**Christmas 2009 - Cancelled!**

PJ SwedenPJ Sweden Posts: 855
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Christmas 2009 is officially cancelled, we will all celebrate this festive holiday in late June and early July 2010 instead. Benefits include, warmer weather and visit from Santa Claus (PJ) who will bring gifts (renditions of our favourite tunes) and the company of family and good friends (fans of Pearl Jam). Drawbacks may include: No spending money on "Decembergifts", they can wait.
Buy your loved ones gifts when they deserve it, not necessarily in December.

Australia and New Zealand is not included in this change of the way we will celebrate, since they have actually adopted this new way of celerating Christmas since mid November of this year. They celebrated in high spirit throughout their nations and report they would not have it any other way. As has become customary though they also report they consider Christmas every three years is not fair, however some people in New Zealand meanwhile report that their Christmas (their first in fact since 1998) was the best ever and will gladly celebrate in every November from now on.

As a lot of us so called Euros are aware of, during the trials over the last three years, Christmas may come at any time of the year, and most have embraced it fully.

Please spend your funds wisely over the next six months, not only for your personal feeling of economic security, but also to retain the ability to SEE YOUR FRIENDS in the coming holiday season, that begins June 22nd in and will conlcude the 10th of July of 2010.

Way in advance I wish you all a very merry Christmas 2010 - I´m Gonna See My Friends

Cheers - See you all at Christmas
Stockholm 1992-06-25
Stockholm 2000-06-28
Boston 2004-09-28
Arnhem 2006-08-29
Berlin 2006-09-23
Copenhagen 2007-06-26
Dublin 2010-06-22
Berlin 2010-06-30
Copenhagen 2012-07-10
Stockholm 2012-07-07
Stockholm 2014-06-28
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Aaron 23Aaron 23 Posts: 543
    I thought Christmas ALWAYS came around June-July?

Figured that's why my Christmas single always showed up around then...
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,030
    Funny you say that as PJ are playing London on the 25/6/10, six months to the day that christmas formally known as was on. I will take down the tree asap. Thanks for the heads up. You will be able to see me wearing my Santa hat.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • Very good of you to so easily conform to this new way of celebrating! Christmas trees and hats belong in June as we now all know!
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • whats Christmas??? :shock:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Christmas never get's cancelled. Happens every day of the year here! 8-)
  • Jocke wrote:
    Christmas 2009 is officially cancelled, we will all celebrate this festive holiday in late June and early July 2010 instead. Benefits include, warmer weather and visit from Santa Claus (PJ) who will bring gifts (renditions of our favourite tunes) and the company of family and good friends (fans of Pearl Jam). Drawbacks may include: No spending money on "Decembergifts", they can wait.

Australia and New Zealand is not included in this change of the way we will celebrate, since they have actually adopted this new way of celerating Christmas since mid November of this year. They celebrated in high spirit throughout their nations and report they would not have it any other way. As has become customary though they also report they consider Christmas every three years is not fair, however some people in New Zealand meanwhile report that their Christmas (their first in fact since 1998) was the best ever and will gladly celebrate in every November from now on.

As a lot of us so called Euros are aware of, during the trials over the last three years, Christmas may come at any time of the year, and most have embraced it fully.

Please spend your funds wisely over the next six months, not only for your personal feeling of economic security, but also to retain the ability to SEE YOUR FRIENDS in the coming holiday season, that begins June 22nd in and will conlcude the 10th of July of 2010.

Way in advance I wish you all a very merry Christmas 2010 - I´m Gonna See My Friends

BEST POST REGARDING THIS TOUR EVER!!

Well written, many points well made and feckin' hilarious to boot!

I applaude you Jocke :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    :lol::clap: :thumbup: Awesome post indeed!

Merry Christmas to you too!!
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    Jocke wrote:

BEST POST REGARDING THIS TOUR EVER!!

Well written, many points well made and feckin' hilarious to boot!

I applaude you Jocke :mrgreen:

+1 :mrgreen:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    excellent post! someday we hope to be lucky enough to travel across the Atlantic to share in the european concert experience! merry, merry! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Thanks you guys, keep up the Christmas spirit, have to get some sleep now, work tomorrow. Some of your remarks makes it easy to do! And remember, we´ll see each other at Christmas! :D
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    Cool this gives me more time to do my shopping.