Pearl Jam will play on XXXDay at Jazz Fest

PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
edited December 2009 in The Porch
lets hear some educated guesses on what day PJ will play in Nawlins

when does the headliner usually play? for those of you who have been in the past ... how does it work?

and someone said that these shows are during the day? last time I saw pearl jam in the daylight was the experiment!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Usually the headline plays on Saturday and the last time i went Dave Matthews was headlining and they did play during the day. I have been over to the jazz fest a few times and it is great. It's only called the Jazz Fest because it is in New Orleans. There is so much more to it then jazz. My tickets are bought and hotel room reserved. I can't wait!!
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Probably Saturday night I'd say - the Neville Brothers close out the festival on Sunday, so PJ will probably get the Saturday night spot (May 1). From a timing standpoint, the headliner normally gets two hours in the early evening - 5pm-7pm. You can get a single day weekend pass right now that's good for any one day on one particular weekend, so you don't need to worry about buying a ticket and picking the wrong day - just get the $45 ticket for the second weekend, and show up on whatever day they're playing (or, better yet, get the entire weekend pass and rock the hell out for four days).

Like MakingWaves said, there's a LOT more to Jazz Fest than jazz - it's a very eclectic festival, there's really something for everyone. It's a hell of a good party, and I'm stoked that PJ is playing it next year - it's going to be freaking incredible!
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • XXX Day in New Orleans? That sounds kinda hawt...
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Does anyone know when they announce the actual schedule? I'm probably going to buy single day passes but without knowing what day PJ plays, it's kind of hard to make travel plans!!!
    "I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."
    KC, MO 7.3.98
    OKC 4.3.03
    KC, MO 5/2010
    EV- Memphis 6.20.09
    EV- Tulsa 11.18.12
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Jessie78 wrote:
    Does anyone know when they announce the actual schedule? I'm probably going to buy single day passes but without knowing what day PJ plays, it's kind of hard to make travel plans!!!
    apparently you can buy a one day ticket for the weekend and use it on whatever day that you want. But as far as hotel booking goes, yeah, I would like to know for sure what night they will be playing too
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    thanks everyone
    XXX Day in New Orleans? That sounds kinda hawt...

hahaha... that's in the champagne room everyday at Rick's Cabaret ;)

i figured that would get some attention ;)

another question

so this festival NEVER sells out right?

like the field is big enough for hundreds of thousands of people?