Friends of Olivia Kehau Sullivan - your support please

Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Aloha

Little Kehau, a gorgeous young baby from Hawaii needs your support.

Kehau requires heart surgery in San Diego on February 4. She was born with a heart condition and has already had an operation to help her keep going and will need around four operations in her lifetime. Insurance will only cover so much of the cost.

Her parents Pancho and Haunani are facing huge medical bills.

Please join her Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Kehau-Sullivan/182872574919, offer words of support for her family and if you can, please donate. The fan page is in line with the organisation that has been established to help raise funds to assist in paying for Kehau’s medical expenses.

Could you also let all your facebook friends know and if possible post the link on your wall and facebook status update? Online mediums are a fantastic tool to raise awareness.

My mate Sean Davey, an exceptional photographer from Hawaii is also supporting the cause by donating proceeds from two limited edition photo's shot at the Eddie Aiku world famous surfing competition - read here http://seandavey.com/wordpress/featured/lets-help-out-kehau-sullivan-7251

Much love and aloha

Joni

For more information...

Surfer's rally to save a favourite son's daughter
In a region known for its pulsating adrenaline and knee jerk brutality, 36-year-old Pancho Sullivan has been an oasis of calm and rational thinking for two decades. He is a universally respected figure who over the years has spared kooks, blow-ins and locals from impulses they’d later regret. On September 1, 2009 his daughter Kehau Sullivan was born with a congenital heart defect that, if goes untreated, will be kill her. Medical costs are estimated to exceed US $750 000, of which Pancho’s insurance will cover three quarters. He cannot afford the rest without declaring bankruptcy and joining America’s welfare system. http://www.stabmag.com/jed/pancho-sullivan-daughter-fundraiser-kehau-sullivan/

A video message from Mick Fanning http://www.vimeo.com/8073333

We all know of Hawaiian pro surfer and all round legend Pancho Sullivan from when he was on tour. Sadly, Pancho’s daughter Kehau—the newest addition to the Sullivan Family—was born with a heart condition. Kehau has already had an operation to help her keep going and will need around four operations in her lifetime. Insurance will only cover so much of the cost.

Myles Padaca and his wife have organized a fundraiser on the North Shore which will go down on the December 5th at Breakers, kicking off at 6 p.m. If you can’t be there you can go to this website address, Friends-of-Kehau-Sullivan and make a donation to help Pancho and Haunani with the huge medical costs. There is also going to be an on-line board auction which all of the best surfers in the world have contributed to, so you could pick up a piece of memorabilia while helping out a beautiful family.

Pancho has always done so much to help out his community and others all over the world. If anyone ever needed a hand Pancho was always willing to oblige. So lets show our support and return the love. If you can’t get onto the Friends-of-Kehau-Sullivan site but you’d like to help out contact Myles Padaca on email at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:mylespadaca@gmail.com">mylespadaca@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.

Lets all pitch in and help this wonderful loving family so they can concentrate on getting little Kehau strong and healthy for a long and amazing life. Thanks for your time. –Mick Fanning
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    This is a great cause, thank you Joni for taking the time to show some support and try and help out this little girl.

Sending love and well wished to her family! I know it will all turn out fine!
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    very sad... but cool to see people pull together. ill def do what i can...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Very sad to hear something like this. :cry:
    My thought's & pray's are with you, Little Kehau!

*donation sent
  • Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
    D you are one of the most generous people I know..in every sense of the word.

Much love and aloha to you xxx
    demetrios wrote:
    Very sad to hear something like this. :cry:
    My thought's & pray's are with you, Little Kehau!

*donation sent
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Joni-Lee wrote:
    D you are one of the most generous people I know..in every sense of the word.

Much love and aloha to you xxx

Thanks! :)
    Happy Holiday's!

caroling.gif
  • Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
    Bump...