till now... i had already forgot about backspacer

just davejust dave Posts: 260
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Been about a month and a half since i listened to the album. This is unlike me, before i've listened to the albums months after the release date. Backspacer did not last long for me to memorize it. The album is too simple, not enough textures in the songs.

thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I just checked my ipod and I have listened to it 107 times :P

It just gets better and better.....
  • Is it out yet?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I don't listen to it that much either (most songs are much better on the boots). I only like a handful of songs.

Dave Matthews Band came out with an album earlier in the year and that gets more playtime than backspacer.
  • just dave wrote:
    Been about a month and a half since i listened to the album. This is unlike me, before i've listened to the albums months after the release date. Backspacer did not last long for me to memorize it. The album is too simple, not enough textures in the songs.

thoughts?

Not enough textures...? :shock:
    What textures are you talking about? The album is great.
    Perhaps you should listen to it again. ;)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i prefer live PJ to studio PJ.

i need Philly boots.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    i agree. haven't listened to it in over a month... I listened to Yield and Binaural for over a year b4 I got tired of them...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,813
    i'm still listening to it twice a day.
    I miss igotid88
  • Yeah I don't get it. I can't get enough. I listen to it constantly and play the entire album on Rock Band.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I love me some Backspacer.

I want to listen to it every day !!!! but I now make myself wait a few days inbetween spins.
    It makes each listen that much more fun !

I was on the road to burning myself out on it, which is hard for me to do with any pearl jam.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Backspacer is so optimistic compared to the other albums. I can see it being a favorite of mine for years to come.

It's not as serious as the other albums, but there's only so much anger, death, lost love, war songs you can listen to. They need more albums like Backspacer.
  • I just checked my ipod and I have listened to it 107 times :P

im with ya there ocean. and noone has complained about it any where i listen to it. i even had to get a copy for a friend of 23 years and 20 of them dissin our pj. he asked for a copy of it. he always gave each album a listen all the way through. ill give him that. but this album is the absolute 1st he has said get me a copy of that. so no i have not and will not forget about BS anytime soon or ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    a wise man investigates what a fool passes by

4/26/03 - pittsburgh
    4/28/03 - philly
    7/05/03 - camden
    7/12/03 - hershey
    5/28/06 - camden
    5/20/10 - msg
    5/21/10 - msg
    6/25/11 - upper darby - EV
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    I just checked my ipod and I have listened to it 107 times :P

im with ya there ocean. and noone has complained about it any where i listen to it. i even had to get a copy for a friend of 23 years and 20 of them dissin our pj. he asked for a copy of it. he always gave each album a listen all the way through. ill give him that. but this album is the absolute 1st he has said get me a copy of that. so no i have not and will not forget about BS anytime soon or ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Same here. love the album and can't stop lisening. Friends who don't like PJ are digging this album. It crossed over a bit for PJ, maybe that is why some don't like it.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,813
    I just checked my ipod and I have listened to it 107 times :P

tell him to buy a copy.
    I miss igotid88
  • just dave wrote:

thoughts?

I never listen to it either. Sometimes I try to because I want to like it...but I can't. But I've liked their previous 8 albums so I guess ya can't win them all.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I haven't listened to it since it was stolen out of my car.

:evil:
  • Disagree, I still listen to the album almost daily on my drive to work, love Backspacer.

Too bad for you I guess.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    It took me a MONTH after Buying it! to actually LISTEN to it...lol ;)
  • again im a once or twice a day person...i love the fact is shorter...could of added 30-45 seconds to the end of each track mick doing solo's to make it 40plus mins .but that would take away from the album.love it ..
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    BS is the weakest of my favorite albums of the year.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    BS is the weakest of my favorite albums of the year.

+1

Them Crooked Vultures was amazing.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    just dave wrote:

thoughts?

To tell you the truth, the same goes with me. I haven't heard listened to Backspacer since right before the Philly experience. There's too much live Pearl Jam material to listen to. Too much video goodies happening. I got knocked out with this huge asthma attack coming back from Philly which was life threating. My mind of playing the whole Backspacer record from start to finish wasn't there till today! :shock:
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    This is where I'm at with listens.
    Times Played - Title
    104 - GSMF
    109 - Got Some
    107 - The Fixer
    102 - Johnny Guitar
    95 - Just Breathe
    94 - Amongst the Waves
    92 - Unthought Known
    75 - Supersonic
    86 - Speed of Sound
    71 - Force of Nature
    66 - The End

This doesn't count a few spins of the cd and an mp3 player that died on me. I usually get a song or two in during short drives to places and then start over when I get back in the car because this album kicks off so brilliantly.

Love it. More please.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • HeavyHands wrote:
    Love it. More please.

AMEN