Options

Yamaha SBG2000 (1984)

GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
edited December 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anybody know a good place to find the going rate for one of these in good condition?

I'm looking to make an offer but don't know what they are running for. Beautiful guitar either way.

Thanks!
Jeff
“I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    eBay shows two of them sold in the last few weeks, one at $1299 and one at $1301. I'm no math major, but that looks like an average price of $1300. You can check these yourself by doing an Advanced Search and checking "Completed listings".

If you are in good with a guitar shop employee or perhaps a pawnbroker, you could ask for a bluebook value (heck, even if you don't know anybody that well, you can still ask).

Keep in mind condition, of course. The two that sold on eBay were in really good condition (the one, ebony, was damn near museum-quality; the other, a sunburst, had one chip in the top clearcoat). If it had normal wear and tear, it might only be $1100-1200, and with some abuse it might be $1000 or less. The finish usually has something to do with price, too; unfortunately, I don't know these guitars enough to tell you which finishes are more collectible.

With something like this, the question is 50% "How much is it worth TO YOU?" and 50% "How much could you get another one just like it for?" The second question is usually harder with rare pieces like this.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    muchos gracias!

Yeah, i'm seeing that range as well. Told him i'll give him $500 for it. We shall see :D
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”