New tour - new album in 2010?

veddermanvedderman Posts: 801
edited December 2009 in The Porch
do you think that pearl jam is going to release those extra tracks from backspacer sessions as a new, short album similar to backspacer? mike told mtv in september that they had 17 to 20 ideas for, but only 11 finished onto the album. and quoting: "We still have other songs that are out there that are from this session that we may do something with in about six months," could this happen before the european tour? :) in this case this could be really a good chance to cut betterman and corduroy out of the setlists :D

for those who havent' read mike's interview for MTV in september: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/162190 ... _jam.jhtml
2000 Ljubljana
2006 Vienna, Zagreb
2007 Munich
2009 Berlin
2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
2019 EV Firenze
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vedderman wrote:
    in this case this could be really a good chance to cut betterman and corduroy out of the setlists :D

Why would you ever want that?! You must not have heard the Boston Night 1 2008 bootleg? Chills.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Not cut out. How about just reduced a little? Corduroy and Betterman are definitely overplayed.
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    PJ should be required to play Corduroy at every show as far as i'm concerned.
  • fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 371
    Rossum20 wrote:
    I 2nd that.
  • While it would be awesome if the EP happened, for some reason I just don't think it will. I hope I am wrong though.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    fsu2626 wrote:
    Rossum20 wrote:
    I 2nd that.
    3rd. Corduroy is the shit.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dig the song named after the funky material
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I kind of think they're gonna push Backspacer as hard as they can for as long as they can, especially since they are now independent. Maybe that's why we're not seeing any reissues of the old albums for now?

By the way, where are the Spectrum boots? :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Some unreleased tracks for the new year (live) would be a treat.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    demetrios wrote:
    Some unreleased tracks for the new year (live) would be a treat.
    +1
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I think Ed stated in another interview that they were thinking to hold back those new tracks for the next album... not sure where that interview was though... :|
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • fsu2626 wrote:
    Rossum20 wrote:
    I 2nd that.
    3rd. Corduroy is the shit.

not seeing/hearing corduroy at any show i see makes the show less than perfect for me.

corduroy is needed, it is one of the main ingredients for me.

and to not derail this thread...i'm sure new music and a new tour is coming for 2010. but id like to see some more shows with backspacer songs being played/highlited. its such a great cd.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I kind of think they're gonna push Backspacer as hard as they can for as long as they can, especially since they are now independent. Maybe that's why we're not seeing any reissues of the old albums for now?

By the way, where are the Spectrum boots? :lol:
    I think they'll push two more singles out of Backspacer.. it wouldn't be surprised if a new album was released next summer, giving them more music to push. Maybe they'll keep the ball rolling for a while. I think they're trying to make up for all that lost fame between No Code and Avocado. Even though Ed acts like he doesn't care, I'm sure he does. They should be proud of their catalog and they should be more popular. They are legends. :D
  • They're totally overplayed, and I skip them on almost every boot. BUT, when you're there? At the show? They KICK ASS.

Why would you ever want that?! You must not have heard the Boston Night 1 2008 bootleg? Chills.

Amazing to be there!
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t