Options

Camping experience at the ROO

fsunoles30fsunoles30 Posts: 143
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Just wondering if anyone was in pod 8. I had the privelege of having 3 of the coolest fu$*ing guys I've ever met beside me in camp and they were huge PJ fans. One guy named Perry was extremely knowledgeable of the band. He had a record label in Canada and just finished some work w' Rakewon of the Wu-Tang Clan. Befor leaving, I gave the guys my George Bush mask and in return they gave me their Montreal Canadians flag.

When we arrived at 10:00 est Thursday evening, there was NO way we were gonna have room for our tent. Much less our 10x10 Miller Lite canopy for shade and 3.5x3.5 shower tent behind my vehicle. However, EVERYONE around us cooperated and the guys in front of us who already had their tent staked and canopy up moved their shit and even helped us set ours up. I was extremely impressed with everyone's cooperation and this just goes to show that people can still work together. Can't help but think of Ed's speech during Porch about how if everyone worked together how much better off we'd be. Anyway-sorry so long, but just felt like posting this. ROO ROCKED!!
BHAM 98
BHAM 03
ATLANTA 03
LOLLA 07
ROO 08
EV SOLO Memphis
EV SOLO ATL 1
Music Midtown Speptember 22, 2012
EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21
WRIGLEY FIELD JULY 19...and 20!!! 2013

I will light a match this morning so I won't be alone
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    Roo people rocked ass.
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    fsunoles30 wrote:
    fu$*ing

What is this, Kindergarten?
  • Options
    What is this, Kindergarten?

some people don't like to spell out swears.

like fucking
    and sucking

and so much more. :O
  • Options
    velogatorvelogator Posts: 174
    I was in Pod 6, about 10 minute walk to Centeroo; we had great neighbors. We got there about 1:30pm Thursday with a rented tent that we couldn't set up. The ladies next to us (yes, I was so emasculated :) knew how to do it and we had it up in no time. They were on one side of us and some great college kids on the other side. We joined our tarps together and covered all 3 camps to provide lots of shade. One of the college kids was a huge PJ fan and each morning we'd have a nice talk about PJ.

It was a great time, although washing my hair in a water trough and having to use Portajohns was less then exciting :-)
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    some people don't like to spell out swears.

like fucking
    and sucking

and so much more. :O

Because we don't know what it says if they use characters instead of letters?
  • Options
    quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
    I was in 7, next to a kid with a stickman tattooed on him. People on all sides of me were awesome, we all help put together tents and tied tarps between everyone's canopies for more shade. It was pretty awesome, we shared excess food and such, chatted, had a good time!

A few rows down, there were some idiots giant speakers who thought it was cool to blast music at 7am. At about 7:30am, the old guys in front of us would roll out of their tents with a few joints and a bottle of Jim Beam. They were very nice, but I can't understand how people can survive when living like that!
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    no idea what part I was in- but it was about a 30 min walk- but it still rocked so hard
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    fsunoles30fsunoles30 Posts: 143
    okay, here u go-SHITFUCKSATANDEATHSEXDRUGSRAPE!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I going to the principal's office now???
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    Music Midtown Speptember 22, 2012
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21
    WRIGLEY FIELD JULY 19...and 20!!! 2013

I will light a match this morning so I won't be alone
  • Options
    fsunoles30 wrote:
    okay, here u go-SHITFUCKSATANDEATHSEXDRUGSRAPE!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I going to the principal's office now???

love getting undies in a bunch. :)
  • Options
    got there late so we just parked in a mostly empty field near the woods. it turned out to be great. had plenty of room and the walk was a bit long but very,very interesting to say the least. getting out was easy too.