OT:looking for a simple mp3/music edit program

SeaTut73SeaTut73 Posts: 458
edited December 2009 in The Porch
not sure which section to post this, but anyway:
i just bought a new computer and the software i used to use for editing music to make compilation or live cd's won't work on it. the software is made by pinnacle and it called 'myMP3PRO' / 'Get it on CD'. It is a very simple program where you can edit files, boost the volume, cut parts of the song off, etc and then make a mix cd.

does anyone have any suggestions about a similiar program?

thanks in advance.
--a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
www.archive73.blogspot.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cool Edit Pro. It's a pretty easy program to figure out. I use it all the time. It costs a lot but i heard from this pirate that there were a few copies floating around by the bay.
  • I use x-act on mac, very easy for what you're looking for.
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    SeaTut73 wrote:
    not sure which section to post this, but anyway:
    i just bought a new computer and the software i used to use for editing music to make compilation or live cd's won't work on it. the software is made by pinnacle and it called 'myMP3PRO' / 'Get it on CD'. It is a very simple program where you can edit files, boost the volume, cut parts of the song off, etc and then make a mix cd.

does anyone have any suggestions about a similiar program?

thanks in advance.

will it not work on your new comp because of different OS ? there may be a way to run an older program on a newer machine, depending on what kind of system you have.

BTW - why do you want to chop songs up? PJ DJ ? :mrgreen:
  • madsunmadsun Posts: 114
    audacity
  • SeaTut73SeaTut73 Posts: 458
    still looking for an EASY to use program....basically i'm looking for one that allows you to make seamless live compilations of songs from different shows.
    i've been using pinnacle's "GET IT ON CD" program for the past 6 years or so, but my new computer isn't compatible with this old program. i've tried the ones people have sugested, as well as CAKEWALK, but none are as friendly and simple to use as "get it on cd".

is anyone familiar with this program and can suggest something similiar????
    PLEASE???

HANDSOME reward for anyone that can help me out!!! ;)

thanks in advance.
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • madsun wrote:
    audacity

+1
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    Wavepad works for me. I think it's still free.