Seattle 1 Boots

thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I have been listening to the boots of the Seattle shows quite a bit, part of my perpetual problem of only listening to Pearl Jam for the past 2 and a half months (here if you're curious: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119402). Recently, I was listening to Even Flow from the first show (which was amazing), and I just noticed that with about 5:51 into the track, Eddie slips in "Oh Yea, Don't vote for Hutchinson!" I cracked up when I finally figured that out, not only because he talks about voting for Dow Constantine during the second encore, but because it seems like an Ed thing to do to discreetly slip something like that into a song.

Did anyone else notice this? Did anyone notice this at the show?
Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hahaha! I just went back and listened to it. Funny stuff! :lol:
  • Bump.

Pearl Jam:

Eddie Vedder Solo:
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    You know honestly, the Seattle PJ shows were ruined for me after Eddie bashed them in Canada so badly. I have all the boots from the three WA shows (including Clark County) and I have only listened to Seattle 2 to here SuperSonics song. But after Ed bad mouthed the Seattle shows, I have had a weird feeling about them and for some reason have had almost no desire to relive them.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    aNiMaL wrote:
    You know honestly, the Seattle PJ shows were ruined for me after Eddie bashed them in Canada so badly. I have all the boots from the three WA shows (including Clark County) and I have only listened to Seattle 2 to here SuperSonics song. But after Ed bad mouthed the Seattle shows, I have had a weird feeling about them and for some reason have had almost no desire to relive them.

why did ED 'Bad Mouth' the Seattle Shows?
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    i_lov_it wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

we weren't the best of all crowds,...

but, aNiMaL, going back to what you were saying, remember the "all it took was 4 phonecalls" comment? take the shows 1 bootleg at a time and i think you'll enjoy 'em,...

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aOtxR8Q ... re=related
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    100 Pacer wrote:
    i_lov_it wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

we weren't the best of all crowds,...

Oh Ok!...lol
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    I kinda always thought that Ed slipped in "yeah yeah, don't vote Republican" whenever they did Even Flow live... makes me laugh...I hope the next time they come to Canada he says "Don't vote Conservative!"

And bad mouthing the crowd from the show before is called playing to your audience...No need to worry....enjoy the Seattle boots!
    be philanthropic
  • Nice pick up. I'd listened to it 3-4 times and never noticed.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I kinda always thought that Ed slipped in "yeah yeah, don't vote Republican" whenever they did Even Flow live... makes me laugh...I hope the next time they come to Canada he says "Don't vote Conservative!"

And bad mouthing the crowd from the show before is called playing to your audience...No need to worry....enjoy the Seattle boots!

That's what I heard, is that Eddie usually does that sort of schtick.

I still hope that they decide to close out their 2010 show at the Gorge. I really want to do the whole camping out over night experience!

Pearl Jam:

Eddie Vedder Solo:
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    You know honestly, the Seattle PJ shows were ruined for me after Eddie bashed them in Canada so badly.

That's just part of Ed's shtick. Means nothing.
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    You know honestly, the Seattle PJ shows were ruined for me after Eddie bashed them in Canada so badly.

That's just part of Ed's shtick. Means nothing.

it wasn't a "come on...Seattle was better than this" "or you guys are better than last night" kind of statement.

He said something along the lines of if they move to vancouver, after 15 years they'll be a shitty crowd too
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • thefin190 wrote:
    I have been listening to the boots of the Seattle shows quite a bit, part of my perpetual problem of only listening to Pearl Jam for the past 2 and a half months (here if you're curious: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119402). Recently, I was listening to Even Flow from the first show (which was amazing), and I just noticed that with about 5:51 into the track, Eddie slips in "Oh Yea, Don't vote for Hutchinson!" I cracked up when I finally figured that out, not only because he talks about voting for Dow Constantine during the second encore, but because it seems like an Ed thing to do to discreetly slip something like that into a song.

Did anyone else notice this? Did anyone notice this at the show?

haha yeah i noticed that too, funny stuff!
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    I'll be checking that out real soon.

I loved the Seattle shows. Great time, great people. The place wasnt on its toes all night, but big deal.

I sure would hate to live in Seattle and have to think that Pearl Jam was just the old boring house band... ;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06