What Does Europe 2010 Mean for North America?

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Seeing as how Pearl Jam are playing Europe during the best touring season of the year...what does it mean about a tour of the United States/Canada in 2010? We haven't seen a proper tour since 2006 and this kind of throws it up in the air.

Will we see a tour or wait until 2011?
Will we see a mini tour before or after Europe or will it be 2 legs (Northeast/South in April-May and Midwest/West in August-September)?
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• West coast just got their shows I think. April/May for the Eastern US/Canada.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    West coast just got their shows I think. April/May for the Eastern US/Canada.
    I agree. The only question will be - how many shows will there be in NA?. I highly doubt there will be more than 15.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    There were minor grumblings of the band members doing side projects in 2010. I think that the band may take the first 5.5 months of 2010 off. Of course, this is driven by my hopes of a Soundgarden reunion tour in the spring.

With this I would expect US dates for the east and Midwest in the late summer.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • PJBuckeye wrote:
    There were minor grumblings of the band members doing side projects in 2010. I think that the band may take the first 5.5 months of 2010 off. Of course, this is driven by my hopes of a Soundgarden reunion tour in the spring.

soundgarden is not reuniting.. never.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • From a recent Rolling Stone's issue I read, Stone had said something about how nice it is to not have the next three years panned. I don't know what that means considering the fact that they just put up European tour dates for this summer.
  • PJBuckeye wrote:

Unless you're counting Chicago as "midwest" I doubt we'll ever see PJ again in the midwest. :(
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • From a recent Rolling Stone's issue I read, Stone had said something about how nice it is to not have the next three years panned. I don't know what that means considering the fact that they just put up European tour dates for this summer.

I'm guessing what happened was... a european festival threw a large chunk of cash in their direction and then the band decided to fill out their tour calendar a little bit to make it worth the trouble of carting their gear and crew all the way across the ocean. I don't really think this was a "planned" tour.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • I sense a NA tour coming. heheheheheheheheheh.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    Perhaps there will be a MLB tribute show as it will be 20 years since Andrew Wood died. Now that would be a show worth going to...
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    arthurdent wrote:
    From a recent Rolling Stone's issue I read, Stone had said something about how nice it is to not have the next three years panned. I don't know what that means considering the fact that they just put up European tour dates for this summer.

I'm guessing what happened was... a european festival threw a large chunk of cash in their direction and then the band decided to fill out their tour calendar a little bit to make it worth the trouble of carting their gear and crew all the way across the ocean. I don't really think this was a "planned" tour.
    probably was the hard rock calling festival considering in recent years major acts have played it.

I'd expect to see a east coast us tour in spring before this europe tour and a fall midwest us tour after europe
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    My guess is after the European Tour, August - October, Pearl Jam will play a few dozen show's in Eastern Canada & Eastern USA. November it'll be a Southern USA Experience. Then in December a South America Experience happens! :)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    demetrios wrote:
    My guess is after the European Tour, August - October, Pearl Jam will play a few dozen show's in Eastern Canada & Eastern USA. November it'll be a Southern USA Experience. Then in December a South America Experience happens! :)
    it will be before
    possibly starting near the coachella music fest in April
    of course they will do a NA tour a al 2006
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I'm hoping we see some kind of tour and think we will. I can't imagine them neglecting most of the U.S. after an album and not visiting some parts for 5 years.

I'd say maybe a mini-spring tour to "warm up" for Europe and then the rest in August/September/October.

At least I hope...it's been far too long for those on the east coast outside of Philly.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Get_Right wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    it will be before
    possibly starting near the coachella music fest in April
    of course they will do a NA tour a al 2006

Kinda hope the NA Tour is after the European Tour.
    Maybe a mini southwest tour, warmup for Europe.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    demetrios wrote:

OR a south east tour ;)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    demetrios wrote:

I would be very surprised if they are taking that much time off after releasing a new record

Id bet there will be two months of shows in NA before Europe-then Asia and South America after Europe

but that is just masturbatory speculation ;)
  • Get_Right wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I would be very surprised if they are taking that much time off after releasing a new record

Id bet there will be two months of shows in NA before Europe-then Asia and South America after Europe

but that is just masturbatory speculation ;)

It would be cool if youre right but I highly doubt PJ will EVER do a massive WW tour again. These mini tours are the new standard IMO...
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    If the North American tour were a roulette wheel, I would cover a few handpicked venues on the East Coast en route to Europe. Preferably Boston, Miami, Cleveland, or Orlando during the NBA finals...I guess New York wouldn't hurt either
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Aero83_ wrote:
    If the North American tour were a roulette wheel, I would cover a few handpicked venues on the East Coast en route to Europe. Preferably Boston, Miami, Cleveland, or Orlando during the NBA finals...I guess New York wouldn't hurt either

Miami would be badass!

It would be cool if youre right but I highly doubt PJ will EVER do a massive WW tour again. These mini tours are the new standard IMO...
    which is what Im saying 8 weeks of US shows in 2010-no more
    and I do think there is a good chance they will head line coachella in april and that will be the staring point for the US dates
    from Wiki

On the evening of November 5, 1993 the rock band Pearl Jam performed before almost 25,000 fans that stood and sat through the night on the lawns of Indio's historic and previously rock-festival free Empire Polo Club. Although band management had chosen this untested and under-developed site as part of the boycott of Ticketmaster and the Southern California auditoriums it controlled, the event established the new venue's suitability for large-scale rock events. Such suitability was not a given: the grounds, essentially one vast irrigated desert lawn, sit in one of America's hottest and driest spots, and the region's lightly populated towns, while having a history as resorts, are between one and five hours' drive from regional population centers (San Diego, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Phoenix).

Six years later, on October 9 and 10, 1999 (a mere three months after the disastrous Woodstock 99 festival) the first actual Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival (usually abbreviated simply as "Coachella Fest") was held. Due to Woodstock 99's fires and riots, Coachella promoters weren't allowed to offer on site camping, a ban that continued until the 2002 festival.

but of course, thats just masturbatory speculation ;)
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Aero83_ wrote:

Here we have a smart idea! :mrgreen:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    Aero83_ wrote:

I'm down for that. Then making their way up north east, they come by Halifax, Nova Scotia to close the East Coast tour! :mrgreen:
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I'm just hoping something along the lines of Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, Columbus, Indy, St. Louis... Denver?
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    drew0 wrote:
    I'm just hoping something along the lines of Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, Columbus, Indy, St. Louis... Denver?
    You and me both :mrgreen:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • I think All Points West is the last weekend in july or the first in august. It would fit right into the schedule if they hit up the east coast on the way back from europe
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • drew0 wrote:
    St. Louis
    :thumbup: :clap:
    I think All Points West is the last weekend in july or the first in august. It would fit right into the schedule if they hit up the east coast on the way back from europe
    bite your tongue man

I hate that festival and would be very unhappy if that was the NYC gig for the upcoming year
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    Something tells me that Coachella is highly likely... think about it, since 2007 it is the biggest major North American festival they have not hit. They have done Lolla, Bonaroo, and ACL, in 2007, 2008, and 2009.... I would say Coachella is definitely in the cards.... I'd even debate going... Coachella was so much fun last time I went.... but after ACL, I would rather see a PJ concert than a festival... not to say their show wasn't great... I was just hoping to hear a lot more of the new album, and another festival will be another greatest hits setlist... Enjoy Europe :shock:

How about some love for the deep south??? PJ hasn't been down here for ever! Houston deserves a treat! And if you come down here I promise to do atleast 5 shows! let's have some more locals commit.....!

that being said, I will probably do the northeast leg when it's announced.. I can't see them not doing the NYC, Boston, Hartford, Washington, Camden run.... just make sure you get to Toronto and Montreal!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • andrewbandrewb Posts: 488
    Get_Right wrote:
    I think All Points West is the last weekend in july or the first in august. It would fit right into the schedule if they hit up the east coast on the way back from europe
    bite your tongue man

I hate that festival and would be very unhappy if that was the NYC gig for the upcoming year

the truth
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,988
    I hope they save their east coast dates till the end of the summer, early fall.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane