Euro 2010 shows - the worst announcement EVER!!

goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Under any other circumstances, a new PJ tour announcement would be the single most important thing to happen to me. I have flown from Wales to Sydney in 06, from Sydney to Chicago in 07 and from London to New York in 08 just for Pearl Jam shows so a show in London's Hyde Park - which is about 25 minutes away from where I live! - should be a good thing...

WRONG!

Hard Rock Calling is on June 25th...

I'm getting married on June 26th...

in SYDNEY!!!

:x :x Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :x :x
“Do not postpone happiness”
(Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
(Tim Rogers)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    i think we all know what is more important......PJ.
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Mcam55 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Mcam55 wrote:

She'll understand dude. And if she doesn't... at least you'll die alone and unloved.

/end sarcasm
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Aaron 23Aaron 23 Posts: 543
    Not going to lie...that would seriously have me trying to reschedule. :lol:
  • I'm sorry but that made me laugh ... :oops:
    You'll have more PJ shows to go to.
  • Just Breathe :o
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    reschedule!

if she loves you, she'll understand!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    come to the dublin show on the 22nd so you soon to be wife can plan everything and then fly from here to sydney ;)
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Time to RESCHEDULE M8!...haha :P :P :P
  • I'm in a similar situation, I'm gonna be in Seattle from March till August, and PJ is doing a European tour in June and July!!!! This can't be true, i really hope they'll also add some US-dates.
  • i_lov_it wrote:
    Time to RESCHEDULE M8!...haha :P :P :P
    Exactly- everyone will understand- just push it back a few weeks ;)
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    She's a huge fan too, it's one of the first things that we realised we had in common when we met. I took her to New York for both MSG shows last year.

Damn, this is tough...

(Tim Rogers)
    HeavyHands wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

She'll understand dude. And if she doesn't... at least you'll die alone and unloved.

/end sarcasm
    This may be the funniest reply I've EVER seen! Thank you! :lol:

(Tim Rogers)
  • so02seeso02see Posts: 238
    accidentally on purpose find yourself at the airport after your stag do on 23rd!!!
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • goldrush wrote:
    Under any other circumstances, a new PJ tour announcement would be the single most important thing to happen to me. I have flown from Wales to Sydney in 06, from Sydney to Chicago in 07 and from London to New York in 08 just for Pearl Jam shows so a show in London's Hyde Park - which is about 25 minutes away from where I live! - should be a good thing...

WRONG!

in SYDNEY!!!

:x :x Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :x :x
    the best reason not to :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    goldrush wrote:

WRONG!

in SYDNEY!!!

why fly to Sydney? you realise that same sex marriages have been legal in the UK for years :thumbup:

joking obviously... shame about your marriage dates and PJ dates clashing.... you are quite literally fucked... which is ironic as after your wedding you'll never get fucked again... :twisted: :mrgreen:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • hmmmmmmmmmm show finishs at what 10..straight to airport first flight land if lucky 2pm...straigh to wedding for a 3pm do...this is in a perfect world and that you tell the wife to be that time difference is not your fault and your watch says 3pm.not 1am the next day. :o

p.s can i have the eys to your house so we can all have somewere to stay for free....see an up side to everything
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    1.Fake Your Death
    2.Go to the PJ show
    3.Reappear days later after the wedding.
    4.Your family is so glad your alive they forget and forgive you for missing the wedding.
    5.Get Married
    5.Win-Win
  • Bugger. :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    goldrush wrote:
    Thank you! :lol:

6a00c2251c020b604a00f48cfd833d0001-320pi
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
    Mcam55 wrote:
    1.Fake Your Death
    2.Go to the PJ show
    3.Reappear days later after the wedding.
    4.Your family is so glad your alive they forget and forgive you for missing the wedding.
    5.Get Married
    5.Win-Win
    Why do I get the feeling you've done this before?...

(Tim Rogers)
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    dunkman wrote:
    goldrush wrote:

WRONG!

in SYDNEY!!!

why fly to Sydney? you realise that same sex marriages have been legal in the UK for years :thumbup:

joking obviously... shame about your marriage dates and PJ dates clashing.... you are quite literally fucked... which is ironic as after your wedding you'll never get fucked again... :twisted: :mrgreen:

:lol::D

@Goldrush: I feel sorry for you not being able to attend Hyde Park but there will be plenty more opportunities too see PJ....
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    @Goldrush: I feel sorry for you not being able to attend Hyde Park but there will be plenty more opportunities too see PJ....
    Yeah I know there will be other chances but I wanted to be getting excited about the tour with everyone else here! :( I've seen them 12 times since 93 so it's not like I'll be missing my first chance, it's just knowing that they'll be so close to home is a killer. I can't remember the last time they were in Europe and I didn't join in the ticket-buying madness. It will be interesting just being an observer for a change.

Also, I know I'm pretty lucky as I'm marrying another big PJ fan, I'm just sulking a bit right now! :(

(Tim Rogers)
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Aaron 23 wrote:
    Not going to lie...that would seriously have me trying to reschedule. :lol:

Same here - if they're your future spouse hopefully they'll understand - she's a fan too - take her along - make it a mutual rescheduling (mostly kidding but at least a little bit serious!)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    goldrush wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Yeah I know there will be other chances but I wanted to be getting excited about the tour with everyone else here! :( I've seen them 12 times since 93 so it's not like I'll be missing my first chance, it's just knowing that they'll be so close to home is a killer. I can't remember the last time they were in Europe and I didn't join in the ticket-buying madness. It will be interesting just being an observer for a change.

Also, I know I'm pretty lucky as I'm marrying another big PJ fan, I'm just sulking a bit right now! :(

You have every right to be sulking.....I understand how you must feel ....the pre-tour buzz is something special...

To make you feel better: You know how slim chances are for me finding a girl who´s into PJ where I live?
    You´re one lucky son of a gun!! ;):D I wish you a very happy life together, enjoy your wedding!!
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • if she is a big pj fan then she'd be ok with changning the date. i would. ;)
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i'll be sure to snag you a poster

;)

the ulitimate wedding gift

make sure you get it when you get divorced ;)