Keep your good eye open PJ... on Central America

force-10force-10 Posts: 794
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Metallica will be performing 3 nights in Central America (Guatemala, Panama, and Costa Rica) next march. Tickets for these three historical events are practically gone. Sold out in Costa Rica in about 3 days. In Guatemala, the best ones are taken. Plus, in Puerto Rico it´s already sold out.

Pearl Jam tour management allegedly were contacted by Guatemalan concert promoters back in 2005-2006. No deals were made, obviously.

We all know where PJ stands regarding concert security and safety, for their fans and their own. It was this issue, I believe, in wich both parties could not come to an agreement. This, and the fact that PJ for sure insisted in bringing their own sound equipment, would increase costs, and in the end, ticket prices. Promoters just felt they could not mount such a gig without loosing money.

To each their own.

However, despite the hassle with the first promoter that contacted them, Metallica will leave the door open for other major rock acts in the region. Three shows is more than what I would have ever imagined for a rock band of such caliber to tour in C.A. Tickets are not cheap. In Guatemala, for example, tickets were worth US$ 200.00 ; 75.00 ; 35.00 ; or the highway.

The fans responded. In Guatemala alone, 45,000 <give or take 2,000> of them (with some help from our brothers from El Salvador and Honduras) will be the proof. There´s already word out that AC/DC will be the next rock act that will be booked next year, but this is not confirmed.

NOW, what was the first thing that came to my fanatic mind when I heard Metallica was coming to my country?

The possibility of having a PJ gig of our own, finally.

Jeff, Ed, Matt, Stone, Mike, and family. Pearl Jam: Please don´t just fly over us on your way to South America next time around.

I am sure there will be important changes in the minds of our promoters from now on.
IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    It could happen for us.

Backspacer is the perfect album for PJ to embark on new terretories. Not only that, but the way they have decided to promote it is another reason for promoters to be more willing to book them. My hopes are very high.
    Yep, this is a petition.
    Now that i saw the belfast tickets news, I wonder how many tickets TC would release for a show in ca. hmmm

Not that many TC members here.
    Well, I came out alive.

Almost full house in Guate. Full house in Costa Rica and Panama. Guatemala tickets were far more expensive, so many chose CR or panama.

This show was the rockmeter. Next confirmed shows: korn, megadeth, pod, wich are bands with wider audience here. All the goth metal and euro metal bands that are coming (and have come), I will not mention.

Guns N Roses is the next band to be confirmed. AC DC is the band a lot of folk are mentioning for the end of the year.

Thanks to the wider publicity that Pearl Jam have decided to give Backspacer, I have the feeling we will soon enjoy a gig of our own. Be it costa rica, el salvador, guatemala, panama. I don´t care. It will be a full house. I am almost sure. At least local promoters will be more rock friendly from now on.