US TOUR 2010?

parrotheadparrothead Posts: 101
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Please 10c make a US tour announcement ASAP :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• parrothead wrote:
    :!:
  • ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • I just hope wherever they play next year they play more outdoor venues. Im getting sick of Arenas...
  • Please dont until after christmas cuz thats when ill have money
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • I just hope wherever they play next year they play more outdoor venues. Im getting sick of Arenas...

i love arenas, the crowd interaction seems much better as everyone is closer and feeds off each other, rather in outdoor venues where the lawn people aren't seen and heard as much.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    I just hope wherever they play next year they play more outdoor venues. Im getting sick of Arenas...
    I'm the opposite. I prefer arenas and I would say that I generally dislike ampitheatres. I do like the odd outdoor show just for a little variety, but that's it.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC

i love arenas, the crowd interaction seems much better as everyone is closer and feeds off each other, rather in outdoor venues where the lawn people aren't seen and heard as much.

Sound quality is much better outdoors. No muffled effects. Who cares about the people on the lawn?!?!?! :mrgreen:
  • YES! We have a new thread du jour to bitch about no US tour announcement yet! The one from earlier in the week had lost its luster. Viva new thread!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Sound quality is much better outdoors. No muffled effects. Who cares about the people on the lawn?!?!?! :mrgreen:

This is true in some cases, but I can honestly say that the sound at the Molson Ampitheatre here in Toronto sucks unless you're in the centered sections.
    Sound quality is much better outdoors. No muffled effects. Who cares about the people on the lawn?!?!?! :mrgreen:

This is true in some cases, but I can honestly say that the sound at the Molson Ampitheatre here in Toronto sucks unless you're in the centered sections.
    The sound at the Moslon Ampitheatre is one of the worst of any venue I've seen PJ play at. And the sound is just one of the MANY problems with that venue. I hope PJ never plays there again.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    I just hope they don't do Festivals & alot of outdoor event's (GA admission) for 2010.
    I kinda hope they do something like the Canadian '05 tour again and play more hockey arena's.

And for 2010, hopefully they will bring back the live webcast thing.
    Though a live Pay Per View event would be mind blowing to see.
    (AKA Philly Night 4, last show @ the Spectrum). :|
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Well I just hope they play the South and Midwest in any kind of venue- that will mean road trips for us and multiple shows- yeah- it would be a great 2010
  • pandora wrote:
    Well I just hope they play the South and Midwest in any kind of venue- that will mean road trips for us and multiple shows- yeah- it would be a great 2010

KC and INDY havnet had a show since the Riot Act tour '03, and STL since Vote for Change '04.
    These towns could sure use a good dose of PJ right about now!
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• Pittttssbburgggggggghhhh
    I miss you alreddie.
  • Just do Albany, SPAC, Augusta Maine, Manchester NH, three at Fenway, a fan club only show at the Providence Civic Center, a Friday show at the Meadows and finish with 3 at MSG. There's your tour. 12 shows, 8 cities. Bang! Done. Everyone's happy, I don't have to drive that far. They want shorter tours...I got your short tour right here.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Nobody else thinks this is an AWESOME idea? Ah, well...
  • please come to Baltimore instead of dc. i hate dc
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
    please come to Baltimore instead of dc. i hate dc
    LOL, find me a person here that loves Baltimore (other than yourself) :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    LOL, find me a person here that loves Baltimore (other than yourself) :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Baltimore is a good time, but they should play Merriweather instead of Nissan Pavilion or Verizon center.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Nobody else thinks this is an AWESOME idea? Ah, well...

It's great. But where's Halifax & Moncton in this picture? :|
  • BeerBaron wrote:

Baltimore is a good time, but they should play Merriweather instead of Nissan Pavilion or Verizon center.
    that would be so f@#*ing cool. and i never said i love Baltimore. i just live here
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • parrothead wrote:

parrotheads are like deadheads, but with a sense of humour

it's all the same to me

boat drinks

waitress I need two more boat drinks
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Just do Albany, SPAC, Augusta Maine, Manchester NH, three at Fenway, a fan club only show at the Providence Civic Center, a Friday show at the Meadows and finish with 3 at MSG. There's your tour. 12 shows, 8 cities. Bang! Done. Everyone's happy, I don't have to drive that far. They want shorter tours...I got your short tour right here.

SPAC, SPAC, SPAC!!! 8-)

Oh, and that fan club only show, you mention also. ;)
  • nah....we still neeed pitttsburggghhhh
    I miss you alreddie.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    BeerBaron wrote:

The sound at the Moslon Ampitheatre is one of the worst of any venue I've seen PJ play at. And the sound is just one of the MANY problems with that venue. I hope PJ never plays there again.
    I've been saying this for years... the Molson Amphitheatre is Toronto's worst venue. Terrible location, terrible access, only expensive parking, terrible sound, expensive beverages. Here's hoping rather than a show at the Amphitheatre, they give us four nights at Massey Hall :mrgreen:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs wrote:
    Here's hoping rather than a show at the Amphitheatre, they give us four nights at Massey Hall :mrgreen:

4 Night's @ Massey Hall? :shock: After a night 2 Pearl Jam show there, that place would shatter & clapse to pieces man!
    benjs wrote:
    I've been saying this for years... the Molson Amphitheatre is Toronto's worst venue. Terrible location, terrible access, only expensive parking, terrible sound, expensive beverages. Here's hoping rather than a show at the Amphitheatre, they give us four nights at Massey Hall :mrgreen:
    It takes me longer to get out of the venue through the ONE EXIT after the show then it does to drive all the way home from a show in Buffalo. If given the choice, I would take a show at the HSBC over a Toronto show at the Ampitheatre.