The chosen Rock Band setlist voting process...really!?

edited December 2009 in The Porch
OK, so this is only like my third post, all tonight, as I never get on these things...but whatever...Just please know, whoever puts all their time into this site, etc., (Kat, Sea, etc), please understand this is not an empty complaint or etc, but criticism to whomever is in charge of this (the game ppl, or whoever)...

How on earth can the best way for PJ's real fans to vote for the setlist of a PJ edtion Rock Band be by taking simply the tally of which live tracks are played most on Rhapsody!?!? First, it just makes no sense, none at all...People who didn't hear each track, in a perfect world, would listen to each, thus each getting a vote. Then, perhaps, in the best case, go back to the best and click once more, making it only 2-1. Second, the dang widget/site, etc, for Rhap SUCKS, and every time you click on your choice, it scrolls down and chooses something else, thus giving the vote to the wrong track...there are more issues in voting this way.

I totally understand the idea and am SO thankful PJ rocks and it would totally make sense they want the fans to choose, all awesome and right in line with what I expect and admire from PJ and co. But, why not just send out a link, go to this site, pick fav choices by just selecting the one you vote for, chad, button, or rating-wise, and it be done??? Same number of choices, but rather than how many listens, because, as stated briefly above, it can be, and most likely will be, totally void of real votes, make it simple. A link to listen is great, but make the vote different so its accurate and true.

Not to mention, could it be any WORSE of choices for the BEST live performances of PJ's hits!?!?! Are you kidding me!? No Bonnaroo tracks?! One of the best versions of Corduroy was in 2008 at Bonnaroo...its like all the tracks chosen are lacking anything great or epic about the band's performances. Some are good, solid versions (granted I haven't sat to look at every single one, or etc, but many), so its fine, but why is everything seemingly from three tours only (maybe if its a technical reason, I get it)...but still, what about sentiment? What about Corduroy, not to harp on one song honestly, but what about that one in Va BEach in 2000, when Eddie changed the lyrics a little due to the aftermath in Denmark?! Sure, maybe not that one because the lyrics were changed, by one word or so, but you get my point. Just sayin'...the voting process really is the worst possible way to decide accurately which songs the fans want on the setlist for what will be an EPIC video game that the band is perfect for. :) Just my two cents. Hope it works out best however it goes, but still. Hope the point is taken in the honest, simply critical manner/tone intended. Because, again, I love just about everything the band and its people do. There are some amazing ideas and great taste, artistic minds, working in and around the band. Its RARE to have ANY complaints, so I stress the simple frustrating critique here. :) Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• So you were at Bonnaroo? Me too!

And yeah, I ran into the Rhapsody troubles you did as well. I was irritated. Then realized I didn't have rockband or the money to get rockband, so I said forget it.
  • No Yellow Ledbetter upsets me.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • How on earth can the best way for PJ's real fans to vote for the setlist of a PJ edtion Rock Band be by taking simply the tally of which live tracks are played most on Rhapsody!?!? First, it just makes no sense, none at all...People who didn't hear each track, in a perfect world, would listen to each, thus each getting a vote. Then, perhaps, in the best case, go back to the best and click once more, making it only 2-1. Second, the dang widget/site, etc, for Rhap SUCKS, and every time you click on your choice, it scrolls down and chooses something else, thus giving the vote to the wrong track...there are more issues in voting this way.

I'm guessing somebody in PJ management cut a deal with Rhapsody. Rhapsody probably saw it as a way to attract some more users to their crappy service. Probably earned PJ a small chunk of change in the process.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • jecicajecica Posts: 954
    thefin190 wrote:
    No Yellow Ledbetter upsets me.

If they did YL they would have to have the lyrics and we all know, no one was knows the lyrics.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)