No Code CD help

PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I am trying to find a new copy of No Code for my brother for Christmas (he likes to keep hard copies of CDs and his old copy was stolen). He would like one that included a set of the No Code polaroids.

Is there a way to tell if a CD includes the pictures? I have heard that Sony had reissued a value version that did not include them.

Also, is there a way to tell if a CD has been re-sealed and re-sold as new? I purchased a copy of No Code on Amazon and it seems a little suspect. It did not have the metallic seal on outside of the CD (do they still use this?) or the red No Code sticker on the outside of package.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have bought Cd's of Amazon too only to realize they were not new. Never buy off of the sellers on Amazon buy from the actual site. The sellers down below say their shit is new and it never is. I've bought cd's off the sellers at least 7 times and none were new now I buy directly from Amazon. The cd's are more money but at least they are new. Every No Code CD I have gotten the cards. Buy off the Pearl Jam site here The CD will be new of course and I guarantee you'll get the cards.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    I have bought Cd's of Amazon too only to realize they were not new. Never buy off of the sellers on Amazon buy from the actual site. The sellers down below say their shit is new and it never is. I've bought cd's off the sellers at least 7 times and none were new now I buy directly from Amazon. The cd's are more money but at least they are new. Every No Code CD I have gotten the cards. Buy off the Pearl Jam site here The CD will be new of course and I guarantee you'll get the cards.

Unfortunately, No Code is out of print so I cannot buy it from the 10C or from Amazon directly. I am stuck using ebay or people who sell through Amazon.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    I have bought Cd's of Amazon too only to realize they were not new. Never buy off of the sellers on Amazon buy from the actual site. The sellers down below say their shit is new and it never is. I've bought cd's off the sellers at least 7 times and none were new now I buy directly from Amazon. The cd's are more money but at least they are new. Every No Code CD I have gotten the cards. Buy off the Pearl Jam site here The CD will be new of course and I guarantee you'll get the cards.

Unfortunately, No Code is out of print so I cannot buy it from the 10C or from Amazon directly. I am stuck using ebay or people who sell through Amazon.

I've seen 'No Code' in Music Shops here! :)
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    It's available here in the UK music shops as well, though it is the "value" version rather than the one with the cards. Most importantly though, it has the right music on it!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    its available in Ireland too but the copy i have is a foldable cover with NO cards in it.....i think they only came when it was originally released in 96.
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    was just in bestbuy the other day and they had no code on the shelf.

take a look see at bestbuy.com
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    nutmeg81 wrote:
    its available in Ireland too but the copy i have is a foldable cover with NO cards in it.....i think they only came when it was originally released in 96.

Same here, think I bought it in 2002.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    was just in bestbuy the other day and they had no code on the shelf.

take a look see at bestbuy.com

I have not had any luck with the Best Buy stores in Chicago or at BestBuy.com
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I didn't realize No Code was out of print. Such a fantastic album too. Glad I have it on CD and LP.
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I didn't realize No Code was out of print. Such a fantastic album too. Glad I have it on CD and LP.

I don't understand why it is out of print. All of their other albums are still available.

I am still hoping to find get some insight as to how to know if a New Code CD is new and has the polaroids. Anyone know?
  • "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
    there's one with the cards with a buy it now of $10.77 on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/CD-PEARL-JAM-No-Cod ... 35a5002c5b

Thanks for the heads-up. My brother really wants a new copy but this may be a good plan B.

What does it mean when the CD is described as fold-out? Did only the fold-out copies in the US include cards?
  • PJ-Cubs wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up. My brother really wants a new copy but this may be a good plan B.

What does it mean when the CD is described as fold-out? Did only the fold-out copies in the US include cards?

Yes, and the final one listed is a brand new one for only $9...you can even see the red NO CODE on the plastic still....which is what you are looking for....
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    The new versions are really crappy. Not only do they not have the card but the album folds out into on continuous line of 4 pages as opposed to the original that folds out and makes a 2x2 square and the 'secret' pyramid picture thing. I'm surpised that such a rubbish version has been released by PJ - I can understand no more cards but ruining such a central part of the album artwork...
  • Plankton wrote:
    The new versions are really crappy. Not only do they not have the card but the album folds out into on continuous line of 4 pages as opposed to the original that folds out and makes a 2x2 square and the 'secret' pyramid picture thing. I'm surpised that such a rubbish version has been released by PJ - I can understand no more cards but ruining such a central part of the album artwork...

Agreed. Its like buying the CD for any Stones albums in the 70's. The LP artwork is the best. Sticky Fingers/Some girls
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Yes, and the final one listed is a brand new one for only $9...you can even see the red NO CODE on the plastic still....which is what you are looking for....

Thanks for catching that. The sticker in the photos should be confirmation that the CD is new and not re-sealed but I am still not sure if it is the fold-out version with the photos. I may try to find it in the local record stores (although not many are left near Chicago). If I find one, is there a way to tell by looking at the package to see if it fold-out with the photos?
  • I would simply e-mail the seller and ask them....it's a record shop, so they should know...just ask them if it's a 1996 version or a re-release
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • LucanLucan Posts: 104
    The polaroids/cards in No Code were issued randomly, yeah? I mean each copy didn't include the full 13 cards, but a selection of?

My sister has a copy with 8 or 9 cards, and when she moved out (with her record collection) I was forced to buy my own copy of No Code which came with 8 or 9 cards, many different to my sisters. I think between the pair of us we have all 13 cards.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    Lucan wrote:
    The polaroids/cards in No Code were issued randomly, yeah? I mean each copy didn't include the full 13 cards, but a selection of?

My sister has a copy with 8 or 9 cards, and when she moved out (with her record collection) I was forced to buy my own copy of No Code which came with 8 or 9 cards, many different to my sisters. I think between the pair of us we have all 13 cards.
    There are 4 sets of 9 cards (C, O, D and E).
  • LucanLucan Posts: 104
    bazzer wrote:
    There are 4 sets of 9 cards (C, O, D and E).

This I never knew. :shock: :oops:

Thanks, bazzer.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    me and my best mate at the time did swapsies with the polaroids so i have a messed up collection of Cs and Ds i think. i scored the ed eye pic though so boner. i have the untouched..whichever collection with my vinyl though.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    doompony wrote:
    me and my best mate at the time did swapsies with the polaroids so i have a messed up collection of Cs and Ds i think. i scored the ed eye pic though so boner. i have the untouched..whichever collection with my vinyl though.
    I think a lot of people probably did that before they realised what the deal was. I'm glad I didn't have to go out and buy 4 sets ;) These days I would for sure, how sad.

I actually just took out my beatiful big 12" polaroids the other night, I haven't looked at them in forever. I have O.
  • dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    does anyone else find it strange the neither no code nor yield are available in the goods section?

https://secure.pearljam.com/store/produ ... g?sku=6020

https://secure.pearljam.com/store/produ ... g?sku=6019

what gives?
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    dpmay wrote:
    does anyone else find it strange the neither no code nor yield are available in the goods section?

https://secure.pearljam.com/store/produ ... g?sku=6020

https://secure.pearljam.com/store/produ ... g?sku=6019

what gives?

My guess would be they are selling out of the original packaging so they can start selling a new, remastered edition. They did say that they were going to be re-releasing the catalog by 2011 so maybe this is a sign that this is close.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • I bought a No Code CD from the Tenclub in August which was the old version including the cards.
    Might have been one of the last ones they had.
  • http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/support. ... arch=Go%21

if your willing to pay for postage to where ever you are this shop has everything! we got a new copy of no code last week and it had the pictures in it my other half was stoked casue he didnt think they came with the pics anymore they have heaps of other stuff there too. they are much cheaper than other music stores
    Maybe, someday another child
    Won't feel as alone as she does

i swear i reconize your breath
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising
    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/support.aspx?post=1&results=10&q=pearl+jam+&source=title&bnSearch=Go!

if your willing to pay for postage to where ever you are this shop has everything! we got a new copy of no code last week and it had the pictures in it my other half was stoked casue he didnt think they came with the pics anymore they have heaps of other stuff there too. they are much cheaper than other music stores

Thanks for the link. That is a good price for the album and it is helpful to know that your copy included the photos.

I will contact the store to see how much it would cost to ship to Chicago. I am not sure it would make here in time for the holidays. I am also trying a few local CD shops but no luck yet.
  • PJ-Cubs wrote:
    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/support.aspx?post=1&results=10&q=pearl+jam+&source=title&bnSearch=Go!

Thanks for the link. That is a good price for the album and it is helpful to know that your copy included the photos.

I will contact the store to see how much it would cost to ship to Chicago. I am not sure it would make here in time for the holidays. I am also trying a few local CD shops but no luck yet.

no wuckers, ive just had another look at the cd and cover, if they are a reprint do they have the year of reprint on it? my copy only says 1996 on all the dates that i can find ????????????
    is that a silly question? :roll: i feel like a goose asking it!
    Maybe, someday another child
    Won't feel as alone as she does

i swear i reconize your breath
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?