I can see the light coming through the clouds in rays..

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I gotta say it now, better loud than too late.

So cheesy, but so good.

Backspacer really hits the spot. Many don't realize it now, but too many classics on this album. Pearl Jam have a gift and I hope the keep riding this wave as long as they can.

I tried to listen to Binaural today. And then Riot Act. And then Yield.. but I kept getting only a few songs into each album before I wanted to put Backspacer back on.. there's something special about this album.. at least for me.

The honeymoon with Backspacer is far from over.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Backspacer really hits the spot. Many don't realize it now, but too many classics on this album. Pearl Jam have a gift and I hope the keep riding this wave as long as they can.

Its true. I think that just like Ten, Backspacer is an album without any skippable tracks. Even weak songs like Supersonic and Speed of Sound (although I enjoy that song) are listenable. I think overall Backspacer is an album that should be considered a classic 20 years from now. Its just too bad that "artists" like Lil Wayne or Green Day will reflect this time's music.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    thefin190 wrote:
    Backspacer really hits the spot. Many don't realize it now, but too many classics on this album. Pearl Jam have a gift and I hope the keep riding this wave as long as they can.

Its true. I think that just like Ten, Backspacer is an album without any skippable tracks. Even weak songs like Supersonic and Speed of Sound (although I enjoy that song) are listenable. I think overall Backspacer is an album that should be considered a classic 20 years from now. Its just too bad that "artists" like Lil Wayne or Green Day will reflect this time's music.
    It's really a feel good album.. the band seems to lack these. They have many passionate albums, but they're always fighting something. Backspacer just seems to accept what is going on and makes the best of it. In reality we can fight for what we believe in, but at some point we have to just live our lives. Backspacer is this break. I hope we get at least one more album like this before their career is over.
  • It is a seriously good album, couldn't agree with you more there.

but you can only get a few songs into riot act and yield before giving up?!? :D