Info on a new Pearl Jam Boxset

PearlJamsterPearlJamster Posts: 102
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Does anyone know when the next pearl jam boxset might come out. on the ten boxset it had the years 1990-1992 so I assume there has to be more to come any one know any word on it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Nothing on the horizon... :|
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    arq wrote:
    Nothing on the horizon... :|
    which sucks big time

i'm thinking the philly shows pushed the cd reissues back a few months to a year
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• And so let me get this straight, they are supposed to reissue the rest of the albums by end of 2011, and do a Philly special whatever (box set/dvd+cd) in the next 24 months? When I think of it like that, we might need to re-examine our expectations...
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Yeah, Unless they release the rest back to back but thats kinda not possible
  • And so let me get this straight, they are supposed to reissue the rest of the albums by end of 2011, and do a Philly special whatever (box set/dvd+cd) in the next 24 months? When I think of it like that, we might need to re-examine our expectations...

yeah i wouldnt expect anything soon, especially considering touring next year. my guess is the philly box comes first in jan or feb, and then next year we get the next reissue maybe oct or november.
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"

yeah i wouldnt expect anything soon, especially considering touring next year. my guess is the philly box comes first in jan or feb, and then next year we get the next reissue maybe oct or november.

So we're lookin at the Binaural giant box set by approximately 2015...Ill be 33.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

So we're lookin at the Binaural giant box set by approximately 2015...Ill be 33.

:lol: who knows when they will all get out, i dont even remember at this point if its confirmed that their will be a re-release for every album by a specific date, or if that was a rumor from an outside source
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
    And so let me get this straight, they are supposed to reissue the rest of the albums by end of 2011, and do a Philly special whatever (box set/dvd+cd) in the next 24 months? When I think of it like that, we might need to re-examine our expectations...

they can easily just release them all next year and parts of 2011. i'm sure pearl jam and 10c would have them finished by now and are just being stocked up at headquarters. i can't see pj and 10c still working on these. i wonder if this is why the 10c basically cleaned out the goods section with the got some sale.

• metsfan, are you implying there stocking the warehouse with No Code and Yield and Vitaology and Binaural box sets? Me walking through that place would be like Charlie walking into the chocolate factory...
    metsfan, are you implying there stocking the warehouse with No Code and Yield and Vitaology and Binaural box sets? Me walking through that place would be like Charlie walking into the chocolate factory...
    yes i am. i just can't see them still working on them seeing as how they have to take a mass order on each cd boxset from 10c members and ship em to stores world wide. it be nice for the 10c to give us some info instead of keeping it as a surprise and hyping them up.

• Right, if you've got it, flaunt it. 8-)
  • yeah i don't think they would be or have the time to constantly be working on boxsets, who knows that could be quite possible that they are done and kept away until a future date. I wish it would be a near future date though. :D
  • If you read the special Spin mag a lil bit ago they said in the article that a BUNCH of stuff was going to be coming out this new year (tho hopefully not a overload, as to not push any new fans away, but I trust the band at this point, never disappointed, like I'd care, bring it ALL on!). I'm guessing Philly box (hopefully ALL on dvd and not just the typical mixed bag like Touring Band 2000, but wishful), and then the reissues, but also they wrote that Rock Band was coming out, too, in 2010, like the Beatles, a PJ edition, which would be flat out amazing. I honestly rarely get on the forum front, so who knows if this is a topic elsewhere, but lets let that sink in a bit...PJ Rock Band...oh the possibilities with that! There were a bunch of other things they mentioned, too, but I think Rock Band and the reissues were main points. I'm just dyin' to see what comes of Philly...really hoping its something ULTRA special (like I said before, ALL the shows on DVD). Who knows.
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan, are you implying there stocking the warehouse with No Code and Yield and Vitaology and Binaural box sets? Me walking through that place would be like Charlie walking into the chocolate factory...
    yes i am. i just can't see them still working on them seeing as how they have to take a mass order on each cd boxset from 10c members and ship em to stores world wide. it be nice for the 10c to give us some info instead of keeping it as a surprise and hyping them up.

I believe it is Sony that pushed for, and is doing the re-releases, not 10Club. So I highly doubt there is a stock piling of anything.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Does anyone know when the next pearl jam boxset might come out. on the ten boxset it had the years 1990-1992 so I assume there has to be more to come any one know any word on it?

never assume anything with this band
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    And so let me get this straight, they are supposed to reissue the rest of the albums by end of 2011, and do a Philly special whatever (box set/dvd+cd) in the next 24 months? When I think of it like that, we might need to re-examine our expectations...

You're kidding, right? Let's take a look at what they did this year alone...
    1. Released the 10 boxset
    2. Ed toured solo
    3. Released a new album
    4. Played 32 shows on the west coast, east coast, and overseas
    And I'm probably missing some major accomplishments. Considering all that, 3-4 reissues a year doesn't sound too hard to swing. The Powers-That-Be are probably remastering a bunch all at the same time.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI

You're kidding, right? Let's take a look at what they did this year alone...
    1. Released the 10 boxset
    2. Ed toured solo
    3. Released a new album
    4. Played 32 shows on the west coast, east coast, and overseas
    And I'm probably missing some major accomplishments. Considering all that, 3-4 reissues a year doesn't sound too hard to swing. The Powers-That-Be are probably remastering a bunch all at the same time.

You don't think 3-4 reissues, semi-world tour, philly boots and perhaps a backspacer b-side EP isn't too hard to swing?! I hope youre right. The other thing I was thinking of last night was the time spent preparing the Ten reissue. If, as you suggested, they're doing 3-4 in 2010, there is absolutely no way they are working as hard fine tuning each re-release. Which is kindof a disappointing notion for me at least. I was hoping for a giant No Code and Binaural extravaganza.
  • Ever thought of putting a question mark at the end of your thread titles?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    ugh, some people actually need lessons on how to make threads titles..