10 Club Ticket Issues European Tour 2010

asher7asher7 Posts: 85
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I've long been a fan of the 10C - It was because of them I managed to get standing tickets for PJ in london in august, a very difficult feat otherwise.

However, I've just bought 4 tickets for PJ in Hyde Park in June for a total of £218 from the LiveNation pre-sale, working out at £54.50 per ticket

A PJ ticket pair from the 10C costs £117 ($190), working out at £58.50 per ticket.

Why on earth would I want to pay an extra £4 per ticket, when I am limited to only two tickets, and know FOR CERTAIN that if I am unable to go for whatever reason I am out of pocket for the whole amount. What's more I would have to bring my driving license or ID to the gig because I have to pick up the tickets there. Surely the fact that they're not posting the tickets would make them cheaper??!

Is it simply to ensure early entry? Hard Rock Calling's a long day as it is so I doubt I'd even take up that offer, its not like if I come an hour or half an hour later that I won't be able to get a good spot.

Sort it out 10C, you have had your uses in the past, but to me, at the moment, you seem entirely redundant.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• work fine for me couse ill be with friend..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    The whole 10c ticket price vs standard ticket price is done to death everytime there's a tour on sale. For a show the size of Hyde Park, unless you want to be at the very front row, it's not worth having the early entry because even if you get to the very front, a trip to the toilet or whatever and you'll never get your spot back anyway. The eqiuvalent of £2 extra per ticket for early entry does seem reasonable to me. A "service charge" of £6.00 on a ticket with face value of £47.50 does seem excessive though, whichever outlet you buy them from.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • i think the 10c ticket system works just fine. only thing i dont like is you can only buy tickets in pairs. i mean great if you are going with somebody but if you are not then you have to buy the extra ticket anyway :x
    28/10/96--29/10/96--29/5/00--30/5/00--3/6/00--4/6/00--6/6/00--25/8/06--27/8/06--13/6/07--18/6/07--11/8/09--13/8/09--15/8/09--17/8/09--18/8/09
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    pearl spam wrote:
    i think the 10c ticket system works just fine. only thing i dont like is you can only buy tickets in pairs. i mean great if you are going with somebody but if you are not then you have to buy the extra ticket anyway :x

Yeah, but the upside to this is that it means you need to come on here and find someone to buy your other ticket, meaning you get to meet another Pearl Jam fan that you otherwise may not have done.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • ilockyer wrote:
    pearl spam wrote:
    i think the 10c ticket system works just fine. only thing i dont like is you can only buy tickets in pairs. i mean great if you are going with somebody but if you are not then you have to buy the extra ticket anyway :x

Yeah, but the upside to this is that it means you need to come on here and find someone to buy your other ticket, meaning you get to meet another Pearl Jam fan that you otherwise may not have done.
    very good point :thumbup:
    28/10/96--29/10/96--29/5/00--30/5/00--3/6/00--4/6/00--6/6/00--25/8/06--27/8/06--13/6/07--18/6/07--11/8/09--13/8/09--15/8/09--17/8/09--18/8/09
  • ilockyer wrote:

nothing better than that..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    pearl spam wrote:

Yeah less then 4 hours from the GATES Opening(4:15pm) here in PERTH I was on My own lol...luckily a Phone Call and a Positive answer later! I managed NOT too waste over $120 lol :P