Where are the new lost dogs?!

Strangest GuyStrangest Guy Posts: 46
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Like the title says... what's with the lack of genuine b-sides with the last couple of albums. Have I just been totally dense and missed their existence (which wouldn't surprise me too much)? Not complaining or anything, i just loved the songs that didn't make the cut on other albums and would love to hear what missed out on being on Avocado and Backspacer!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Like the title says... what's with the lack of genuine b-sides with the last couple of albums. Have I just been totally dense and missed their existence (which wouldn't surprise me too much)? Not complaining or anything, i just loved the songs that didn't make the cut on other albums and would love to hear what missed out on being on Avocado and Backspacer!

You're not dense. There has been no b-sides on the singles from Avocado and Backspacer. Personally, if The Fixer was deemed good enough to be the single, I shudder to think what the songs that weren't good enough for the album sound like.

On a side-note, I wonder why none of the Binarual outtakes that were first released on Lost Dogs were released as b-sides of Nothing As It Seems or Light Years. I think Light Years/Sad would have been a great single because the subject matter is similar but the songs are completely different.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    edited December 2009
    well bands used to add b-sides to increase sales of the singles
    but since no one buys music anymore..................... ;)

they are just saving them up for the next record

I wish some interviewer would ask Ed bout the b-sides, ticket prices and concert announcements ;)
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,278
    i agree!
    danny d