Options

Thirteen years of Pearl Jam tour posters on display - Tacoma Public Library

2»

Comments

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    wolfbear wrote:
    I might have to go see this. :)
    Just go! it's basically in your backyard.

Wish I was closer.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Grace7Grace7 Posts: 53
    Who actually goes to the public library anymore..It's called the internet

....Why don't they just go on a book signing tour or something...I think this is lame....sorry

I think it is great they are doing their book launch in conjunction w/library exhibit.
    Would you feel differently if the exhibit was at an art gallery???

You can not do it all online.
    Can you?

peace
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    LongRd. wrote:
    Just go! it's basically in your backyard.

Wish I was closer.
    We definitely are! I had already posted in another thread. Wouldn't miss it being this close. Just not sure yet if we'll go for the opening/signing. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options

I LOVE LIBRARIES!!!!!
    Me TOOO! I could spend all day in them:D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Libraries kick ass!!!

Puget Sound residents....this is for us!! Come to T-Town and enjoy some PJ posters in the gallery.

Knew we'd see an enthusisactic reply from you, aNiMaL. What took you so long ? ;)

Yeah, I'm definitely putting the signing on my calendar. Where's a good place to eat?

(BTW, LOVE my local library --beautiful historic Carnegie building, two big ornate fireplaces, comfy armchairs, lots of local books and events and it's all free, free, FREE)
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Knew we'd see an enthusisactic reply from you, aNiMaL. What took you so long ? ;)

Yeah, I'm definitely putting the signing on my calendar. Where's a good place to eat?

(BTW, LOVE my local library --beautiful historic Carnegie building, two big ornate fireplaces, comfy armchairs, lots of local books and events and it's all free, free, FREE)
    If you want good pizza, beers, drinks, or soft drinks, go to Puget Sound Pizza. For an Irish pub with traditional Irish fare try Paddy Coyne's. For drinks and typical American food, try MeConi's. There is also a great tequila bar called The Matador. There is also another great Irish pub called Doyle's Public House. Those are all close to the library in downtown Tacoma.
  • Options
    cool
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why its called The Present.
  • Options
    Should be cool, this from a HUGE Klausen fan. Not fan of alot of Ames Bros. but hell, get my book signed. Hell maybe Jeff will stop by?
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    Should be cool, this from a HUGE Klausen fan. Not fan of alot of Ames Bros. but hell, get my book signed. Hell maybe Jeff will stop by?
    How did this go last night? Did you or anyone go for the book signing? I couldn't make it last night as we were having our department Christmas party. But, I do plan on getting there to check the gallery display out very soon!
  • Options
    melpumelpu Posts: 44
    I do love libraries and thousands of people definitely still go to them --especially when economic times get tough -- but none of the ones I know would host something this cool. Kudos to Tacoma Public!
    "We feel like we could play just about anything, and you fuckers would know it."
    EV

"Hey, it’s not like we come into your house demanding bacon and eggs... what I’m saying is, if you offered us pancakes, we’d eat pancakes."
    EV
  • Options
    Pictures, as promised: http://picasaweb.google.com/ledjam/Pear ... directlink

I just got home from there. Very cool to see a bunch of Pearl Jam posters hanging in the library.
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    How boring woundedorgan, living one's life through the internet. Yes, you can sit on the internet all your life and never go out. Or you can get out and visit places like art museums and libraries. If I lived in Tacoma I'd be very keen to go to the exhibition. Sounds like a cool idea to me. Hope it's a success.
  • Options
    odieodie Posts: 73
    I was just there last month and didn't know this!!!!! I had one night in Seattle before heading onto Hawaii!!! I would have for sure gone to see it, I was born and raised there and know exactly where it is at!!!! Call me a nerd but I love going to the library.... :geek:
    So how are we robbing this place?

No kidding! That was my first thought also....... well not for me but how many will disappear.

I hope that they end the show with as many as they started with!

Going to view all of the posters will be my present this year!
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    Tacoma is near Federal Way, Wa, which happens to be "my old hometown ." I moved to Seattle 10 years ago to get away from the boring suburbs. Tacoma is known for its museums and libraries. I think I should visit the Tacoma Museum of Glass someday. :D

Save the Planet
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    "Jamily Posters" are dumb.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Pictures, as promised: http://picasaweb.google.com/ledjam/Pear ... directlink

I just got home from there. Very cool to see a bunch of Pearl Jam posters hanging in the library.
    NICE PICS---thanks for sharing!! I hope they had some security there---someone might be temped to walk off with a few!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    I wish there were better pics of all these posters. Im using them as cover art for all the concerts Im uploading to my new Apple TV. The best ones I found were through Google Image search. These look cool anyhow.
    Tell the Captain the boats not safe were drowning, turns out he's the one making waves.

9/29/96~9/10/98~9/11/98~8/24/00~8/25/00~4/30/03~7/08/03~7/09/03~9/15/05~9/16/05~10/1/05~5/5/06~5/12/06~5/13/06~5/27/06~5/28/06~6/1/06~6/3/06~6~19/08~6/24/08~6/25/08~6/27/08~8/5/08~10/30/09~10/31/09~5/20/10~5/21/10