2009 New Orleans Saints -

BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm not a Saints fan (I'm a longtime Steelers fan), but I'm shocked that no one has started a Saints thread over here. I live in an area that has a ton of Saints fans and if Alabama weren't doing so well this season, the Saints would be generating a lot more talk. I know they are indeed the talk of the town in Louisiana.

I don't see this team losing (unless they sit some players in Week 16). They appear to be playing on an entirely different level than the rest of the league and their team chemistry is the best I've ever seen from an NFL team.
United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    haha...yeah its kind of funny how an undefeated team goes 13 weeks without even getting an "official" thread.

they may win out. but i would not be shocked if some team other than them or the vikings comes out of the nfc.

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
  • lifetime Saints fan here. i would have started one, but i figured there were maybe 3 other people on the board from around here.

I can feel myself getting completely spoiled by how great this team is. Even Reggie Bush, who probably takes the most heat for being a bust, is more than ok by me.

i just hope we can stop ADrien Peterson when the time comes.
  • they may win out. but i would not be shocked if some team other than them or the vikings comes out of the nfc.

GO BIRDS!
    when you say birds, you mean the Cards, right? ;)
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    MrSmith wrote:
    i just hope we can stop ADrien Peterson when the time comes.

This will be deciding factor for the Saints this year. Since the Saints won't play the Vikings till the playoffs I think this will the NFC Championship game. I am still hoping my cinderella pats will get their shit together and maybe they will get another crack at the Saints in the big game.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • this thread almost jinxed them today!
    haha...yeah its kind of funny how an undefeated team goes 13 weeks without even getting an "official" thread.

they may win out. but i would not be shocked if some team other than them or the vikings comes out of the nfc.

GO BIRDS!

they peaked in the patriots game.

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
  • MrSmith wrote:
    this thread almost jinxed them today!

I figured that I had jinxed them as soon as created this thread! They'll still probably make some noise in the playoffs because the NFC isn't that strong this season.

what a bunch of frauds
    www.myspace.com
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I wait to week 16 to take them in a suicide pool and they lose at home to the Bucs who had two wins.
    I hope they never win another game in history of the NFL.
    I HATE this team so much now.

LOSERS.
    I wait to week 16 to take them in a suicide pool and they lose at home to the Bucs who had two wins.

LOSERS.

wow...that is rough. i know someone who took the colts yesterday too
    www.myspace.com
  • I wait to week 16 to take them in a suicide pool and they lose at home to the Bucs who had two wins.

LOSERS.

I lost in my fantasy league because the coach for the COLTS has no balls !!

Manning and Wayne and I had Ryan and White on my bench who would have won me the game !!

F the COLTS!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

LOSERS.

Manning and Wayne and I had Ryan and White on my bench who would have won me the game !!

F the COLTS!!

i had money on the colts. if you're not going to play them in the 2nd half....why play them at all? what's the point? at least everyone would have known going into the game. resting the starters is a joke anyway. they get 2 weeks off before their first playoff game anyway. that's plenty of time to rest. i hope they dont win a playoff game.
    www.myspace.com
  • spnoonespnoone Posts: 628
    after week 3, i got the saints at 16-1 to win it all. these last 2 weeks have me feeling considerably less confident. chicago better hold on tonight. i need that homefield advantage.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576

LOSERS.

F the COLTS!!

i had money on the colts. if you're not going to play them in the 2nd half....why play them at all? what's the point? at least everyone would have known going into the game. resting the starters is a joke anyway. they get 2 weeks off before their first playoff game anyway. that's plenty of time to rest. i hope they dont win a playoff game.

2 weeks. Actually it's counting last week and the bye week. That would be 3 weeks off. Looks like (hopefully) they will play the mighty Patriots and be so rusty that the famous 4th and 2 will be quickly forgotten after a decisive win over the rested Colts. This is why the Colts have only won 1 Superbowl this decade. This was Dungee's MO. Always rest the starters as soon as they clinch home field advantage and then get smoked in the first playoff game. Fuck em. I hope Brady teaches them how to win 4 SB's in a decade. Good Riddance Indy! :twisted:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    only 1 super bowl? you can knock the colts for a lot of things right now, only winning 1 super bowl this decade is not one of them though. everything else, i am with you though.
    www.myspace.com
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    Saints vs. Vikings. The Dome is going to be rocking tonight! If the Saints win this game and make it to Miami, the party will never stop in the Big Easy.

• BamaPJFan wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    this thread almost jinxed them today!

I figured that I had jinxed them as soon as created this thread! They'll still probably make some noise in the playoffs because the NFC isn't that strong this season.
    the Saints went 0-3 after this thread was created! now someone bumps it right before today's game! @$#@!%#
  • well nevermind! on to the Super Bowl!
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Yeah Super Bowl Champs!!!!

And amazing how you still hear about Manning bullshit!!! Doesn't matter we have the trophy!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • CONGRATS to you. Well well welll deserved. Besides any Giants victory that was by far my fav super bowl win.
    Brees is one of the more inspiring athletes i have ever seen.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    CONGRATS to you. Well well welll deserved. Besides any Giants victory that was by far my fav super bowl win.
    Brees is one of the more inspiring athletes i have ever seen.

He really is awesome! What would Breesus do?
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."