Ed needs about 5 shows to get warmed up.

JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
edited December 2009 in The Porch
i am listening to the chicago and seattle shows from this year and he just wasnt Ed.. listening to Brisbane now, sounds MUCH better...I guess old age gets to all of us...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ed hasn't sounded like himself in 15 years..

>_>

<_<
  • I thought Calgary was great :)
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    you hear him LIVE in person though he sounds fucking amazing.. saw him in Atlanta this year and he kicked fucking ass.. on the boots, there is just something missing.. with that being said, he is better than pretty much everybody else out there
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    i agree with the live in person VS. boot. chicago one 09 boot don't do the show justice. but 06 auburn hill's does, maybe venue might have a little effect.hell it's all good though
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• JR86440 wrote:
    you hear him LIVE in person though he sounds fucking amazing.. saw him in Atlanta this year and he kicked fucking ass.. on the boots, there is just something missing.. with that being said, he is better than pretty much everybody else out there
    I agree. While you can understand his mumblings on the boot, you also realize that he mangled some of the lyrics, at least with the Seattle shows. They can make up for it by closing their 2010 tour in Seattle/Gorge.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Guess us Aussies got the best of Ed,the Melbourne show was oustanding!!!The boot is just as good,gave me goose bumps hearing it again......Ed got the flu in Sydney and still gave it his all on the night,got to give him credit for that!!!
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • I think you're being a little greedy. I was all at all the philly shows and Ed was on point. I'm a big fan of ESPN, and they have recently been playing live shows by Kings of Leon while going to break, and it sounds like their lead singer has someone taking razor blades to his throat. Ed is getting older, but he can still fucking rock. Don't take real rock for granted. Throughout his career Ed's vocals have been through many shows, albums, and who knows what else. Appreciate his vocals and be happy that singers like Mr. Vedder are still around.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    why? is his bathroom really cold?

oh.. shows. not showers. right.