Iron Man 2

mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
Who else is anxiously awaiting this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siQgD9qOhRs
Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Check - thought the first one was under-rated.
    http://twitter.com/DarthSpacegrass
    Maple Leaf Gardens - Sep 21 - Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28,29 1996 Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29 - Continental Arena - Sep 08 - MSG - Sep 10,11 1998 Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24,25 2000 MSG - Jun 25, 2008 United Center - Aug 23,24 - Philly Spectrum - October 28,31 2009 PruCenter - May 18 - MSG - May 20,21 2010
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    I really enjoyed the 1st one. I didn't really have any expectations going in except that the last few big-budget summer movies I'd been to were... shall we say... less than satisfying (looking at you Transformers 1) and I thought this might be in the same vein. As it turns out, the the worst part was the use of the overly obvious Black Sabbath song of the same name.

I'm really looking forward to #2. :)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    The same for me. Didn't expect much of the first one and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing this one too.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    first one was decent. not great, not terrible.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    I <3 RDJ !
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    havent seen the first one. scarlett johanson looks awesome in this one though
    www.myspace.com
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801

did u hear her yet on that new pete yorn song?? she's got a healthy set of lungs on her :lol:

scarlett-johansson.jpg

Trailer looks good
    CROJAM95 wrote:

did u hear her yet on that new pete yorn song?? she's got a healthy set of lungs on her :lol:

scarlett-johansson.jpg

Trailer looks good

shes awesome
    www.myspace.com
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Check - thought the first one was under-rated.
    Underrated? It was universally loved and made a ton of money. I'd hardly call that underrated. Can't wait for the new one.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    new Iron Man 2 Trailer!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwcYbo7pjto
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    I'm excited about War Machine, but I've got a feeling this one's going to be a let-down compared to the first.
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    mbangel10 wrote:
    Who else is anxiously awaiting this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siQgD9qOhRs
    cant wait to see this.Looks great
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    CROJAM95 wrote:

scarlett-johansson.jpg

Trailer looks good

shes awesome[/quot

After seeing this picture I have forgotten all about Iron Man. Gorgeous!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    CROJAM95 wrote:

scarlett-johansson.jpg

Trailer looks good
    I'm sorry - what were we talking about again?
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    CROJAM95 wrote:

scarlett-johansson.jpg

Trailer looks good
    I'm sorry - what were we talking about again?

we just finished reading "girl with a pearl earring" and watched the film adaptation in class the other day, which stars scarlett.

best. class. ever.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    CROJAM95 wrote:

scarlett-johansson.jpg

Trailer looks good

great.
    ...thanks a lot, can't get up from my desk at work now for about 20 minutes. :P :oops: :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • spencer958spencer958 Posts: 279
    War Machine, Black Widow and Nick Fury? This movie will be awesome.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    looks to me like they tried to do too much with this one... hopefully i'm wrong... but i just know how marvel likes to ruin a good thing with poorly considered fanfare

and whats with casting don cheadle?? great actor... dont get me wrong... he just doesnt have the build

all that said... I CANT WAIT
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    looks to me like they tried to do too much with this one... hopefully i'm wrong... but i just know how marvel likes to ruin a good thing with poorly considered fanfare

and whats with casting don cheadle?? great actor... dont get me wrong... he just doesnt have the build

Don Cheadle was the original choice, but due to his filming schedule they went with Terrance Howard (who was actually paid more than RDJ for IM1 due to Downey's Insurance costs). Howard then demanded a HUGE raise, and more money than RDJ again for the sequel. Marvel basically said, screw you, and went with their first choice instead. I really can't blame them for that. Also, RDJ's Insurance premium has gone down significantly for good behavior so he's getting paid actual movie star dollars for the sequel.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
    mbangel10 wrote:

Don Cheadle was the original choice, but due to his filming schedule they went with Terrance Howard (who was actually paid more than RDJ for IM1 due to Downey's Insurance costs). Howard then demanded a HUGE raise, and more money than RDJ again for the sequel. Marvel basically said, screw you, and went with their first choice instead. I really can't blame them for that. Also, RDJ's Insurance premium has gone down significantly for good behavior so he's getting paid actual movie star dollars for the sequel.
    ah... gotcha

I figured it was just hollywood "all black guys look the same" recasting

glad there was some logic behind it

guess it just got harder out there for a pimp

here's the first review...and it is terrible. says the only good thing about it is scarlett johanson. seeing her in that latex suit is the only reason im planning on seeing this one anyway though :mrgreen:

from the Hollywood Reporter:
    Iron Man 2 -- Film Review
    By Kirk Honeycutt, April 27, 2010 03:07 ET

Updated: 3:06 p.m. ET April 27, 2010

LOS ANGELES -- Well, that didn't take long. Everything fun and terrific about "Iron Man," a mere two years ago, has vanished with its sequel.

In its place, "Iron Man 2" has substituted noise, confusion, multiple villains, irrelevant stunts and misguided story lines. A film series that started out with critical and commercial success will have to settle for only the latter with this sequel; Robert Downey Jr.'s return as Tony Stark/Iron Man will assure that.

For a film riding a wave of unbridled achievement from its predecessor, "Iron Man 2" begins with a curious sense of panic. Characters talk at once. Hesitant story lines launch in all directions. The soundtrack and music clang away, but onscreen, little happens until a big set-piece at a Grand Prix race nearly 20 minutes into the movie.

Downey's Stark, the Howard Hughes-like creator of Iron Man's software and hardware and its embodiment when he dawns the flying iron suit, is suffering from megalomania and a blood-toxicity condition. These seem to be leading Stark into severe mental instability.

Other plot lines revolve around a congressional hearing and a nasty senator (Garry Shandling), a rival entrepreneur (Sam Rockwell), a dishy new assistant (Scarlett Johansson) as a rival to his Girl Friday (Gwyneth Paltrow), a demented Russian inventor (Mickey Rourke with tattoos splayed across his body), psychological issues involving Stark's late father, a sidekick (Don Cheadle) and the deterioration of Stark's corporation.

What is at stake here? The fate of the world? The emergence of a new superpower? No, it all seems to pivot around who will win a new Defense contract. Wow, there's an emotional grabber.

A new writer, actor Justin Theroux, must have "Cut to:" installed as a default in his screenwriting software. When in doubt, his script cuts to a new place -- Moscow, Monte Carlo, Malibu -- character or situation, not all of them credible or logical.

An actor as formidable as Samuel L. Jackson doesn't even show up until the movie feels like it's winding down. He wears an eye patch and an air of uncertainty. Who's he supposed to be? Oh, he's Johansson's real boss. Meanwhile, she struts through the film in various stages of dress and undress, which might be the best thing about "Iron Man 2" for its younger male fans.

What made the original film so, well, original, was the notion of a superhero as a conflicted individual with enough complexes and mental crises that saving the planet became a sort of stress-relief valve. Now he's borderline psychotic. Not that Downey has any qualms about tackling messed-up bad boys, but the film never makes clear whether he's just being Tony or really cracking up.

The CGI fight scenes quickly become tedious, their outcomes really never in doubt and the mechanics rather clunky. The sight of metal men smashing one another about without drawing any real blood is more reminiscent of the sandbox games of a child with his toys than any movie magic. That actually was true of the first movie as well, but one overlooked it because Tony's prickly personality so dominated the action. Here, Tony has to fight too many over-the-top characters for audience attention. He loses that battle.

Visual and CGI effects are the best and worst thing about "Iron Man 2." The film relies far too much on them. They catch one up in the action, but, unfortunately, nothing else does
    www.myspace.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,560
    CROJAM95 wrote:

scarlett-johansson.jpg

Trailer looks good

I love2.gif her.

But I don't like the soundtrack to this film. I was so excited to see this LOUD! The first film kicked ass. The 2nd one looks like it's gonna kick ass, yet again! But why lord, why is this film using rehashed old greatest hit tunes by AC/DC? :cry:
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Can't wait to see it. I won't get to catch it on opening night though- I'll be in Indy for Pearl Jam! 8-)
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    that review pretty much sums up my fears... damn

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Saw it yesterday. It's a bit cluttered as most reviews are saying, but it just doesn't matter because it's so much Goddam fun :D I loved every minute of it, and Scarlett has never looked hotter. Well worth seeing.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

nooooooo. dont listen to the reviews. i saw it this afternoon and despite tony stark being an arrogant SOB it was great. sad to see DJ AM in it. and scarlett johannson.. ..all i can say is.. CHICKS ROCK!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    and scarlett johannson.. ..all i can say is.. CHICKS ROCK!!!
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    www.myspace.com
  • cheech721cheech721 Posts: 46
    I bought my tickets yesterday... Is that bad?
    I know that I was born and I know that Ill die.
    The in between is mine. I am mine.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Saw it yesterday. It's a bit cluttered as most reviews are saying, but it just doesn't matter because it's so much Goddam fun :D I loved every minute of it, and Scarlett has never looked hotter. Well worth seeing.
    Agreed... but swap Scarlett for Robert Downey Jr... I love him :oops: and to paraphrase 'I want one' :D

They should make a million iron mans. I could see things that they could certainly iron out for the third one but it just made me more excited about the third one. Thought the soundtrack was UNDERused though :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    i am FINALLY going to watch the first iron man tonight. i bought it on the way home from work. planning on seeing 2 tomorrow.

i've just been waiting and waiting and waiting for it to be in rotation on hbo or showtime or even on demand but it never happened. i expected on demand to have it there like they did with the batman movies leading up to dark knight.

watch......i pay 13 bucks for it today and it's gonna be on tv tonight. i can pretty much guarantee this will happen..
    www.myspace.com