Germany 2010

mbraun5mbraun5 Posts: 4
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I'm a fan of the first hour and I would like to see the band again. Unfortunately I can not take me two days free and the ride ,the overnight, the ticket and whatever else accrues afford to Berlin. I think it's a shame that Pearl Jam, only occurs in eastern Germany and has not even come to the West (for example ISS Dome, Düsseldorf). I believe that it is similar to other fans and would like to see PJ schedules, perhaps in the future two appearances in Germany.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    What you mean you a fan of the first hour? :S

you complaining at the fact that PJ arn't playing west germany but east germany instead?
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I thought they took down the wall?
  • O.M.G. thank God the wall is down...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    mbraun5 wrote:
    I think it's a shame that Pearl Jam, only occurs in eastern Germany and has not even come to the West (for example ISS Dome, Düsseldorf). I believe that it is similar to other fans and would like to see PJ schedules, perhaps in the future two appearances in Germany.
    When you say "fan of the hour" you must mean it literally because if you were a fan in 2007 you would have been able to see Pearl Jam at that very venue in Dusseldorf...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Brisk. wrote:

you complaining at the fact that PJ arn't playing west germany but east germany instead?

I'm a Pearl Jam fan since 1991 and it is too expensive for me to travel to Berlin.
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    mbraun5 wrote:
    I think it's a shame that Pearl Jam, only occurs in eastern Germany and has not even come to the West (for example ISS Dome, Düsseldorf). I believe that it is similar to other fans and would like to see PJ schedules, perhaps in the future two appearances in Germany.
    When you say "fan of the hour" you must mean it literally because if you were a fan in 2007 you would have been able to see Pearl Jam at that very venue in Dusseldorf...

I was in Dusseldorf and it was the best concert of my life.
    mbraun5 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I'm a Pearl Jam fan since 1991 and it is too expensive for me to travel to Berlin.

Its not till june 30th.. get a job.. do more shifts...Im a student and plan on doing them all!
  • mbraun5 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

buy ticket for belin tomorrow then cut your internet connection for 6 months and u have the train tickets and hotel for 1 night in berlin..ill buy u the beers
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Brisk. wrote:
    mbraun5 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Its not till june 30th.. get a job.. do more shifts...Im a student and plan on doing them all!

I work full time in a well paid job, i'm not even doing all the dates and i'm still having to pile in the hours (started that at 6am this morning) and even sell some of my posessions to do this tour... and I'll still be in debt because of it. How you do it as a student I will never know.... :|
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    mbraun5 wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    mbraun5 wrote:

I was in Dusseldorf and it was the best concert of my life.
    Well that was only just over 2 years ago (2 by the time June rolls around). Pearl Jam hasn't really done a full scale tour since 2006, so you are luckier than most. Most of us have had to travel far greater distances than across Germnay to see the shows we've seen since 2006. That's just the way it is with PJ. For all you know they won't be back to Europe at all for 5 or 6 years, so if you miss this Berlin show, who knows when your next chance will be....
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • I work full time in a well paid job, i'm not even doing all the dates and i'm still having to pile in the hours (started that at 6am this morning) and even sell some of my posessions to do this tour... and I'll still be in debt because of it. How you do it as a student I will never know.... :|
    if Brisk dont go,Matt will not play drums.. :D
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    edited December 2009
    mbraun5 wrote:
    I'm a fan of the first hour and I would like to see the band again. Unfortunately I can not take me two days free and the ride ,the overnight, the ticket and whatever else accrues afford to Berlin. I think it's a shame that Pearl Jam, only occurs in eastern Germany and has not even come to the West (for example ISS Dome, Düsseldorf). I believe that it is similar to other fans and would like to see PJ schedules, perhaps in the future two appearances in Germany.

At least they play in youre country, a lot of fans travel across EU for a gig. Ill have a 12 hour journey to get to Berlin (including boat ride) and Im not complaining. Im happy they play in EU so close to last tour.
    Post edited by WhyNotSweden on
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Brisk. wrote:
    mbraun5 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I am married, have three children and have finished my studies. But life is expensive. posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&p=2689096#
  • yeah,i like women too,but i dont married them..im on tour..so next year the wedding.. :mrgreen:
    mbraun5 wrote:

I am married, have three children and have finished my studies. But life is expensive. http://forums.pearljam.com/posting.php? ... p=2689096#

Yayayaya, i got into trouble with Sian last time!
  • Lee MLee M Posts: 142
    I'm taking better part of two week's pay and going to the Berlin show :D
  • Brisk. wrote:
    mbraun5 wrote:

I am married, have three children and have finished my studies. But life is expensive. http://forums.pearljam.com/posting.php? ... p=2689096#

Did you? :?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Brisk. wrote:
    mbraun5 wrote:

Did you? :?

yeah lol
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    Brisk. wrote:

I work full time in a well paid job, i'm not even doing all the dates and i'm still having to pile in the hours (started that at 6am this morning) and even sell some of my posessions to do this tour... and I'll still be in debt because of it. How you do it as a student I will never know.... :|

hey dad can i buy tickets for a few gigs il pay you back later, yeah there for the same band........ thanks dont worry i already have your credit card details etc etc.