Dublin sold out?

1235»

Comments

• simmosimmo Posts: 32
    Took a day off work,ready to go at 5pm,same story as you guys.
    Thought that when i had them in my cart it was all good.
    Kept crashing out,but kept returning to the cart, tickets still there,then GONE :o
    Absolutely gutted.
    Worst thing is at 1900pm (England) i could buy a pair for Dublin on a scalpers site for £300. SCUM
    Good luck to the guys that got them,enjoy the craic.

Keep on rocking in the free world
  • Can't be sold out. I also took time off work to get ready, even had a backup laptop in case my PC died... and it's the website that messes up.
    I did Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London in August - no problem getting tickets. I only want to do Dublin and Belfast next June, I just find it hard to believe theyre sold out for 10c. I have Belfast at least. Still angry though.
    Dublin 00, Dublin 06, Madrid 07, Nijmegen 07, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, East Troy PJ20 11 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 12 (1 & 2), L.A. 13 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 14 (1 & 2), Milan 14, Vienna 14, Berlin 14, Stockholm 14, Oslo 14, Boston 16 (1 & 2), London 18 (1 & 2).
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,007
    what annoys me the most is why wasnt there a second show announced? dublin is the first day and they could easily put one on the day before. but would the same ticket problems start again. i didnt get within an arses roar of ticket. o2 bill phone 8 years and tenclub member 10 years. gas

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • gazgaz Posts: 233
    Wost part for me is I had them in my basket. I could see the fuckers right there! Then after the pay screen crashed they were gone. How do they just remove themselves? I can't think of anything I did to remove them.

:x

You have my sympathies. I was in exactly the same position as you, I suppose I got lucky. I nearly fucked the computer at the wall several times, especially when i had tix in my basket, then they vanished. Get on t/master Friday, you deserve to be at this gig!!
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • nutmeg81 wrote:
    joewalshdc wrote:

lets see if 10C try shut em down.

Yeah, fuckers should be shutdown.
    Dublin 00, Dublin 06, Madrid 07, Nijmegen 07, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, East Troy PJ20 11 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 12 (1 & 2), L.A. 13 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 14 (1 & 2), Milan 14, Vienna 14, Berlin 14, Stockholm 14, Oslo 14, Boston 16 (1 & 2), London 18 (1 & 2).
    im going to have to get them from ebay. two pricks are already selling them. i have no choice. wont have a chance friday morning. is it so hard to do things properly. the budget today has me feelimng worse!!!

• Someones takin the piss- just put my ipod on shuffle what came on?? only feckin "communication breakdown" Some good news (maybe) a friend of a friend works in the odssey and has said he can get us a few tickets. I'm gonna try and get as many as i can and i promise if i get any spare i'll let you guys know.
  • what i cant understand is that ALL 7 aus and nz shows went on sale at the SAME time for 10c presale...i had to do a seperate transaction for every show and there was not a single problem...There were thousands of 10clubbers at melbourne and sydney, the 10c queue was massive....how did the site not crash then....this has just been a total fuck up today....i had the same problem many of you had, i had them in my cart, they were there, i hit buy and it went blank...i emailed 10c about this....heres a quote direct from my 10C reply......
    you put them in your cart, at the same time someone else did the same and made it through checkout before you did. It also looks like you had more than 1 pair of tickets in your cart, the restriction is 1 pair, and the system wouldn’t let you check out until you updated your cart. This can happy in a clicking frenzy.
    There is a limited amount of tickets, and an extremely high demand.
    We are sorry, but Dublin and Belfast tickets are now sold out.
    10c

The reason there was more than one in my cart was It kept going blank every time i clicked on CHECKOUT....
    im totally bummed...
  • eboweddie wrote:
    im going to have to get them from ebay. two pricks are already selling them. i have no choice. wont have a chance friday morning. is it so hard to do things properly. the budget today has me feelimng worse!!!

I dont understand how anyone can sell 10c tickets on ebay....theyre very strict on the tickets being picked up with photo id...10c tickets wont be mailed out to you...
    WHERE IS THE SECOND SHOW GUYS!!! COME ON, IT CAN BE EASILY DONE.

• Even though I struck lucky for Dublin eventually, I still feel pretty bummed out by the whole thing. I was so close to giving up after 2:10hrs of stress, the wife was asking me to go and help with dinner, but I wouldn't leave the PC until it said "SOLD OUT". I lost count of the amount of times the BUY button appeared but then told me they were unavailable on the next screen. I had another window open refreshing my cart, which randomly out of nowhere suddenly showed I had a pair in there, when I seriously don't remember ever getting a "tickets added to cart" message or anything. Going through the checkout process was so nerve-wracking after reading peoples tales of woe on here, every time it stalled a bit I thought it had f*cked up. When the confirmation screen appeared I was almost too worked up to give a shite.

Behaving like a bit of brat as at least I have tickets, I know. I feel so gutted for all you guys who didn't get tickets, especially those who actually live in Ireland and then any Europeans. I think it's ridiculous this was again open worldwide... wouldn't suprise me if we have an invasion of yanks for these shows.

Good luck everyone for the general sale on Friday.
    im so gutted that ireland members didnt get looked after. it wouldnt have been that many tickets. fair play to yous that got the wily wonka golden tickets!!!! i will see yous all there. if i have to buy from ebay i will. best of luck for the ticketbastard sale.

• Whole thing is just fucked to be honest. Spent over 3 and a half hours trying to finalise my tickets and then they disappear. I'm not paying a tout if I can't get em through ticketmast on friday.
  • nutmeg81 wrote:
    joewalshdc wrote:

lets see if 10C try shut em down.

Yeah, fuckers should be shutdown.

To be fair that site was selling tickets yesterday so who knows where they come from?
  • gaz wrote:
    Wost part for me is I had them in my basket. I could see the fuckers right there! Then after the pay screen crashed they were gone. How do they just remove themselves? I can't think of anything I did to remove them.

You have my sympathies. I was in exactly the same position as you, I suppose I got lucky. I nearly fucked the computer at the wall several times, especially when i had tix in my basket, then they vanished. Get on t/master Friday, you deserve to be at this gig!!

Thanks Gaz. I will try Friday as I don't start work till later on so I have time but I know its going to be hell. There is a part of me that feels kinda better that i wasn't the only one who had issues even if that's a little sadistic. I do truly feel sorry for the irish guys who have missed out on this as us english fans had 2 shows this year with no problems getting tix.

Looking at that e-mail Joe was sent from Ten Club I think I know why my tickets were removed. At one point I must have had more than one pair of tickets in my cart and they must have all been removed. Its the only thing I can think of. Still seems unfair though as it wasn't intentional. I only need one!
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    gaz wrote:

Thanks Gaz. I will try Friday as I don't start work till later on so I have time but I know its going to be hell. There is a part of me that feels kinda better that i wasn't the only one who had issues even if that's a little sadistic. I do truly feel sorry for the irish guys who have missed out on this as us english fans had 2 shows this year with no problems getting tix.

Looking at that e-mail Joe was sent from Ten Club I think I know why my tickets were removed. At one point I must have had more than one pair of tickets in my cart and they must have all been removed. Its the only thing I can think of. Still seems unfair though as it wasn't intentional. I only need one!

Yeah but I got an error saying I couldn't add a set of tickets to my basket as there was already a set in it... I just think the whole system is piss poor...
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Feeling even more dissapointed now, having said that I cant agree with the idea that irish fans should have first preference. I, and many other europeans, have bought 10C tix to shows in the states thereby leaving someone from there without a ticket. Its just annoys me that the system cannot hold up, I seen people still buying tickets while I could get next to nowhere near the site. Over the course of 3 hours I got to the Step 2 of 3 screen multiple times only to be told the webpage has expired.

Anyhow, lets hope we can all get sorted friday, it mightn't be exactly what everyone wanted but at the end of the day, just to be in there will be enough for me (and some friends who are dying to hear PJ after my many years of preaching!!!)
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    It doesn't really matter how poor the system is, the number of people that miss out is still the same. Is it fair? Well, you might say it's more fair since it's kinda random who gets tickets rather than just the people with the fastest fingers/internet connections etc...

How would you like the system to work? If it worked flawlessly, tickets would just sell out even quicker, right?
  • Once upon a time I flew to NYC, rented an RV and drove a 2200 mile round trip to beautiful Tennessee to see this band along with a few other stops on the 08 tour.

But now that they are playing in a venue that is a meagre 50 minutes drive from my door, motorway the whole way and a convenient tunnel that takes me under the north of the city and finishes right beside the O2, this is gonna be the gig that''ll be a real saga to get to. A 2ND DUBLIN GIG is the way to go. Those of us the system screwed 1st time around are gonna be some seriously unlucky bastards if it does it a 2nd time.

That said I am abandoning technology briefly and going what cool fuckers call 'old school' on Friday morning, I haven't participated in early morning queueing since the invention of the ipod so it should be a breeze!
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    get out to q early ad '06 sold out in no time and even then a 2nd date wasnt added.

why only the states is there a doubling up of gigs in same venue??

i am still fuckin fuming over the fact that in a venue that only holds 8,500-10,000 people, 10-15% of which is set aside for 02 customers would the fanclub not make sure enough tix b put aside??

anyone in dublin try sound cellar on nassau street friday morning as they NEVER use t'master prints outs...they hve a set amount of physical tix in the shop.
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london