Fender Telecaster....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Any reason why Ed chooses this guitar over others?
Just curious...
Does it suit his sound/style?
He loves the look of it and the feel?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    I read an interview where Ed said it's because it's the instrument on which Syd Barrett composed 'Arnold Layne', and that Ed shared this fetish for stealing women's underwear from washing lines....

Does that help?

;)
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • it's because fender telecasters have pocket pussies in the back so you can fuck them while you're playing them on stage. Is this the kind of answer you're looking for? I'm going to assume you dont play guitar?
    Toledo '96, Cleveland '98, Columbus '00, Cleveland '03, Toledo '04
    Washington D.C. '04, London '05,Hamilton '05,Grand Rapids '06,
    Cleveland '06, Detroit '06,Pittsburgh '06,Cincinnati '06,Chicago '07
    NYC '08, NYC '08, Chicago '09, Chicago '09, ACL '09, Columbus 2010, Noblesville 2010, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010.
  • Teles are fun guitars. Not my first choice, but definitely have their own vibe. I wish my dad didn't sell his, cause sometimes, well, I wanna play me a tele!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • As a player, you only need three guitars

a telecaster

a stratocaster

a les paul

pair any of those with a good amp and you can nail any sound in your head (with practice, of course!)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • I'd take a Strat over a Tele any day, just more versatility.

I might be more inclined to go for a 335 over a Les Paul as well, depending on the day!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • ZidaneZidane Posts: 362
    As a player, you only need three guitars

a telecaster

a stratocaster

a les paul

pair any of those with a good amp and you can nail any sound in your head (with practice, of course!)

I would also add the Gibson SG to your list!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• I love the SG classic with p-90's, but as far as an SG standard, you can get all that tone out of a Les Paul
  • P-90s are sexy.
  • yup...I have a custom ordered ES-335 in wine red with 3 P-90's and a gold bigsby...yummy as yummy gets....
  • yup...I have a custom ordered ES-335 in wine red with 3 P-90's and a gold bigsby...yummy as yummy gets....
    Damn... The closest thing I have is an Epiphone Sheraton with two Duncan P-rails installed. Still a sexy guitar, and for under $1000 with the modifications, I can't complain at all! World class ass kicker!
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    I am absolutely in love with the Fender Telecaster... I find it to be incredibly versatile, possesses a great country twang, and is just a fun guitar to play. I own a Fender American Highway One Tele, Fender Mexican Strat, and Epiphone Black Beauty with three gold humbuckers, and my love for the other two is nowhere near that for the Tele.

Check out Roy Buchanan and tell me the Tele ain't got soul :D
    Roy Buchanan - The Messiah Will Come Again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On5372UztI0
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    Damn... The closest thing I have is an Epiphone Sheraton with two Duncan P-rails installed. Still a sexy guitar, and for under $1000 with the modifications, I can't complain at all! World class ass kicker!

A well set-up Epiphone can be a terrific guitar, make no mistake!

A well set-up Epiphone can be a terrific guitar, make no mistake!
    Honestly, I reach for that more than my American Strat. I'd LOVE someday to buy a cherry red 335 though!
  • original 62 SG with PAF's and sideways vibrola.....i want to reach out to ed (or mike, but he would kill it) to let one of them play it on some tour, and then auction it off or something. well, maybe not.
  • A well set-up Epiphone can be a terrific guitar, make no mistake!
    Honestly, I reach for that more than my American Strat. I'd LOVE someday to buy a cherry red 335 though

Just sell your blood plasma for three years, then you'll have the cash! :lol:
    (And I mean that as a dig on Gibson for charging so godamn much for their guitars!)
  • A well set-up Epiphone can be a terrific guitar, make no mistake!
    Honestly, I reach for that more than my American Strat. I'd LOVE someday to buy a cherry red 335 though

Just sell your blood plasma for three years, then you'll have the cash! :lol:
    (And I mean that as a dig on Gibson for charging so godamn much for their guitars!)
    For sure. Its my 'some day' guitar, along with a Gibson acoustic.