured diabetic, paying for treatment out of pocket until he qualified for medicare, it can be expensive.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
    Thanks everyone for all your support.
    This too shall pass.....
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Bump for your uncle, 5against1!

Please let me know if you feel uncomfortable with this post about the health care reform petition urging Obama and Reid not to compromise on the health care reform.... my family did not qualify for medicaid/medicare, even with the both of us not working.... he qualified for the full amount allowed for unemployment benefits and that exceeded their income guideline in order to qualify for medicare! :roll:

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/rei ... &rc=paste1

I also agree about other countries having better health care systems...I don't know why the hell we didn't follow them.... ah, captialism. forgot for a second.

anyway, sorry but i'm upset about the health care reform... cancer/diseases do run in my family and seeing my friends/family going through with outrage medical bills (I've personally gone through that in the past even with insurance coverage) - worse, getting denied.

That's what your uncle is going through too.... but again, if you feel uncomfortable with the politics, I will gladly delete most of this post and just bump this instead.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • My boys would really like to have their Dada live and be with them for as many years as God will allow, and I and they would be very grateful for your support in helping me to fight cancer and live.

this part really touched me...my father passed away of cancer when i was 16...i wish he could have lasted longer to see that i graduated highschool and now onto college...i wish he could be there for when i get married, have kids, grow up to be just like him, unfortunately that can't happen and it pains me to see other children, adolescents, even young adults go through the same thing...

i really wish i could do something about it, but being a college student in this economy really has me fiscally screwed...

good luck man, and i'm sure the man upstairs (whether he exists physically or metaphorically) will be there for you every step of the way

uh no....this thread isn't for this but this happens now BECAUSE of our current health system. Moving closer to the USSA as you put it would remove these tragedies altogether because insurance companies would not exist

educate yourself
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Bumping it up again
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    hope you feel well soon man.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    Don't know who has been following this, but in the last two days the donations have skyrocketed! Talk about a great Christmas gift. Great job to anyone who had donated anything they could.