Canadian Music Festivals Pearl Jam could do?

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Of course all of them, don't be ridiculous!
Just wondering! As June/July festival date's/show's belong to Europe '10.

Can think of Edgefest, Osheaga Music and Arts Festival, Virgin Festival.
Kinda prefer local Hockey Arena's over huge festival events.
There's one a few mile's apart here.

ps, festivals or no festivals .. please come back to Canada 2010, Pearl Jam!

D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    OOHHHH YEAHHH!!! 2010 Canadian summer tour
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Eddie mentioned something at the vancouver show this year that "we'll see you next year". I thinks this is a good sign
    Only dead fish go with the flow
  • Ottawa Bluesfest would be a dream for me, but alas...it's in July. A bust for next year. I'm not a fan of festivals in general, but I had an amazing time right in my own city this year. It's the first time I've been in town for the summer and it was quite the experience working all day, heading off to rock out in a field for six hours...and repeating it for 9 out of 12 consecutive days! Since it runs for 12 days straight and it's actually quite cheap to get a full festival pass, you can spend like 2 weeks listening to a LOT of decent music. AND because Ottawa's music community is kinda lackluster (the joke being we can hardly ever sell out a show!), you can easily get to the front row for just about anyone if you show up when doors open. This year I saw Ben Harper, Our Lady Peace and Drive-by Truckers from front row centre, without really trying too hard. Although there were some damn big crowds for the headliner each night last year!
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • jordan kjordan k Posts: 196
    How about another rock the bluff in Kelowna!

A guy can always dream lol
    Key Arena - Nov 05 2000, General Motors Place - May 30 2003, General Motors Place - Sep 02 2005, Canada Olympic Park - Aug 08 2009,Key Arena - Sep 22 2009, GM Place - Sep 25 2009, The O2 - Jun 22 2010, Odyssey Arena - Jun 23 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Scotiabank Saddledome - Sep 21, 2011, Rexall Place - Sep 23, 2011, Pacific Coliseum - Sep 25, 2011, Portland OR 11-29-2013, Spokane WA 11-30-2013, Vancouver BC 12-04-2013, Seattle WA 12-06-2013, Toronto ON 05-10-2016, Toronto ON 05-12-2016, Seattle WA 08-08-2018, Seattle 08-10-2018

EV Arlene Schnitzer Hall - July 14 2011, EV Benaroya Hall - July 16 2011

• BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    Most of the festivals in the Toronto area aren't really big enough for PJ to do (ie: they can't afford PJ), which probably explains why there were rumours a little while ago that the boys were touring Downsview Park in Toronto for a potential 2010 show. If there isn't a festival that's good enough for you to play in PJ's favourite Canadian city (sorry Vancouver :mrgreen: ), what do you do: you make your own festival! 8-)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Biggest new's we got here in NS is there's gonna be a huge Country Rockfest 2010 event @ the Halifax Common's, 2 night's of .. Country Music ..

SAVE US PEARL JAM!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!

SAVE US!!!
  • it's unfortunate that the travelling music festival model is dead. I guess it wasn't profitable. When Edgefest travelled, Summersault, those were awesome.

I'd prefer to see a full PJ set as opposed to a festival.

Winnipeg Summer 2010!!!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    Ottawa Bluesfest would be a dream for me, but alas...it's in July. A bust for next year. I'm not a fan of festivals in general, but I had an amazing time right in my own city this year. It's the first time I've been in town for the summer and it was quite the experience working all day, heading off to rock out in a field for six hours...and repeating it for 9 out of 12 consecutive days! Since it runs for 12 days straight and it's actually quite cheap to get a full festival pass, you can spend like 2 weeks listening to a LOT of decent music. AND because Ottawa's music community is kinda lackluster (the joke being we can hardly ever sell out a show!), you can easily get to the front row for just about anyone if you show up when doors open. This year I saw Ben Harper, Our Lady Peace and Drive-by Truckers from front row centre, without really trying too hard. Although there were some damn big crowds for the headliner each night last year!

Yeah, seeing as Bluefest is no longer strictly "Blues", PJ definitely could fit the bill as a headliner. KISS were the "big act" this summer . . . .

But as you say, it won't happen next summer (and I'd be VERY surprised if it EVER happened), but it would defo be amazing. Would finally give me a reason to go to Bluesfest . . . never bothered, but the acts seem to be getting better/bigger each year . . . maybe next summer I'll finally take the plunge? :)
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • What about Sarnia Bay Fest? Although I don't like the venu saw Aerosmith there a couple years back and vowed never to go again, except if it was PJ, of course!!
    Peace,
    List of music festivals in Canada: (Wikipedia)

Alianait Arts Festival in Iqaluit, Nunavut
    Burnaby Blues and Roots Festival in Burnaby, BC
    Capital Idea!
    Connect Music Festival (Canada) in Saskatchewan
    Eclipse Festival in Quebec
    Festival du Voyageur
    Folklorama
    Halifax Pop Explosion
    Jazz Winnipeg Festival
    Les FrancoFolies de Montréal
    Lilith Fair, a travelling festival
    Merritt Mountain Music Festival in Merritt, British Columbia
    Montreal International Jazz Festival
    Montreal's Just for Laughs Comedy Festival
    Mutek electronic music festival
    North by Northeast in Toronto
    Osheaga Festival in Montreal
    Ottawa Bluesfest in Ottawa
    Ottawa Chamber Music Festival in Ottawa
    Ottawa Folk Festival in Ottawa
    Ottawa International Animation Festival in Ottawa
    Ottawa International Jazz Festival in Ottawa
    Shambhala in the West Kootenay region of British Columbia
    Space Gathering in Quebec
    Vicotria Ska Festival in [[Victoria]
    Virgin Festival in Toronto and Vancouver
    Winnipeg Folk Festival
    Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival
    Winnipeg International Writers Festival
    Winnipeg Music Festival

There's lot's to choices there, Pearl Jam! ;)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    As more rumor's are coming that the south will feel some love & the east coast, before the band makes it's way straight up the coast, then fly to Europe, an email was passed along to Management @ the Halifax Metro Centre. Please let Halifax be the base of the last show of the East Coast of North America before the band fly's over to Europe in June! :)
  • nevmiles wrote:
    Ottawa Bluesfest would be a dream for me, but alas...it's in July. A bust for next year. I'm not a fan of festivals in general, but I had an amazing time right in my own city this year. It's the first time I've been in town for the summer and it was quite the experience working all day, heading off to rock out in a field for six hours...and repeating it for 9 out of 12 consecutive days! Since it runs for 12 days straight and it's actually quite cheap to get a full festival pass, you can spend like 2 weeks listening to a LOT of decent music. AND because Ottawa's music community is kinda lackluster (the joke being we can hardly ever sell out a show!), you can easily get to the front row for just about anyone if you show up when doors open. This year I saw Ben Harper, Our Lady Peace and Drive-by Truckers from front row centre, without really trying too hard. Although there were some damn big crowds for the headliner each night last year!

Yeah, seeing as Bluefest is no longer strictly "Blues", PJ definitely could fit the bill as a headliner. KISS were the "big act" this summer . . . .

But as you say, it won't happen next summer (and I'd be VERY surprised if it EVER happened), but it would defo be amazing. Would finally give me a reason to go to Bluesfest . . . never bothered, but the acts seem to be getting better/bigger each year . . . maybe next summer I'll finally take the plunge? :)

Oh, but it's so much fun! I was INCREDIBLY impressed with the entire experience last year, very well executed. And the festival pass is pretty cheap (I paid $240 for everything and went 9 out of 12 nights...so I paid under $30 per night that I actually went, and then gave away the tickets for nights that had no acts which interested me.)
    It's a nice set-up that they've made over at Lebreton Flats too, spreading out the 6 stages to reduce sound interference...although the night Sam Roberts played on the second stage, they ended half an hour late and probably fucked over Jackson Browne's sound on the main stage, but ah well, the crowd was bigger for Sam Roberts at that point in the evening. The Subway Stage, where Drive-by Truckers played (and more of the actual blues artists) is completely removed from the bustle of the two main stages and it really felt like I was out in the middle of the woods or something, surrounded by trees, right on the canal, beautiful sunset.
    They've got a pretty big local artist market made up of mostly Byward vendors, and a HUGE tent for good ol' Compact Music, my favourite little indie record store. Plus, they have all the best local snackfood there...The Works, Beavertails, a Hard Rock Cafe for bigger spenders, etc.
    Also, there were a handful of nights I went with no particular lineup in mind and I was introduced to dozens of fantastic artists I'd never listened to previously, including many of the blues acts. It's DEFINITELY an experience for any local music fan and I highly recommend that you check it out next year.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2