EV on Kennedy Center Honors 12-29?

LoveboatkarenLoveboatkaren Posts: 123
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I heard he was one of the people that will be there to honor Bruce or participate in a song...anyone else heard this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It happened a few days ago, but won't be broadcast until 12/29.

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html
    You will be no one's rival....

~Cincinnati, US Bank Arena - June 24, 2006~
    ~Chicago, United Center - Aug. 24, 2009~
    ~Columbus, Nationwide Arena - May 6, 2010~
    ~PJ20, Troy, WI, Alpine Valley - Sept. 3, 2011~
    ~PJ20, Troy, WI, Alpine Valley - Sept. 4, 2011~
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Sooo, where does it say Eddie contributed on a song? Also, where will it be aired on the 29th?
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • OGT92 wrote:
    Sooo, where does it say Eddie contributed on a song? Also, where will it be aired on the 29th?

CBS and he performed My City Of Ruins, it says it here now! :)
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Will this be on CBS?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    Will this be on CBS?

that or sportscenter.
    OGT92 wrote:

Thanks.
  • I think they normally edit the show down for TV, don't they? In which case, who knows which performances will make it to broadcast.
  • I think they normally edit the show down for TV, don't they? In which case, who knows which performances will make it to broadcast.

yep, and they will probably show the Sting performance, and Ethridge or Mellensuck and that girl singer from Sugarshit so I doubt they will show Ed or Ben Harper.The two worth watching will be the ones they don't show. :x
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    OGT92 wrote:

supposedly with a backup choir. :(
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    :: shivers ::

Bruce / Eddie .... Statetrooper flashbacks from Philly.... whoa.
    [sic] happens
  • yep, and they will probably show the Sting performance, and Ethridge or Mellensuck and that girl singer from Sugarshit so I doubt they will show Ed or Ben Harper.The two worth watching will be the ones they don't show. :x

says a 17 year old KID/CHILD...

• 17 year old KID/CHILD...

way to believe what you read :roll:
  • i still don't understand why Ed didn't do Kennedy Center Honors for Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend...i really didn't enjoy that rendition of Love Reign O'er Me...PJ shoulda done it...it was right around the time PJ started covering it too...i'm like "WHY ISN'T PJ DOING THIS!?!?!"
  • i still don't understand why Ed didn't do Kennedy Center Honors for Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend...i really didn't enjoy that rendition of Love Reign O'er Me...PJ shoulda done it...it was right around the time PJ started covering it too...i'm like "WHY ISN'T PJ DOING THIS!?!?!"

wanna hint

bush+smiling.jpg

wanna hint

bush+smiling.jpg

so? just because a person is in the white house doesn't provide an excuse to not honor someone completely different...especially if they are your idol(s)
  • It's possible he wasn't asked. The honoree doesn't choose the performers - in fact, they try to keep that a secret right up until the night of the show :) Sometimes the honoree has never met the performer.

yep, and they will probably show the Sting performance, and Ethridge or Mellensuck and that girl singer from Sugarshit so I doubt they will show Ed or Ben Harper.The two worth watching will be the ones they don't show. :x
    []
    I hate that chick from Sugarshit!
    I just checked the tv guide and saw the performers list, and EV wasn't mentioned. I hope they show his performance. I don't want to waste my time.