How PJ can satisfy Atlanta...

outofreverseoutofreverse Posts: 3
edited December 2009 in The Porch
AFTER NOT PLAYING HERE IN ALMOST SEVEN YEARS!

It's simple. 3 night run at the Fabulous Fox Theater, a venue that will live in Pearl Jam infamy. It's a modest request, all things considered, and one that is quite doable I would think. As a "stranded" PJ fan here in the ATL, trust me when I tell you we need the band to put on this kind of run here.

Signed,

PJ fan living through the drought.
Waxin' and milkin'...all of ya'll squareheads...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Shouldn't this thred be how can Atlanta satisfy Pearl Jam after what happened there last year?
  • Shouldn't this thred be how can Atlanta satisfy Pearl Jam after what happened there last year?

What happened :?:
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/17/1998
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/18/2000
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 06/22/2003
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 05/07/2010
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Mathius wrote:
    Shouldn't this thred be how can Atlanta satisfy Pearl Jam after what happened there last year?

What happened :?:

I'd imagine they are referring to the whole assault and theft thing that happened to Jeff in Georgia. I used to live in Savannah... loved it but thats exactly why i left.. the crime!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594

It's simple. 3 night run at the Fabulous Fox Theater, a venue that will live in Pearl Jam infamy. It's a modest request, all things considered, and one that is quite doable I would think. As a "stranded" PJ fan here in the ATL, trust me when I tell you we need the band to put on this kind of run here.

Signed,

Do you understand the fact that people from all over the fucking WORLD will want a piece of that action. So, there is a good chance that you Atlanta folks might not even come close to the entrance of Fox. So, you better be wishing for "atlanta folks only" type of series of shows :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • A little off topic, but I figured a lot of Georgians will look at this thread. Can anyone give me an update about what's going to happen with the Georgia Theatre that burned in a fire a while back? Seems it was a legendary venue in its own right? Does anybody know about this? Will it be rebuilt?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
    edited December 2009
    this thread has me thinking about the Fox theatre show I went to in 1994. New shows there would be great. Though I fear this thread will be locked soon....
    Post edited by theboxerorthebag on
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Signed,

Do you understand the fact that people from all over the fucking WORLD will want a piece of that action. So, there is a good chance that you Atlanta folks might not even come close to the entrance of Fox. So, you better be wishing for "atlanta folks only" type of series of shows :D
    good call- if they play atlanta, I would hope that they play a big enough venue so that everyone that wanted to go could get tickets
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • A little off topic, but I figured a lot of Georgians will look at this thread. Can anyone give me an update about what's going to happen with the Georgia Theatre that burned in a fire a while back? Seems it was a legendary venue in its own right? Does anybody know about this? Will it be rebuilt?

The inside of the theater burned, but the rest stayed intact. AFAIK, plans for renovation are already in progress. Its definitely one of the big highlights of downtown Athens.
    Jtboomer2 wrote:
    A little off topic, but I figured a lot of Georgians will look at this thread. Can anyone give me an update about what's going to happen with the Georgia Theatre that burned in a fire a while back? Seems it was a legendary venue in its own right? Does anybody know about this? Will it be rebuilt?

The inside of the theater burned, but the rest stayed intact. AFAIK, plans for renovation are already in progress. Its definitely one of the big highlights of downtown Athens.
    when was the fire? How did it happen?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• The fire was in June. Not sure how it happened. Very historic venue. REM filmed some music videos there in the 80's. The Derek Trucks Band has an amazing live album from there.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • free souvenir stitches with every fan club ticket purchased! :lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • free souvenir stitches with every fan club ticket purchased! :lol:

That was low Snoopy. Low blow.
  • The Fox would be sweet! As would The Tabernacle or Chastain. But they would definitely have to play multiple shows for those venues (Im not complaining one bit if that happened). Between the 3 bigger venues (Phillips Arena, Gwinnett Arena, and Verison Amp) Id prefer Verison. PJ come to ATLANTA!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    yes it need not be multiple shows here, multiple shows in the south would be nice for all, please come to Atlanta! just play whatever venue - just come play for us- we love you in the south too
  • pandora wrote:
    yes it need not be multiple shows here, multiple shows in the south would be nice for all, please come to Atlanta! just play whatever venue - just come play for us- we love you in the south too
    :mrgreen:
  • Bdog10Bdog10 Posts: 471
    As one who lives in Atlanta, I'd prefer this topic stay on page 1.
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
    The Fox would be sweet! As would The Tabernacle or Chastain. But they would definitely have to play multiple shows for those venues (Im not complaining one bit if that happened). Between the 3 bigger venues (Phillips Arena, Gwinnett Arena, and Verison Amp) Id prefer Verison. PJ come to ATLANTA!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    advice to residents of the deep south

start saving for a trip to NYC

:lol::lol::lol:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Get_Right wrote:

I'm already doing this, but I STILL think it'd be nice if they came down here too!! :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

I'm already doing this, but I STILL think it'd be nice if they came down here too!! :geek:

As in Tampa? Or anywhere in Fla. Id like to see a show in Miami, or close by...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    justam wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

As in Tampa? Or anywhere in Fla. Id like to see a show in Miami, or close by...
    any reason to go to Miami is a good one but especially Pearl Jam, that would be very cool.
    Hopefully we will see them in our neck of the woods -close enough for a road trip.
    If not I'll be going to The Big Easy. Its been many years before Katrina since we have been. That is one fun town full of great music and food. A nice aquarium and botanical gardens and a cute little zoo- small and park like.
    The trolley rides too a must to see the historic section. Wonder how that faired.
  • Dead Confederate just put out a live album that benefits rebuilding the Georgia Theatre http://www.dirtyammo.com/ Direct information on the rebuild here: http://www.georgiatheatre.com/

A little off topic, but I figured a lot of Georgians will look at this thread. Can anyone give me an update about what's going to happen with the Georgia Theatre that burned in a fire a while back? Seems it was a legendary venue in its own right? Does anybody know about this? Will it be rebuilt?
  • The first show I ever saw was Pearl Jam, 1994 at the Fox.... the rest is history.
    I've seen them at Lakewood and Philips Arena... saw Eddie solo at the Cobb Energy Centre.

I've always wanted a "Fan Club Only" show at the Fox. How about an opening night Fan Club only show at the Fox followed by 3 nights at either the Gwinnett Arena or Philips. Atlanta is a central hub for the south.

I saw them at the Fox in St. Louis on the VFC tour, and that was pretty awesome too.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Evensteven wrote:
    I've always wanted a "Fan Club Only" show at the Fox. How about an opening night Fan Club only show at the Fox followed by 3 nights at either the Gwinnett Arena or Philips. Atlanta is a central hub for the south.

I saw them at the Fox in St. Louis on the VFC tour, and that was pretty awesome too.

Great idea! But Verizon Amp or Chastain would be better!
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    +1 to that. You can include me in that list of people...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • If they come to "Atlanta" this year, it's a good bet it'll be at Verizon Ampi. in Alpharetta
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I hope they DO play in Atlanta this year.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • If they come to "Atlanta" this year, it's a good bet it'll be at Verizon Ampi. in Alpharetta

Doubt it but hope your right
    justam wrote:
    I hope they DO play in Atlanta this year.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com