Seeking my Grail: 2004 Showbox Poster

hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I have decided to go balls to the wall to try and get one of my holy grail posters. There are a few 98's that I would kill for but they are way out of my range in both cash and trade. However, I think the Showbox is a possibility. Who has one for trade or for a reasonable price? You can view my trade list here:

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/trades.php?id=473

Thanks and Happy Holidays
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just a heads up...One is about to sell on ebay in the next 10 hours. It's up to 115.00. :D
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    shhhh!!!

I have been watching that item for a week now and am going to get aggressive with it at about 9:45 tonight.... stop telling people!

:D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • whgarrett wrote:
    Just a heads up...One is about to sell on ebay in the next 10 hours. It's up to 115.00. :D

not too bad a price. hmmm...
    tempting but I won't bid against you :D
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    I have decided to go balls to the wall

blink.gif
    Lol....

I've been chasing after that poster for a little while now too... It's my all time favourite (with the exception of Pittsburgh 98... but who's got the money for that gem??)...

Anyway, good luck to you if you decide to bid... I've got some numbers I'm holding onto until later to throw out... bidding early just gives people the chance to outbid you :twisted:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • So did anyone here grab that one on ebay? Went higher than I expected. The last one went for $102 I think and earlier that day, $75.
    Not me... I pushed it to 165 then went on the ice to go play hockey... came back and had lost out...

tragic... I hope it went to a good home wherever it went...
  • Watch out for bootlegs of the '04 Showbox, they're floating around out there.

- Gil wants a gun?
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,202
    Fakes of this are my concern too. There's been a bunch of these on eBay recently, and they all start less than the original cost.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    maverick wrote:
    Fakes of this are my concern too. There's been a bunch of these on eBay recently, and they all start less than the original cost.

any clue in how to know distinguish one from the other?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • The telltale signs of the one I came across:
    1. No Klausen/printer identification going up the left margin
    2. White ring just under the band's name.
    bootko.jpg

- Where's the laugh track Chris???
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    JohnnyUtah wrote:
    The telltale signs of the one I came across:
    bootko.jpg

Great eye man!
    Thanks for the heads up. Will keep my eyes open.

Out of curiosity, know any others that are commonly faked? With market prices on posters down so much lately, I've been adding a lot to my collection the last little while (just recieved a copenhagen yesterday - have 3 more on the way in the mail and am watching a bunch on ebay)... just want to keep my eyes out for any potential knock-offs.
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,202
    '96 Ireland has been faked, trying to think of a few others to be wary of.

I've wanted to pick up the '96 Cork/Dublin for years but have been very wary of them...
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    JohnnyUtah wrote:
    The telltale signs of the one I came across:
    bootko.jpg

- Where's the laugh track Chris???

my respects! Thanks!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Bump. Still looking
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    bump
  • pigeonpigeon Posts: 26
    shep wrote:
    Not me... I pushed it to 165 then went on the ice to go play hockey... came back and had lost out...

I'm that SOB that bought the poster. I two have been wanting this for a while and decided it was time. It should be here tomarrow. I need one more poster (EASY STREET) and I have all that is holy to me. (thats what i tell myself anyway).
    pigeon wrote:
    shep wrote:

I'm that SOB that bought the poster. I two have been wanting this for a while and decided it was time. It should be here tomarrow. I need one more poster (EASY STREET) and I have all that is holy to me. (thats what i tell myself anyway).

damn you!!! If you ever want to get rid of it, let me know... and good luck with your last quest.

I had to let it go, I've bought too many the last month or so (Copenhagen 07, Manchester 09 A/P, Dusseldorf 07, Christchurch 09 A/P, 1 of the 3 California 03's (and have my eye on another of the series right now)) and should probably stop....

I'll go searching for some of my holy grail after Christmas - that showbox you stole from me :D comes to mind.... Also like to get my hands on a Borgota (red or pink) or (dare I dream) a pittsburgh '98... If anybody has either of those they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price let me know....
  • Pumps and a bump
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,968
    not interested in the "dented" one for $135 on EBeans?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16