Fleabass

savmansavman Posts: 230
edited March 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has played one of these new fleabasses?
I play guitar but am keen to learn bass and thought this looks like a cheap option to get in :D

Any reviews welcome....
Cheers

http://www.fleabass.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Haven't played one but have read a review of them in some magazine and they supposed to be pretty good for the price. That's pretty much all I can tell you. Personally, I don't like the design though. And I'm not even talking about the colors. I'm just not into the Musicman look very much.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    The Design isn't bad...Well the Body of it anyway!...I'm not into all the DIFFERENT 'Colours'...though!...Love the INTRO to the site! lol
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    Yeah the colours seem quirky but i dont mind that too much.

i guess I am more interested in the mechanics of the thing.
    I assume like a good guitar, the wood, pickups, pots etc are of paramount importance to a good bass.

I do like the price. I got a quote for £350 which is pretty good.
    :D
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    It's fucking brilliant for an entry level bass, but the colour schemes are horrible. The white on black is the only normal looking one. Basically a slightly redesigned Stingray style so it's good for most styles of playing. I haven't tried it at length but it seemed pretty darn good in the shop.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    I bought it. The black and white one! £400 Slightly over paid but i liked the sales guy.

Very happy with it. As you mention- great for an entry level bass. But still has a nice enough funky tone. Clearly modelled off of fleas tone and stingray.
    It loses a bit of punch due to it being passive. But i just figure i can turn up the amp :D

Anyway. Something different to play with, and i can now re-learn that back catalogue of Pearl Jam all over again! :D