Bugs...a Complaint

faulknerfaulkner Posts: 19
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Dear Mr. Vedder...

I have a complaint. For years now my friends and I have been going to your concerts. One of the most amusing aspects of going to a Pearl Jam show has been when my friend would say "Man, I hope they play Bugs!" This would naturally begin a teasing session where my friends and I could retort: "Ha! They'll never play Bugs! That song is so weird...what, do you think Eddie's just gonna randomly come out with an accordian and chant those lyrics for 2 minutes? Ha ha they've NEVER performed that song! They didn't even do it when Vitalogy came out!" My friend would say, "Yeah I would love to hear it live but they'll probably never actually do it".

Ok, secretly I would think "Yeah, that would be awesome if they played Bugs". But one week we happened to decide to go to four of your shows in Philadelphia. Naturally, each show began with our familiar exchange about "Bugs" that we had always enjoyed. But this Halloween, something peculiar happened. During the show, I got a text from a friend on the other side of the arena: "Dude, I SEE A FREAKIN' ACCORDIAN!" I can't believe you picked OUR SHOW to put an end to this tradition! While this is a fitting end indeed (and indeed fitting, i.e. it was pretty friggin' awesome), it leaves me without the ability to make fun of my friend that you will never play Bugs live.

Obviously, the only way you can make this up to me is by playing "Dirty Frank" next time you come to Philly (or bring me back-stage). And since I know for 100% certainty that I have your attention, for the love of God please play "Sleight of Hand" more!

Sincerely,
Bryan

P.S. Does this mean we can expect to hear "Evil Little Goat" performed live (or "Stand By" :P )?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    eddie called me, "he said sure" what the people want. :lol::D:lol:
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Bugs is my Rose For Emily...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    Apologize? For Bugs? ...by playing Dirty Frank?

Dirty Frank RIP. Please don't come back.
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    great post...had a similar experience :D the irony great!